ITT: Oscar winners who you are disagree

Other urls found in this thread:

cinemablend.com/new/Two-Oscar-Voters-Admit-They-Didn-t-Watch-12-Years-Slave-Voted-It-Anyway-41981.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For the Revenant? Really?

I have to assume that was a pity Oscar after all the Oscars he deserved to win but didn't, like Wolf of Wall Street.

I mean, he didn't do awfully, but it wasn't a "This is the performance he deserves an Oscar for."

Just like Depahted for Scorsese

That's what i thought but then you have to remember the academy love meme performances where the actor goes crazy or to extreme lengths. the only thing they love more is black oscarbait where they literally vote without even watching the films.

You have to be aware that it's an Oscar for "Best Performance of that year", not his entire career.
They don't evaluate if that is the actors best role yet, but is it the best performance out of them all in that year.

In 2007, No Country for Old Men, There Will Be Blood and The Assassination of Jesse James all came out the same year.
Probably everyone from all 3 of those films deserve an Oscar, certainly more than Dicaprio in the fucking Revenant, but that's just not how it works.

Meryl Streep fro playing the same pathetic character in every film.
Christoph Waltz for playing cowboy Hans Landa in Django

>. the only thing they love more is black oscarbait where they literally vote without even watching the films.

when has this ever happened besides moonlight?

But it wasn't even the best performance in The Revenant

literally confirmed recently for 12 years a nigger

>Meryl Streep fro playing the same pathetic character in every film.
The fuck? Have you even SEEN a Meryl Streep film?

show me some proof.

The Sea Inside for best foreign film.

Downfall should've won. It's one of the best war movies ever made and people will watch Downfall for the next 100 years, while The Sea Inside is literally who?

academy members admitted to voting for 12 years a slave for best picture without even watching it because they felt obligated to do so.

im not even joking look it up.

cinemablend.com/new/Two-Oscar-Voters-Admit-They-Didn-t-Watch-12-Years-Slave-Voted-It-Anyway-41981.html

The others were in supporting roles, different category.
Who would you rather give the Oscar to that year then? Bryan Cranston in most forgettable Trumbo? Fucking Matt Damon in the Martian?

I think they're talking about how she's phoned it in for the last decade aside (aside from Doubt). It's like we were to forget the last 10 years of Robert DeNiro's career and pretend he's not just in it for the paychecks and adulation now.

Natalie Portman

wow. i heard of some shit with the animated oscars but this is straight up retarded. why do these people have jobs?

man what a coincidence he became a global warming propaganda machine at the same time

All this makes me think about now is how many voters did the same thing but would never admit to it. and how many times does it happen every time a black oscarbait film comes out.

disgusting practice. and the academy act superior to everyone else while they do shit like this.

Redmayne or Fassbender would have been superior choices. I think they just didn't want to give Redmayne an Oscar twice in a row.

because hollywood is liberal. what you got a problem with me not doing my job properly? you racist or something?

>Redmayne
oscarbait garbage im glad he lost
>Fassbender
as much as i like him he didn't really have much range

What about Fass in Macbeth?

>who you are disagree

He's probably east asian. t. knower

He's referencing a thread from earlier

How do you know?

>knower

based memearrow poster

I'm familiar with specifics of their languages.

>Fassbender doesn't have range
WHAT?

I took like 50mg of THC edibles before watching The Revenant and it fucked me up bretty good. It was all really intense and I was hyperfocused the whole time.

That actually does sound pretty good for that movie.

He didn't show much range of emotions in that film specifically.
Though Steve Jobs is kind of a one-dimensional person himself.

In other words, he played the role perfectly. Making him deserving of best actor.

>while The Sea Inside is literally who?

This is literally every best picture winner. Remember the Artist? Although to be fair, all the other nominees were literally who boring shit anyway.

Was Moonlight worth an Oscar?

I haven't seen it, but it seems like a blatant Oscar-bait movie. blacks + homosexuality = how could you lose?

Being truthful to the real life character doesn't mean it's automatically a great and remarkable performance.
What if someone made a movie about a real life boring generic janitor and the actor plays him perfectly?

I haven't seen it yet but I finally watched La La Land the other day and let me tell you, it had better be REALLY FUCKING GOOD to beat La La Land because that film was amazing on so many levels.

I'd have to see the movie to tell you the answer to that question.

I don't think it's worthy of Best Picture, but it's certainly a great film that deals with the subject in a sincere, "non propaganda" way.

Global warming is real you fucking retard.

please dont turn this into a degenerate Sup Forums thread

Daily reminder the Triple D Man Daniel Day Lewis got his second one for TWBB and is the only person in history ever to win 3.
BASED Lewis.

Fuck you Waltz deserved that

He's retired now so he'll get the fourth Oscar for his last role in the PTA fashion flick

PTA?

>Hitchock not winning any academy award
>Charles Chaplin not winning and academy award (honorary award doesn't count)
>Sergio Leone not winning any oscar
>David Fincher not winnin any oscar
>David Lynch not winning any oscar
>Scorsese not winning best directing in goodfellas or raging bull
>The Departed winning best piture in 2006
>Ennio Morricone not winning Cinema Paradiso, UOAT in america, UOAT in the West, Good bad and Ugly
>Forrest Gump best pic 1994
>American Beauty best pic 1999
>Fritz Lang not winning an academy award
>Clockwork Orange losing to French connection

What should have won best picture in 2006?

In your opinion, but the question is open to anyone.

Cars

kys if you think the other films deserved it more than American Beauty.

Crash

It was so badly melodramatic

paul thomas anderson