Anna Kendrick Wants To Play Marvel’s Squirrel Girl

Does Sup Forums think she would make a good Squirrel Girl? A movie of her would never happen but I think she looks the part.

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/squirrel-girl-movie-anna-kendrick/
squirrrelygirly.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=MwSpEQ1p-WI
squirrrelygirly.tumblr.com/post/135751552766/how-my-mom-died-why-im-not-going-to-her-funeral
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Source:
slashfilm.com/squirrel-girl-movie-anna-kendrick/

I've always thought she was cute, and yeah, I wouldn't mind if she was Squirrel Girl, and hey, if the movie did well then the masses would associate AK Squirrel Girl over the down syndrome one,

I don't know about her prowess as an actor much since I've only ever seen her in 50/50. But she defiantly has a rodent-like face.

And yeah, I doubt the character would get a movie. The entire premise of the character is just too silly for the MCU.

That's actually not bad casting.

I'm pretty sure Henderson traces Maisie Williams for the strip, so I don't see Kendrick happening.

i'd hit that

wouldn't even pretend i hadn't

>Anna Kendrick
Who?

She was in some musical that people really loved, whatever that cup song is from

She was Scott's older sister in Scott Pilgrim vs the World

I mostly remember her as Sup Forums's flavor of the week for awhile because she has the same "awkward" personality as Jennifer Lawrence and her twitter feed was kind of amusing

Would't SG fall in line with Fox since she's a mutant?

I think they made her an inhuman or something but I know for sure she isn't a mutant anymore.

It's fake because it's too obvious.

>Anna Kendrick looks like a rodent
>hire her to play rodent-based superheroine

Way too on the nose with the joke, user.

>rat plays a squirrel
poetry

Nuts!

Fox doesn't own all mutants; they own the word mutant and the X-Men family of characters.

Not very successfully.

This rat-washing is unacceptable!

Too old.
Squirrel Girl needs to be pretty young, at least at the start.

> Squirrel Girl appears in a few episodes of AOS, maybe a Netflix series or two
> Becomes a smash hit overnight
> Entire character is reworked to fit in with the MCU
> Henderson and North dropped from Squirrel Girl

no

there's no automatic claim on mutants, only on X-Men characters; FOX discovered during their attempt to sue Marvel over the Mutant X show that they didn't even own all the X-Men - in particular, Colossus, who had by that time already appeared on-screen in their movies

as part of the (sealed) settlement for that case, it's assumed that, since Marvel's partners on Mutant X were already out of business and FOX and affiliates in the Newscorp group already carried Mutant X, FOX arranged ownership of either the mutants they had already used without the right to do so (which would otherwise be very expensive) or all "X-Men" related properties in live-action only, in return for dropping their own suit against Marvel (which was an extremely vague claim on the concept of mutants, and could only ever have been applied in the context of Marvel mutants, but clearly didn't apply to near-mutant concepts like the Inhumans)

in practice this probably means that FOX owns live-action rights to make stories from X-Men comics featuring X-Men-originated or X-Men centric characters (as usual, in return for a percentage of the budget in addition to the original rights payment); which depends as much on where the characters first appeared (as with Kingpin originally being sold as part of the Spider-Man rights and being bought from Sony by FOX, then returned to Marvel a decade later) as much as it depends on how they are described; there's no reason Marvel wouldn't retain the rights to mutant characters but not the right to call them that in live-action appearances, if they don't fall under the scope of named teams, individuals and concepts covered by the contract with FOX

SG in particular has multiple possible origins; calling her a mutant once or even repeatedly doesn't make her an X-Man

That's actually quite good casting.

Her face is squirrelish in defiance of human anatomy?

I don't like it, I feel like she's too old for Squirrel Girl and her face is kind of boring.
I think Eden Sher would be a better fit, if she hasn't completely shed her old goofy self completely that is.
>I'd fuck an attractive woman who's rich and famous and wouldn't hide that I did
You're so humble user.

Scott Pilgrim's sister

I would prefer a film appearance, honestly.
It would make the off-panel victory so much funnier.
>250 million $ film
>cuts away from presumably action scene
>characters keep talking about how epic that was
>facebook normies lose their shit over it

Nice clickbait

>Kendrick responded with this surprising answer:
>“My brother sent me a Squirrel Girl comic because he thinks I should [play her]. I don’t know what Squirrel Girl does other than be half squirrel, but I could be half squirrel!”

Dammit I just cringed so hard I gave myself a cramp.

Why?

Only if Brittany Snow gets to play her lesbian lover Hellcat.

Don't tell me that pitch isn't perfect.

>actual characters using epic
>catering to facebook normies
No thanks .

har har.

I can smell some crazy skinny-washing controversy coming from miles away, especially now that Squirrel Girl got thicker in the comics.

SQUIRRELS AREN'T RODENTS!!!

Fatter. HEr main artist has been giving her Lena Dunfham's bodytype

I've seen five or so a one talking about their wives just today. Like it or not, Sup Forums is normie central these days.

>be the brother of a famous actress
>occasionally tease sister about her appearance like any normal sibling would
>make a joke about how she should play a character that looks like a squirrel
>she takes it seriously as advice
>she mentions it in an interview
>now some losers on chinese cartoon boards are talking about it like it's happening

I fail to see your fucking problem.
No particular choice of words or even character has been suggested.
And I specifically noted how much this would not cater to Facebook normies.

It's like you are just looking for things to be angry about.

>attractive

wellll

>rich

I would not have imagined she was loaded down with gold or anything, though she's probably doing OK if she was smart and invested early

>famous

literally had to google her

we already have the perfect squirrel girl
squirrrelygirly.tumblr.com/

.. They actually are rodents.

She was Scott's little sister.

>Scott's older sister
AYO HOL'UP

>is just too silly for the MCU.
a racoon with a machine gun and a sentient tree voiced by vin diesel is silly too?

What we need is an ensemble movie (like avengers) with Ewing as creative consultant. That is the best path for squirrel girl in a movie

Maybe even make it just this team minus Hulkling and Wiccan and replace Hawkeye with Girl Hawkeye

>that squirrel girl
What if I just...there. It is more lewder now Sup Forums?
How do you rate?

As long as it's Squirrel Girl, and not the 50 year old fat Tumblr-pandering girl, it's fine.

Ehhh kinda

Are they making a GLA movie?
youtube.com/watch?v=MwSpEQ1p-WI

Difference is those characters didn't start off as jokes. They where intended to be taken seriously or with as much as seriousness as the average Marvel character. Squirrel Girl was created as a joke and should remain one.

>squirrrelygirly.tumblr.com/
Oh god. I was hoping that they'd prosecute her for murder by now. This is depressing.

I wouldn't say she is a joke as such.
She is a functioning character, if odd and patently insane. She has that joke gimmick of winning fights off-screen, but it's not all-encompassing.
She is currently used quite similar to Rocket, I'd say.

Needs to put on a few pounds, add a chromosome and break her nose.

She's only playing along with the "she looks like a rat" meme

She looks too much like Adam Scott.

which is funny because she's actually older than Cera

She already looks like a rodent, I see literally nothing wrong with it.

I don't see it

If the Squrirel Girl movie is a musical, then sure. I'm sure they could even get Joss Whedon back.

Does she really have herpes?

if antman and deadcool can work this can work

Already got my groove music playing.

I didn't know the CinemaSins guy lurked Sup Forums.
Then again, I don't lurk Sup Forums, so I can't see what he posts in /ak/ threads when they happen.

I always want Kate Micucci to play her. Her voice is what I'd picture in the old days before the dreadful new book design (which actually looks great in New Avengers).

They should go for the girl from Kimmy Schmidt.

Does this mean marvel own SG movie rights ?
That would explain all her push in comics.

>wellll

subjective

>rich

net worth=$10 million

>famous

anecdotal

she looks more like a rat than a squirrel

I'd still do her though

It must be the tits.

oh god, I wish. give it one of those Avengers back to back fight scenes, but with all of them fucking up in the process, and Mr Immortal dying, falling off camera, and getting back up to die again

Yes, cause while she is a mutant(recently retconned to being a different kind than the X-Men sort), she's never been associated with the X-Men(indeed the only X book she's ever been in was Deadpool), and made her debut in an Iron Man comic(and indeed has always been more of an Avengers character than anything)

Similar eyebrows and jaw when I look at just those; but when I see both faces they're still just completely different.

>autism

>your fucking problem.
I'm not like a prude or anything but jeez user. What a weird spot to put fucking

It's literally just an actor saying "yeah, I'd take this job that offers great benefits like guaranteed work for across several years minimum and massive exposure if it was offered."

Why do people care about this?

Because at the same time it only works if there is sufficient hype for it.

I don't see why most actresses can't simply hire their own writers to make the movies they want to make.

For the uninitiated
>squirrrelygirly.tumblr.com/post/135751552766/how-my-mom-died-why-im-not-going-to-her-funeral

Danny DeVito will be better.

You also have to hire things like directors, producers, etc. and then get studio funding for it.

> HAVE TO
pfffft. College kids make hobo budget movies all the time. Squirrel girl has the perfect mood for it.

Doesn't change that Deadpool is cemented as "LOL-So-Random-Man" and his movie presented him as such.

This is just bait right? Like there is no way that is real...right? She straight up murdered her mum.

My dream.
>>Squirrel Girl announced for a film.
>>All her fans get so excited.
>>They hype her up so much
>>They see the film
>>The fans claim she is true to character
>>Everyone else flats out hates her
>>They call her the MCU's Jar Jar Binks
>>She's annoying, perky and is always winning, and the general audience hates that.
>>Kill her off in her second appearance as a joke.

Why do you want a fucking Squirel Girl movie when we could get a Great Lake Avengers movie with her in it instead

It seems like a better option

That's why squirrel girl can't be a AAA movie. It has to be campy and low budget as fuck.

This, people should be demanding for this

A Squirell movie sounds boring, a GLA movie sounds like an actual emmy winner lol

I didn't say a Squirrel Girl movie. I meant a cameo.

>thinks robin hood (the fox one) was sexy
>now wants to dress up as an animal-person

Fucking furfags.

This was enlightning, thanks user.