So, I just marathoned season 2 of Rick and Morty and the ending of Total Rickall really got me

So, I just marathoned season 2 of Rick and Morty and the ending of Total Rickall really got me.

youtube.com/watch?v=x_rVshpbywI

The way Beth nervously shakes as she's pouring her wine is animated so perfectly and it actually legit made me feel bad. How did Sup Forums react to this when it first aired?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GHsQ6UsA7Js
youtube.com/watch?v=W1Kgl9aqOnI
youtube.com/watch?v=g6ZCfF49B8g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Rick attempted suicide ending was better

Is it pretty much agreed that this took place in an alternate universe to the main one?

Why would it?

No, why would it? We even see Rick pick up the parasite eggs in the episodes before it

so much better

No?

Well, it is the universe where Rick And Morty died, and the Rick and Morty from the universe where that love potion got everyone fucked up replaced them. So maybe Rick and Morty pretended they knew Mr.Poopybutthole longer than they actually do, to blend in better?

i actually had to read into the show's cast to find out she is played by Elliot from Scrubs, love that woman

I was laughing the entire time

>the joke

it just reversed expectation.

Why does it matter what "everyone" thinks? Does it help you to feel smarter or something?
Think for yourself man.

How many feels will be in season 3?

A very good many I should think wot wot

The Blips & Chitz episode? That's the one where Rick got the parasites, and that's also the one that's supposedly about a different Rick.

Supposedly "our" Rick is the one who spent all day with his Morty at Blips & Chitz and had no Fart adventure. At the end of the episode, "our" Rick and the episode's main Rick switch Jerrys.

So it was the other Rick that got the parasites, not the Rick we usually follow.

What if Rick and Morty goes full Moral Orel season 3?

>a season comprised entirely of character study vignettes focusing on the secondary cast
No way. It's far too popular for being "wacky"

Summer gets raped and killed by some shmuck. Rick starts screwing with time for real to make it better, blowing his new cover wide open. Shit starts freaking the hell out all over the multiverse. The council comes after him. He manages to time it so that the galactic government is there at the same time. Both sides came prepared to fight Ricks, so Earth gets royally fucked up in most dimensions. Morty dies, and Rick runs. End episode 1.
Episode 2 begins with Rick hiding in the cronenberg world he made. He finds it's Summer, now a mother and warrior, leading a small band of survivors, kidnaps her away from all that, and memory wipes her. Turns out Rick had cashed in his extra Morty almost immediately, and had him in stasis along with a backup of his Morty's memories he secretly made every month or so when he remembered to. Rick takes them to doofus Rick's world and guilt's him into helping him save his grandkids by jumping their whole planet forward in time. They start jumping forward in time to find an age when the Rick war is over, and finally find 10 million years later that there are no more Rickbots or bugs left. As he congratulates doofus Rick on his brilliant work, thee Rick knocks him out, then uses a sample of his wife's DNA to physically turn doofus Rick into Beth, and performs another mind write. Rick wakes them all up and apologies for not being able to save Jerry. They live on this last Earth, in the absence of a galactic civilization for a while, then Beth randomly runs into doofus Jerry, who actually isn't that much of a doofus. Rick dies of liver failure a month later, and life on Earth goes on with no more crazy adventures for anyone. The End.

Seeing suffering and despair so well drawn is always great.

I really wish they could've chosen a better name than Mr. Poopy butthole.

Honestly, after Rick Potion 9, I wasn't really phased by all their attempts have having dark endings and deep moments. Kinda hard to top the two title characters being killed and then being usurped by their doubles from another universe.

>implying Morty doesn't kill Rick at the very end

Beth's going to eventually snap and murder the entire family isn't she?

About 3 feels

>implying she can murder Rick
Not in the "Rick can escape in his portal" way, but she doesn't have the balls to murder her own dad

The best part was the after the credits.

I would accept that ending.

NOW JUST HOLD ON A GAWDDAMN MINUTE HEAH!

>Is he mad at me?
>He's not going to press charges I mean that's gotta be the you shot me equivalent of not being mad

I have no idea why that makes me laugh so hard

If you notice the crystal he uses to power the device it is the same as the one he uses to get channels from across all universes. The implication being Rick attempted to kill himself across all iterations of reality at once.

Oh fuck. I didn't even realize.

It's even more fucked up that NOBODY checked on him for an entire night. Rick could have actually killed himself and nobody would have even known. Not even Morty checked on him

LICK MY BALLS

Total Rickall is by far the best episode to use if you want to explain why the show is fucking great

I'm pretty sure it's actually the fakeout one from Season 1

>Not Unity ending
For shame
youtube.com/watch?v=GHsQ6UsA7Js

i get it but it's stupid as hell that rick conveniently passing out is the one thing that saves his life. contrivances are annoying as shit.

pleb
yeah i was like "shit, this is really fucked"
you have to put yourself in the context of this episode, the parasites fabricate memories. The friendship you have with the illusion is completely seemless except for the fact that its only tell is that all the memories are positive. So you have to resolve yourself to essentially murder your best friends and your only saving grace is that you hope the memories are fake. For all except mr. poopybutthole, this was true.

What the hell is that mutant he killed? Was it like a unity abortion?

It's implied to be some thing that's constantly in pain that he's trying to help. In the end, he believes the only cure for its pain is death.

Well that's the problem with being Rick isn't it? Why would anyone check on you when you make it abundantly clear you consider their feelings worthy of contempt and derision. It's one of the things I love about the series. There are consequences to being Rick.

I am gonna go on a limb and say plenty of people have gotten drunk with the intent of killing themselves but then pass out

In the UK they used to use coal gas in their ovens. This gas contained carbon monoxide, which meant if you wanted to painlessly kill yourself, you just had to blow out the pilot light and turn the gas on. Breathe deep and go to sleep. They switched to natural gas and the suicide rate went down by a third, and stayed down. Just that delay of trying to find another way to do it or having to do something more physical and painful dropped suicide by a third. Or the people who stop hundreds of suicides just by hanging out near cliffs and talking to people. Suicide comes from a mind that's no longer able to make proper decisions, and it's often insanely small things that make the difference between people living and people dying.

That's real insightful user

not the other guy, but I'm also a tad lenient in that regard after seeing it a few times in detail. like seeing that he tries bracing himself up as he begins fading so that he'll still be killed is enough for me to ignore how convenient it is because of how genuine the suicide attempt feels.

He passes out because he closes his eyes while waiting for the beam to do him in. When you're drunk enough, that's all it takes.

Sorry guys but the Rick attempted suicide was not nearly as good. First of all, the animation. But more importantly, we already know Rick is a depressed suicidal fuck. Beth always acts so high an mighty, especially in front of Jerry. But she is actually hurting like her father, and even though she probably won't reach the levels of fucked as Rick, she still could. Both are alcaholics, both have huge egos, but both are also extremely depressed. Welcome to the wabba lubba dub dubz club, Beth.

>This many people don't know the Krombopulous Micheal Theory

Ooh boy do I envy you.
youtube.com/watch?v=W1Kgl9aqOnI

>YOU GOTTA PUT IT UP YER BUTT MORTY

I was actually laughing really hard. I'm fucked up

That wasn't a good theory. As much as I want K Mike to be alive, he isn't

>only some Ricks gave birth to Beth

Except the creators have dropped some hints that the theory could be correct.

youtube.com/watch?v=g6ZCfF49B8g

>that pic
that was a brutal one. i was shocked

DO YOU FEEL IT?
DO YOU FEEL IT?
DO YOU FEEL THAT I CAN SEE YOUR SOUL?

The best feelsy moment they ever did was the first one.

Everything since has pretty much followed the same formula in that department.

When I first watched this scene I genuinely thought he was going to snort the powderized remains the creature he just killed to get high.

Which was this?

Mr. poopy Butthole! NOooo

After he and Rick escaped their reality and he had to bury his own corpse.

No

Why not? Mr. Poopybutthole didn't exist until that one episode, and he is watching Rick and Morty on tv. So unless the family he was living with has their own reality tv show, he had to have been from an alternate Rickverse.

We better get some evil morty

And neither did scraunchy till the party episode with birdperson and yet Rick knew them all his life

>Red and Dit

Squanchy came from another planet and knew only Rick. Mr. Poopybutthole lived with the entire family.

I dislike how people rave about how this show gives them "le feelzzz!!1" but fuck, it really hits close to home sometimes. The OP was hilarious, but the cutaway with Beth in bed was a little uncomfortable.

Half a feel, thinly spread out over a handful of episodes so that when the season is over people can review and suddenly realize HOLY SHIT IT WAS THERE THE WHOLE TIME.

Iwant the cynicism of Rick and the optimism of Steven to meet, and for the latter to break and the former to change. Because fuck Steven.

i like the idea but.. if thats possible and theres an infinite number of ricks then i feel like some other rick would have successfully done that by now

Plot contrivance is pretty much the primary difference between fiction and reality.

Beth is a fucked up bitch but she's seen nothing compared to Rick.

It's pretty much because that specific moment was the zeitgeist if the dynamic show, of a demented doc brown taking an insecure Marty through dangerous shit, taken to its logical end. The whole show has a whole nihilistic science thing going on and that moment pretty much culminates it. everything else is just serves as filler until the next logical progression, which is hinted at morty going for a more positive nihilism than rick. Which is to say, have morty become a giga good dude in the face of nihilist evil.

So wouldn't that make Morty the übermensch since he'd be trying to overcome the hopelessness of it all instead of wallowing in it like Rick

I've never seen this show, but I like the Shadman comic where she makes out with a horse butthole.

>How's your short game?
I'm glad I decided to finally watch this show.

my first thoughts when hearing the theory

I always see theories for Rick and Morty but nobody ever mentions that Bird Person has a picture of a young Rick holding baby Morty

Yeah, and they all knew him.

Man, it's funny how hard it is for some people to grasp the joke.

it was amazing that jerry finds a job

go to bed Lord Dominator

They're probably fucking around as usual.

>Riddit and Normy

...what?

So, Jerry initially doesn't consider Mr.Poopy Butthole a good person ? What's up with that?

But our Rick is the Rickest Rick there is.

It is kind of contrived, but most Ricks belongs to the Council of Ricks, and by not belonging to it our Rick really has distinguished himself as unique from him. So if any of them could pull it off, it'd more likely be this one.

No.
It's.
Not.
You keep posting this theory and it's never right.
If the crystal could have killed all Ricks in every reality then it would have worked. Alternate timelines and infinite possibilities, the show keeps hammering this point home. Meaning somewhere some Ricks succeeded in killing themselves that night and others have done the same on other occasions. If the crystals had that power one Rick somewhere would have succeeded in erasing all Ricks long long ago.
So it wasn't a time crystal, he wasn't trying to suicide all Ricks, other Ricks had to have succeeded where he failed.
Stop reposting your stupid theory.