Planet of the Apes

I just watched the 1968 movie and I am underwhelmed. The plot holes really ruined the movie for me. Why does Taylor not question how the apes and he speak the same language? Why do the apes and Taylor speak the same language? If 2000 years have passed, the language would have evolved to the point of being just about irrecognizable. How the fuck does Taylor not figure out he's on earth when he and the apes speak the same language. For a "twist" ending, the fact that he was on earth was broadcast from the first time the audience hears the apes speak English.
The movie could've been so much better if they had the apes and Taylor speak different languages. Just give the apes subtitles so the audience can understand them, but there is still a huge mystery going on. For the apes, Taylor is a human that talks, even if his speech is unrecognizable. It would also make it so that the audience does not immediately recognize the creatures as speaking english, something that is done exclusively on earth. did the writers not realize these plot holes or did they just not give a fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lQAJFVV_h-U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Americans are self-centered and believe that everybody speaks english, even aliens.

>I just watched the 1968 movie and I am underwhelmed

Nothing to see here people. Move along. Its just a b8 thread.

It isn't bait, these are my legitimate criticisms. I wanted to enjoy the movie, but i couldn't because these plot holes were hanging over my head the entire time.

No, its b8. You harp on one thing and think it ruins a movie when that's what every movie at the time did.

Can you elaborate? I can excuse plot holes when they aren't central to the story, sadly this one is. The fact that it is one thing is irrelevant because of the fact that much of the movie focuses on one subject : communication. Which, as I have shown, was completely butchered in the movie. Unless you want to refute my criticism, please stop calling my post bait.

>plot holes
>plural

Can you name another plot hole?
Also aliens speak english in practically every movie involving aliens before 1980.
Again, your post is b8.

The way i used the plural plot holes was out of respect for the english language. I could have just as easily written "I can excuse plot hole when", but i don't think that would read as nicely. I'm sorry that I haven't seen a lot of alien movies before 1980, but that doesn't excuse this flaw. A plot hole is a plot hole. You can talk about the expectation of suspending disbelief, but I am just wondering if this sort of thing ruined the movie for anyone else.

>A plot hole is a plot hole

Just because you call it a plot hole does not make it one.
Now fuck off b8er.

So then what do you call it? cinematic flair? I am honestly curious about why you accept that the apes speak a form of english identical to the present day.

>So then what do you call it?

Normal.

dude b8 lmao

>I could have just as easily written "I can excuse plot hole when", but i don't think that would read as nicely.
How about "I can excuse a plot hole when"
don't be retarded.

Things in art don't always have to make sense.

That's the difference between art and reality.

Aliens always speak English, that's not really a plothole & just suspension of disbelief

Also the twist ending is somewhat of a meme & not the point of the movie, Dr.Zaius kept trying to tell him it was Earth but he didn't want to listen because he was so arrogant, he couldn't believe apes surpassed man despite all the obvious signs

Who would want to watch a movie with apes speaking jibberish and 90 percent subtitles?

I would agree with you more, but for me this movie is science fiction, and in science fiction I want some science along with the fiction.

They could do something like the show vikings does. When there are vikings talking to

Then you haven't watched much science fiction, because aliens speaking english is common as fuck.

But they aren't aliens.

They are from the audiences perspective.

>A planet ruled by highly intelligent primates that have surpassed man isn't science fiction enough.

So all the movies fucking something up makes it okay? If this movie is truly a great movie, then it should fix the mistakes made by similar movies of the time.

>So all the movies fucking something up makes it okay?

Yeah actually. When its normal for aliens to speak english, everyone makes aliens speak english.
The fact that you can't get that through your head proves you are a shitty b8er.

So you respond to the first part of my post but not the second? Do you just not have an answer or what?

Its not a mistake if no one says it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=lQAJFVV_h-U

Your only argument for it not being a mistake is that it was the popular thing to do, your argument is a bit circular, don't you think?

No my argument for it not being a mistake is that it doesn't impact the story.

It doesn't impact the story because the writers didn't let it impact the story. It would impact the story if the story made sense.

Ok now you're just being retarded.
Fuck off.
Planet of the Apes is a classic masterpiece and you have shit taste if you don't like it.