RWBY volume 4

In honor of the new season, I wish to show you the reactions of the RTX goers to the trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=MgqmmM_5hOo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EMv6EnW7BS0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looks like RT has cleaned up all of the Volume 4 leaks.

Hooray for foresight.
youtube.com/watch?v=EMv6EnW7BS0

So awkward, but the trailer/clip/teaser looks awesome.

I bet the blonde is...uh... they should really give the blonde...um...

She had her hand cut off.

Yeah, the switch to Maya was long over due. Maybe there can be some real animation work done now.

>Implying armless Yang isn't the best

I'm really digging the new models though

>absolute territory
past sins are forgiven

I can't think of a joke because I'm stumped! Ha!

Still got it.

AND finally a snapshot of JNR.

>Jaune's actually looking more like Tai
What did they mean by this?

Ruby gonna get ARCed.

Agreed, Maya is paying off quite nicely.

I kinda doubt it, myself.

>ZT
>Noticable Bust

Our little Rube is growing up.

Harambe?

Why does anyone care? RWBY is objectively shit.

It's slowly, slowly getting better

something something here's your (you)

I agree, it's fucking awful, but credit where credit is due, the redesigns look pretty good.

That may be true for the first few volumes, but it's swiftly getting better. You'd have to be daft to deny the jump in quality that's happening.

Let us be happy, eh?

this

>Maya

Not using the superior Blender program.

>Jaune wearing the same hoodie/armor he had before
What the hell RT?

Nobody cares it's shit.

No. I can't rest while people enjoy a shitty thing.

While that does look nice, enough technical know-how can generate similar effects in Maya.

Hope you enjoy insomnia, then.

You know, maybe the reason i'm such a big fan of RWBY is the fact that it's literally the best original Property to come out in a long fucking time.
>inb4 RWBY isn't original
It's fucking better than the endless stream of remakes, adaptations, and general shit that has taken over just about every form of media.

I think it's because it's just a thing that does cool things for the sake of doing cool things. No bullshit, it's just telling it's story and having a good time doing so.

That too

Because Ruby is the perfect mix of cute and pure sex.

SILVER EYES!

I think it's also worth mentioning that because it's an original Property, I actually don't know what will happen next.
I mean sure you can speculate that x event will happen at some point, but back in volume 3, all my predictions for "what would happen next" (other than obvious shit like 'the fall of Beacon') pretty much got blown the fuck out.
I feel the same way when I watch Game of Thrones, except there are no people throwing around book spoilers everywhere cause there is no book.
Hell, i'm only now starting to like GOT again since it's gotten to the point where there are no more book spoilers and everything is basically new.

Thanks to you guys i knew to mute the video before watching

Not looking forward to the new season to be honest. RWBY was never very well written in the first place, but it made up for it in actually being fun. Now that they are moving away from that towards a drama, I don't think it'll actually hold up all that well.

I'm honestly excited for the new season. RWBY has come a long way from how it started. I think monty would be proud.

I am genuinely shocked to see people excited by the prospect of more sharingan bullshit. Easily the weakest part of the season three finale.

I love sensible shoes Barb

>people still care about this garbage

The fan community is pretty dedicated, we don't care if it's flawed. It's fun.

translation:

>i'll keep eating garbage as long as it has waifus i can make lewd fanfics about in General #787894

I can think of worse shows than RWBY.

Pic related. It's a worse show in my opinion.

Translation:

> I've never enjoyed something in spite of it's flaws, and therefore have zero credibility discussing this subject.

I'm capable of enjoying something despite its flaws if those flaws don't outrageously outweigh the good parts, which isn't true for rwby.

That mate, is a matter of opinion. The core problems with the series were it's lack of central storyline and sketchy animations outside of action scenes.

Everything else was pretty much fine, the characters need more development, and the core storyline needs to be fleshed out, but what characters there are were varied, enjoyable and at times interesting, and the world of Remnant is beautiful.

If you're just going to let the problems blind you to it's merits, that's fine by me, just don't keep coming into RWBY threads and bitching about it. It's a waste of time, we're going to enjoy our "garbage" one way or another.

So, for the sake of discussion, what do people hope will happen in Volume 4? For me, I want some actual character development for Ruby, Ren and Nora, and for Ruby to not be entirely useless for once.

Is the game Grimm Eclipse worth getting? Today's the last day you get get it at $9.99 before the update shoots it up to $25. Just how much content are we getting for them to justify the price raise?

its fun and your getting 60% off for a technically new game.

go back to Sup Forums you fucking fool

Well more fights as always, though I for one wouldn't mind a slowed down pace. Maybe an episode or two all about Yang. Some RNJR bonding. I guess the biggest thing i would want is that in the final episodes RWBY gets back together and does an awesome kickass scene.

Also i would like to see alot of back story and development from JN_R, especially Jaune we have been sitting on his uber Semblance long enough.

and...um... an epilogue showing that Pyrrha is still alive being corrupted by Salem.

Tbh, I actually wouldn't mind if RWBY stayed more or less split up until the end of Volume 5, or at least halfway through Volume 5, as I believe there's a lot of potential for RWBY's characters to become more fleshed out and developed. As for JN_R, I honestly think that they should focus more on Nora and Ren than Jaune; we know next to nothing about them and I would personally like to know more about their pasts.

I would also save the reveal of Pyrhha being back until Volume 7/8. Of course, knowing M&K, non of this is going to happen and their going to more or less skip over the character building and have it being implied rather than shown.

>RWBY stayed more or less split up until the end of Volume 5, or at least halfway through Volume 5

That's way too long, in volume 4 most will already be chomping at the bit to see them get back together. And the season will have it's focus so split it will be hard to build on anything. No they need to start moving toward reuniting immediatly, paired off by the midseason and together for the final.

Though for the sake of compromise i will say it will be fine as long as they are paired up by season end.

>I honestly think that they should focus more on Nora and Ren than Jaune

I would be happy with that

>In VolUme 4 most will already be chomping at the bit for them to reunite
If you're talijg about the fans, it's probably because they don't watch too many other shows / anime. But it's a fair point nonetheless

Honestly I would rather see them pair up as buildup to a full reunification.

I read a lot of webcomics and it can be pretty infuriating when the author wants to draw things out "realistically" Octopus Pie was the worst.

Honestly, Pyrrha coming back would be deal breaker for me. Bringing her character back to life would wile out the weight of any losses in the show.

Its not back to life if she never died.

season 3 was shit.
This won't be any better.
Just more generic anime cliches.

Yeah, I'd be pretty pissed if they tried explaining that she never died after being vaporized. I believe M&K did that specifically to erase any doubt that she was alive or not, as opposed to just having the arrow shot through her heart.

>No. I can't rest while people enjoy a shitty thing.

Then why haven't you killed yourself yet?

Never heard of Octupus Pie. How long did the author drag it out for?

I think most reasonable people would be pissed if M&K Brough her back so soon.

In my opinion, brining her back would be just as absurd as Yang's dismembered arm crawling up to the door of the house, knocking, and leaping back onto her body while "My Heart will Go On" played in the background. There are very few cases where things like that should happen, but this show is not one of them.

>Honestly, Pyrrha coming back would be deal breaker for me. Bringing her character back to life would wile out the weight of any losses in the show.

No it's not.
Even if she came back within the first 30 seconds of volume 4, you'd still keep watching and you know it. Everyone would.
Because nobody who gets into this show is a fan because they give a shit about the plot, no matter how much they try to convince themselves otherwise. They're here for the fighting and the waifus, not Final Fantasy fan-fiction gone too far.

>I believe M&K did that specifically to erase any doubt that she was alive or not, as opposed to just having the arrow shot through her heart.

No, they did that because it's what Monty wanted.
If anything, the original death Monty had envisioned had Pyrrha turned into black ash with a nuclear shadow and all that jazz.
M&K changed it to magical pixie dust sparkles.
If they really wanted to erase any doubt that she was alive, they'd just confirm that the bitch is dead instead of constantly dodging the question whenever it's brought up with "Just watch the show.". They won't erase any doubt, because they want people to doubt, as it allows them an out to bring her back later if they want to.
Even if they don't plan on bringing her back right now, they'll still want the option to do so later if they change their mind. They aren't stupid, they know how to cover up potential character revivals. They've been doing it in RvB for years now.

In all honesty, I don't care if they systematically undo everything done in the first three volumes as a sort of soft-reboot of the series, now that they're no longer bound to fickle whims of that hack Monty Oum, maybe they can turn the story into something presentable and make me eat my words about my previous "Only here for the fighting and waifus" comment.

>Even if she came back within the first 30 seconds of volume 4, you'd still keep watching and you know it. Everyone would.
No I wouldnt, that would be reaching well betons my tolerance for watching pure shit.

>Because nobody who gets into this show is a fan because they give a shit about the plot, no matter how much they try to convince themselves otherwise. They're here for the fighting and the waifus, not Final Fantasy fan-fiction gone too far.
Not everyone is obsessed with imaginary women. The world is neat, and the story is just interesting enough to keep me watching. That interest would quickly end in case of resurrection bullshit.

>That interest would quickly end in case of resurrection bullshit.

Well get used to it. Even if they don't bring her back, they're bound to bring back others.
They literally spell it out if you read between the lines of the song Sacrifice. Putting plot important shit and foreshadowing in the music wasn't a good idea.

The entire series follows to girls who broke up, and the whole time they keep doing this "Missed by that much" thing that was so infuriating.

No, that got rid of the body, the best way to make sure someone is dead in a show is show them keel over with dead eyes staring you right in the face. Then a funeral.

That sounds annoying as shit. But I wasn't saying they should remain sprayed for the majority of the rest of the series. I was just saying that maybe they should be separated for a bit longer than one volume so the pay off is a bit more sweeter.

The Hype would be to great. Like a bandaid or boot camp, best to get it over with as quickly as possible

I don't really care about Ruby and Blake, but I'm really looking forward to the Weiss and Yang plots, especially Yang's. There is a lot of potencial for some quality character development there.

I just hope that they don't shine the spotlight on Ruby or RNJR too much (a 40/20/15/25 split for RWBY would be nice enough) and that they make Yang appropriately depressed instead of annoyingly angsty/edgy/kicking away anyone who shows concern.

But user, you misunderstand, the only reason I'm going to try volume 4 is because that bitch is dead, I always hated her.

No she lives on in our hearts...and Ruby's lungs.

man that's some hardcore projecting. I watch RWBY for the fights, but there's only so much shit I can take from the plot. I have no problem dropping the show completely if they remove the tension from fights by confirming resurrection/no death.

So is Yang now Master Miller?

I was at RTX this year and saw a lot of RWBY cosplay and hype so I decided to finally give in and watch it.
Is this seriously what all the hype is about? This is just kinda bad, and not in a funny way either. I'm on episode 3, does it get any better.

Salem did play them like a godamn fiddle

shes Punished Yang: a disarmed huntress.

So what ever happened to that dog?

NO, now fuck off and die.

What's his name?

Slowly, overtime. Biggest improvement is the voice acting.

Yes, it does get better. But there's new ways it disappoints, too. Ultimately, if the first fight scene didn't grab you, then it's probably not worth the time investment.

Chuuni fight scenes are pretty much the only thing. There are waifus, but there are better waifus out there in better stories.

It's interesting how this new outfit is way more sobre than her past ones. Her attitude seem to really have a change. She doesn't flaunt her image anymore.

Yep. Chibi is a giant step up from the edgefedt main show turned into. I'll live happy in the chibiverse every summer from now on and pretending the edgy mockery doesn't exist.

To me it got a lot better. I find it's following a similar progression that Star War: The Clone Wars did. Volume 1 was a bit tough to get through, Volume 2 was better but not quite there, and Volume 3 seemed to be an improvement in just about everything and has me more engrossed in the story.

>Still Butthurt that Phyrra was turned to ash.

RIP waifu Roman

They have to. Otherwise Pyrrha's death would be absolutely pointless.

Jaune 'Discount rates for Apartheid States' Arc

I just wanna know. Yang is fighting with both arms in that game. Any chances the update let us use JNPR characters including Pyrrha?

Never underestimate the power of waifus, no matter how mediocre they are.

To be honest, that sounds hilarious. Maybe a dream sequence?