I think I have worked out why I love this comic so much

I think I have worked out why I love this comic so much.

The writer could easily have made it about gender and gotten those sweet tumblr dollars but he resisted the temptation and it's a better criticism for it.

She is the worst character willis ever made
>inb4 becky
Yes becky is annoying but not as bad as >muh starfire

She's the worst character in Shortpacked, at least.
But she hasn't shown up in Dumbing of Age yet, thankfully.

This is why comics should be aimed to children instead to manchildren.

When writers are trying to look "adults" is when they trully end up doing really stupid juvenile things, like femme fatales, slutty heroines with no personality, feminazis and just plain edgy shit.

What red hood and the outlaws was writen by lobdel and Starfire was created by wolfman and Perez

Who the fuck is willis

I dident even mind the idea of a really detatched character myself but did they really need to fuck up Starfire to do it.

Also yes go for children again it seems like the only things aimed at children are the really stupid juivinile shit now.

The Writer is ALL about getting tumblr dollars so your compliment doesn't really follow.
And their idea that they'd get the cartoon audience didn't follow since there was already a comic equivalent of the cartoon. Lucy probably didn't read that.

The comic is by willis

I thought she had or is going to

But the Teen Titans cartoon DID get a comic. It was called Teen Titans Go (before the sequel series) and ran about 50 issues.

The real problem is just that kids don't read comics anymore, so Marvel and DC cater to older fans instead. Their allowance doesn't afford as many comics now as they did before.

Unknown, but if that becomes the case then everything is ruined.

Yeah just checked she is malayas roommate and showed up about a year ago. Thank fuck becky has kept all the attention of her or else we might have had more lucy

Well, Malaya or whatever is also essentially a dead character, so there's still some hope.

But yeah, fuck Becky and fuck Lucy.

>The Writer is ALL about getting tumblr dollars so your compliment doesn't really follow.
Oh really that's disappointing to hear I was going to check out the rest of the comic
Still some small part of me still enjoys questionable content on some small level sometimes so I will give this a chance
>The comic is by willis
Ah I see

Is dumbing of age the comic that had that stupid attempted suicide trigger warning.
I always get a chuckle out of the fact that happened less then a month after fucking my little pony of all things had a character attempt suicide

That's the o- wait what
what the fuck happened in ponyta

a character attempted suicide because there only friend was driven away by the paranoia of the main character
They never outright state it of course but it's pretty clear.

This seems alright so far is this one of those webcomic artist goes deep into social justice after a while things

she just threw it away and never read another one?
>girls: bad at understanding how comics work

Red hood and the outlaws was the only time I have ever dropped a comic after 1 issue.

I'm more interested in how he can survive the cold myself Batman is known to hold his breath for long periods of time

Although I suppose I would never have abandoned the whole company it's not that much of a stretch though

I disagree

Heh
I'm looking forward to watching the mighty fall

In shortpacked, Lucy was basically an incidental character Willis tried to turn into a major character, like Leslie. She was basically going to be Amber's replacement.

Somewhere along the line, she became the new Amazi-Girl once Amber got her shit together, left the toy store and had a daughter. And then the universe reset and we got DoA.

This might be the start of the fall but it's to early to tell depends on how much the comic wanks her opinions

Oops meant to quote

One claims the start of the fall of Shortpacked was when one of the characters literally pulled a "Drama" tag from an article of clothing, which ushered in a storyline regarding Amber's abuse at the hands of her father.

Looking at the early strips, its kind of weird that almost all the workers lived in the same apartment complex. Like Shortpacked had a company town situation going on.

I don't remember that much complaining.
Still he is right

This similar comic is pretty shit though

That was me and it was. He fell into the same trap B^Uckley did of believing he was qualified to write drama.

jesus fucking christ

So I have to wonder what Willis' stance on current Starfire would be. From her recent ongoing, she was effectively toon Starfire in a grown-up body, complete with weapons-grade naivete.

Ok based on this it looks like there going for more of a straight man thing then a soapbox this is good

the conclusion to this comic is not in line with the (albeit vacuous) arguments made. People who watch TV are not necessarily the same as those who purchase comic books. why does the author of the comic think these two demographics would have completely overlapping preferences or even evenly informed markets?

Block buster comic book films aren't watched by people who read comics, they're read by the average, complacent layman.

the criticisms portrayed in this comic aren't good, and maybe that's obvious and i just missed the hint.

Heh

I love that look of sudden comprehension
Would you agree it was a bad comic though