What's the quintessential 90s-core television that should be mandatory watching before being allowed to post on this...

What's the quintessential 90s-core television that should be mandatory watching before being allowed to post on this board?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FMJPwRWaZBI
youtube.com/watch?v=_4vfA4nk7V4
youtube.com/watch?v=n0Yj1r6Bz3M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

friends

Simpsons

The adventures of Pete and Pete

Been rewatching a bit of that and holy fuck, it's even better than I remembered. Their prime was really amazing television

Lois and Clark

TGIF

Seconded.

X-Files

Star Trek TNG
Seinfeld
Clarissa

Fresh Prince

>Beavis and Butt-Head
>The X-Files
>Twin Peaks
>Pinky and the Brain
>Batman: The Animated Series

Thirded.

Pete and Pete PERFECTLY captures the vibe of the 90s.

If you've never heard of it before go to youtube and check our Artie's bits on Pete and Pete. I always lol every second Artie is on screen.

And the best episode is, A Hard Day's Pete. Little Pete is always trying to find odd radio stations late at night (at night they crank their signal power much higher, or at least they used to so you could always find odd stations from several states or sometimes even the next country over). He hears the best song he's ever heard but he has no idea what it is.... He tries to find that station again and never can. So little Pete forms a band with the express reason of recreating his favorite song.

It's quintessentially perfect 90s bit of cinema. It really brings me back to the mystique of the 90s, we were technologically advanced but there was much more mystery and wonder to the world.

It was also the first moment Danny Tamberellia picked up a bass, he's been a rock musician ever since. That episode was his start, they let him keep the bass.

90s started to suck after 1997
t. Oldfag

Just rewatched some of the first episodes today and it was amazing. It's a shame how they ruined their legacy later on

Feel ya

Amen to that brother. And really our whole culture was transitioning into a much shittier place by 98-99-00.

I remember distinctly that around 98 Mtv made a shocking transition. Prior to 98, Mtv played rap music in 2 different 1 hour blocks, the rest of the time they played alternative, rock, and metal.

In 98, Mtv made the transition to be about 50% rock/50% rap (with a bit of pop in there). Pop songs, which used to be rock-based, now become hiphop based. This is when the whole wigger scene became a big thing. There was always one or two of them per surburban school, now there was like 25% wiggers.

By 99' Mtv became almost entirely rap and reality tv. I think rock music got about 1 hour of airtime a day late at night.

At about 99' rock music transitioned into whiny emasculated punk, rap/rock, and atonal shouting metal. Rock music got castrated in 99'.

Also note that our warmongering surveillance state was born in 01.

The world became a much darker place.

/rant

I agree.

I swear its the internet that has made everything shit and its not the same as how its always been that way of oldfags talking shit about new stuff. The internet is a paradigm shift in shittiness.

Everything is available for free/being stolen

This has made all independent media (music, tv, movies) art non-existent in the same way as it was back then.

The only shit that becomes part of popular culture is stuff that has been pushed by conglomerates. Theres probably more music and shit being made today but the wherewithal to actually REALLY work on that craft simply doesn't exist, so you have all indie music just being washes of mushy reverby lazy drums cookie cutter shit, demographic target paint by numbers capeshit movies

everything is phony

disconnecting from the internet for 6 months is stranger than dropping LSD these days

I think 1998 is kind of the clear demarcation line of western popular culture being generally good, to it being generally worthless shit.

There was all the rap dogshit being pushed, but the rock was all stuff like Mudvayne and numetal buttrock stuff. Real World playing all day, no more stuff like Beavis and Butthead or Aeon Flux

If you look at the most popular movies of the 1990s, they were mostly movies that kind of came out of nowhere.

Your initials aren't KIR are they? You sound exactly like my fucking brother and he's with me 100% on this. I even would have used the examples of Aeon Flux and Beavis and Butthead.

Whoever you are, goddamn, you understand....

Anything that pointed out the decade you were currently in

It's the 60s man
It's the 70s man
It's the 80s man
It's like the 90s get with it. Whatever. Not
Come on It's 2015
Come on It's 2016
Come on it's 2017

Anyone know where this gif is from?

What a fucking cliche you guys arr

Rap metal was the worst thing to come out in the late 90s. I'm glad it died in 2002.

I'm glad Limp Bizkit is remembered as the joke they always should have been.

>9/11 happened because MTV stopped playing rock music videos

Another oldfag here, can confirm

The 90s began to suck after about 1996, due to a myriad of factors. 1995 was the last good year to be alive.

I stopped reading comic books in 95 because the writing and art became really shitty and there were crossovers every 3 months. I also hated gimmick covers.

Like I believe anyone here was anything but a toddler or sperm in the 90s.

Seinfeld is the 90s.

Nigger I was in my 20s in the 90s, you get the fuck off my lawn.

1982 baby reporting in.

Bottom

1980 babby reporting in

Roseanne.

I don't see you disproving him.

Class of 91, here.

beavis and butthead.

Accurate. thats when things started to get XTREME and garbage like limp bizquit (or however the fuck you spell it) came alone.

T. Class of 98

Daria t b h

>regular or menthol?
youtube.com/watch?v=FMJPwRWaZBI

All those VHS tape skateboard mags that were a big deal when some of your buddies got ahold of one, atleast here in yurop.

ER
X-Files
Buffy obviously
90210 I know yeah but was quite big
QUANTUM FUCKING LEAP hello??

this kino is the 90's uncut

youtube.com/watch?v=_4vfA4nk7V4

Babylon 5.

X-files
Walker Texas Ranger
Xena
Ren and Stimpy