I just finished gravity falls

The finale was dissapointing , how come?

Other urls found in this thread:

pre10.deviantart.net/81fe/th/pre/f/2014/307/6/c/stae_by_demitasse_lover-d85568u.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I thought it was pretty good.

It was rushed because of the cancellation.

I honestly don't hate the finale. It could have been better though. He should have made a third season.

I never followed the fanbase, never visited /gfg/ and watched the show by myself. I thought it was very amusing, I enjoyed the finale and thought it was pretty good too.

It wasn't cancelled, Alex Hirsch himself decided to end it.

>tfw Wendy was the "bike" among the teens
>tfw when not a teen in gravity falls

Yes it was

It was rushed because Alex wanted to stop working on the show because he didn't like the stress that the working on the show with Disney at the reins.

His original plans were three seasons.
His renewed plans after the midseason finale of Season One were two seasons and a TV movie.
His final plans were two seasons.

Imagine what could have been.

Why would anyone cancel such a hit show? Only reason i could think of is that Alex was a pain in the ass to work with

No, it wasn't.

I think that he wouldn't have been as burnt out if disney had ordered 13 episode seasons

How Gravity Falls Should Have Ended
>Bill is defeated in same way
>Stan gets memories back the same way
>Wendy gives Dipper the envelope
>says, "open it the next time, you miss Gravity Falls"
>Dipper looks up into Wendy's eyes
>Wendy starts to walk away
>Dipper's face turns angry
>"Wendy, aren't you going to kiss me?"
>Wendy looks down
>says no, why would I do that
>We just defeated an interdimensional reality shifter and nearly died in the process. The least you could do is give me a kiss.
>Wendy embarrassed
>Wendy says, "Dipper we've been over this already. It won't work out between us."
>Dipper's anger is visible now.
>Okay, WTF is in the envelope anyway?
>Tears open envelope
>"oh look it's a fucking card signed by everyone saying "we'll see you next summer"
the least you could fucking do is give me a fucking pic of your tits or ass.
>Dipper rips the card in half takes off his pants and pisses on the pieces
>"I fucking saved this shitty town and nearly died in the fucking process. and all you do is give me this shit. FUCK GRAVITY FALLS, FUCK THE JOURNALS, AND FUCK YOU WENDY.
>Walks onto bus while giving everyone the double deuce.

Maybe, but I think more of the stress came from being a showrunner in general. It ended up being more daunting than implied.

Lik, Alex broke up with his hot girlfriend because the show was taking up too much of his time. And that's terrible.

wow what an edgelord
next you'll be saying dipper should come back the next summer wearing a fedora and trenchcoat talking about how god doesn't exist

Bill shouldn't have died. Bill should have been captured in some kind of cage

Bumperoni

Bill should have been trapped in Romance Academy 8 where Giffany claims him as her husbando, which is torture for Bill because Bill doesn't have any understanding of love.

He shouldn't have died because Stanley's mind erasel plan failed since he regained his memories so easily.

Didney wanted the series to have an ebin le hype ending so they could advertise the finale for weeks while airing reruns. In order make it as hype as possible they added shit like giant robots and stupid references.

I respect Hirsh as a person but hate him for his political beliefs. He thinks Trump is a douche

all you have to do is say Hilary sucks and he'll ban you from his twitter page

Even if you tell him that both Hilary and Donald Trump suck equally, he'll still ban you.

Which is incredibly strange, because most of the series was episodic.

You could have cut out a lot or directly integrated it with the story.

Like 60% of season one, really

Because the show was expensive and alex was a dick. The show was canceled senpai, he's just covering his ass because he doesn't want to seem like that much of a cuck

Riddle me this chucklefuck: Why the fuck would Disney just cancel one of their most watched cartoons that has the best ratings?

Has anyone ordered the journal 3 on amazon?

SEASON 3 AND A MOVIE

Disney XD kills all.

he tried to do to much at once. he had a huge hand in the writing, producing, designing, voicing all at once. no surprise he burned himself out.

Was Dipper smiling in this pic?

pre10.deviantart.net/81fe/th/pre/f/2014/307/6/c/stae_by_demitasse_lover-d85568u.jpg

I think it was half fatigue and half Alex being worried that they'd shitcan his show after season 2. Not that there was any real reason to think they would, but I think the uncertainty got to him with all the stress he was under.

Citation needed. If you will.

too much to explain in a single episode. unfortunately a lot was left unexplained and some stuff doesnt make sense. however everything else about the finale was good (except stan getting his memory back)

Did you like the way the writers wrote Dipper as a character?

Was Dipper hypnotized by the TV toward the end of "Candy Monster"? It seemed out-of-character for Dipper to be that easily distracted.

The only problem I had with the finale was Stan in general. He honestly felt out of character in some scenes.
He seemed too unsure of how the characters were preparing to fight Bill , even though he's familiar to the witchcraft of Gravity Falls.
He also pretty much sabotaged one of the sure ways to defeat Bill over bickering with his brother. While yeah, he does defeat Bill in the end, I think there could've been better ways to unintentionally have the cipher wheel not work.
Otherwise, it was a solid finale.

Honestly I'd say the entire show was pretty fantastic. I'd definitely put it in my top 10 cartoons of the 10's, maybe even top 5 (unless we get a ton more kickass ones from now till 2020).

The only parts of the show I have to criticize are most of the episodes between ToTS and the finale. The Stanchurian candidate was pretty good, but I felt like most the others were eh. The other criticism is that a lot of the community is cancerous, but not much you can do to change that.

I think the show would have been a lot better with three seasons, and with that it almost certainly would have been top 5 for me. Other than that though, I don't think there's much to criticize.

It was rushed. After the series set up so much they ended up boiling Bill down to a villain who wanted to sit on a throne and rule. Instead of being some sort of incomprehensible nightmare, Weirdmageddon turned out to just be everything in ruins with some flying ears and giant feet all over the place. Bills Henchminions literally did almost nothing except for get their collective asses kicked by a shack in under minute. And to top it all off, more time could have been spent playing with Weirdmageddon if an entire episode wasn't dedicated to getting Mabel out of Mabel-land. You'd think they could just tell her "Oh yeah, it's great for us in here but everyone else you care about if suffering horribly outside so we should probably go."

>He also pretty much sabotaged one of the sure ways to defeat Bill over bickering with his brother.
Man, I legit feel bad for the other characters in that part. Like imagine that it turns out you have some sort of destiny to help fulfill a prophecy and banish evil and then it gets ruined cause two old guys couldn't be mature for one minute. Like yeah, the important thing is that Bill was still stopped but that would have been the most important thing you'd ever done in your life and it turned out to be pointless.

Of all the things the show did right you found something to go complain about on the internet instead of talking about the good stuff, you'll fit in here

>His renewed plans after the midseason finale of Season One were two seasons and a TV movie.
>His final plans were two seasons.

then why the fuck did he waste time making filler "treehouse of horror" episodes, no one asked for them`

Hirsch pussied out of the consequences.

you will never, EVER get laid

>Stan in general. He honestly felt out of character in some scenes.
His cuntiness was hella forced just so there could be a final showdown between him and Ford and an equivalent redemption. That stuck out the worst, the rest of the problems I've forgotten already.

> I invested SERIOUS EMOTIONAL ENERGY into this, I'm owed better

It was OK

>How Gravity Falls Should Have Ended
>>Bill is defeated in same way
>>Stan gets memories back the same way
>>Wendy gives Dipper the envelope
>>says, "open it the next time, you miss Gravity Falls"
>He opens i after Credits roll
>It's says: It's not over Pine Tree and has dollar bill inside.

Was the Bill Statue ever found?

It isn't real, idiot.

Y-you too..!

Holy fucking shit, people are still on about this?
Oh my god

Gravity Falls attracted a lot of younger/autistic kids and teenagers as well as young adults that live with mommy/daddy and have no real life experience or understanding of how Alex did the show. The cartoon world was full of mysteries and secrets, so they immediately equate a creepy/eerie picture of a Bill statue into "Wow Alex is doing an augmented reality game to make the mystery come to life!"
Instead of just
He did it for juxtaposition to show the creepy reality of if Bill was real and not a cartoon character to show mystery and intrigue.

why
do people think TV shows that take place in the woods or something are actually happening in the woods too
do they go to the woods and look for the people filming the show

I just dont get who could be that fucking stupid. Some of these people were actually calling the fucking locations and rambling about the statue to, those people thought the people calling were fucking lunatics.

>Yeah, hi... Uh
>I watch this cartoon on Disney... and like... It's a mystery show for kids... Well, more for all ages actually... But its a kids show at heart... Anyways... Well it showed a plastic statue... Of the main villain character... Like... Is it on your property? We're trying to find it...

>Uh.

I mean I dunno I think some shows/movies have done shit like that in the past. haven't heard of a kid's cartoon doing it but it's not outside the realm of possibility

but then I never actually cared about or looked into the whole statue shit because I live nowhere near there so whatever; I am pretty out of the loop of this

He probably was. Although the same could be said for the monster and Mabel. In addition, I agree that it was OOC for Dipper.

Bump

stan didn't lose himself, and we got a gay deus ex to revive him, it would have been better if ford decided to spend the rest of his days trying to get his brother back will stan has to find a new life

>Bill shouldn't have died.

Agreed. think of all the traumatized children this created.

The show was very stressful for everyone and took a lot of energy to make because it was very ambitious and everyone involved just ran out of energy.

because Alex stopped giving a shit after Ford's reveal.

I'd say most of my enjoyment during s2 was not the show itself, but the time spent with the fandom and all the fan content produced.

Alex became horrified and disgusted at the female fans as well as Pinecestfags and lost all hope in humanity.

Did you pre-order?

Months ago. And I just finished my third time watching the entire series.

it released early and you can buy it on ebay

Really?

I always thought Mabel was an insufferable, over-entitled bitch who whined and cried when she didn't get her way. The only reason people defend her is because that show is almost devoid of waifus.

>that show is almost devoid of waifus.

nah

I quite like that.

should have ended this way

only one thing could have made this show work

it was sent to DXD to die

other cartoons came along and stole its thunder. plebs will SU, people with knowledge of animation will say SvTFOE or TLH

>that spoiler
Well, at least you did the responsible thing by hiding the shit opinion yourself.

>Cancer House
Auto-disregarded

>Company wars
You people are the reason why Sup Forums is the worst board

Pretty sure there'd be others reasons user.

There wasn't any company wars involved in that at all.

good morning

funny isnt it?

everyone was saying that loud house would be a rip off of gravity falls characters, and star would have no lore, but now star has a better lore and loud house has better characters than manlet falls

Do you even like TLH or are you one of those anti-TLH trolls trying to get the board to ban it?

I like both shows but SvtFoE lore isn't great and TLH characters are as shallow as a dried-up puddle.

0/10, seriously it's like an instant identifier of trash not worth listening to.

>not liking Mabel
Reported.

You make it sound like plenty of people dont rightfully think she's shit.

Mabel hate here is a little meme-y at this point though I think even a lot of Mabel fans feel they dropped the ball with her at the end a little bit.

Not really, i'd say most of it is warranted. Come on user if you've been in the threads for any length of time this shit has been discussed to death.

No I get it, I've been around since the show started, I remember Sup Forums loved her at first but then they (the writers) failed to have her learn to be less selfish and change despite signs that she might for example in Sock Opera. I think what really happened is a combination of not wanting to criticize her for some odd reason plus also losing interest in her, the focus was instead on Dipper, Stan, to a lesser extent and not well Ford.

In The Last Mabelcorn legitimate criticisms of her character comes up, like wanted to be seen as good which isn't really good, they torpedo those criticisms which does the character a disservice, in in a comedy those flaws are what make a character interesting as is working to overcome them.

Flaws can make any character interesting, perfection is hard to make for anything interesting unless in itself is the part of the joke. Thing is Mabel not only showed little signs of overcoming her weaknesses or flaws but seemed uninterested in ever admitting or showing she had any consciously. Not just from a writing perspective but character wise she never tried to own up to any of it, toward the end especially. You may have gotten a few "i'm sorry for x" but this sometimes went on to be repeated or was something totally ineffectual she never really payed for.

The writers chose for some reason to say her flaws weren't really flaws and not confront the real issues in her character, so it was like she "didn't have anything to apologize for" while Dipper had to apologize for everything. But I think this paradoxically because the writers were more invested in Dipper, it was not the co-protagonist situation many people thought it was or hoped it was.

>also losing interest in her, the focus was instead on Dipper
I honestly think it boils down to this. When the show shifted gears to focus more on mystery and the overarching plot, the writers had trouble knowing how to handle a character who is difficult to adapt to such a narrative. I think a lot of the complaints people here have could've been solved if she were just a bit more involved with everything that was going on, instead of giving her little b-plots of varying relevance to preoccupy her while Dipper tackled over half of the important things on his own.

Other people have suggested that maybe she could be fascinated by creatures like unicorns, fairies, and other cryptids and want to tag along on mysteries or even have her own adventures because of this and I think that would have worked better and worked with her character.

It still hurts.

I know, user. I know.

>Co-opting Starco Imagery to make a nonsensical ship feel better

just a reference by people who like both the ships, chill

I just realized that Robin/Rule 63 Robbie is literally Lord Dominator

Is this somebody's real room or is there a program that makes a regular room look like that

What shows like this have a better ending?