Captain, I'm detecting large quantities of shitposting in the gamma sector of Sup Forums...

Captain, I'm detecting large quantities of shitposting in the gamma sector of Sup Forums. Recommend we run a level 2 Star Trek thread immediately.

Other urls found in this thread:

darkhorizons.com/star-trek-discovery-adds-armor-ditches-rule/
youtube.com/watch?v=CNvHz-n5F5Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ATTENTION ALL BAJORAN WORKERS

WATCH IT SPOONHEAD

Make it so.

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

I am BEGGING you to have raw animalistic sex with me! A literal once in a lifetime chance to have at it with a Klingon experiencing Pon farr

What the fuck was his problem?

he was an autophile

RAPE COMMANDOS TO THE TRANSPORTER ROOM

>just finished watching all of TNG,DS9 and Voyager
>feel a bit lost at what to watch right now
>really dont want to watch enterpirse

feels bad man, do you think theres hope for the new series?

>Troi: "Captain I sense....something...I'm sorry, I cant be any more specific than that...."
>Picard: "Mmmm , thank you Counselor, your insights are enlightening as ever. Your input will be highly considered"

>Worf: "Captain! I have intercepted a communication from the Romulans that they plan to kill as many children as possible to start a war with the federation! The enemy ship is charging its disruptors, they are aimed at the ships school, I suggest that we raise shields and fire phasers immediately!"
>Picard: "Now now Mr. Worf, lets not be hasty. Perhaps disintegrating children is their way of trying to communicate. I want to see how this plays out.."

>too busy raping each other

I'm 100% correct, am I not?

watch the original

I dont think a post DS9/VOY is ever going to happen sadly

Its simply been too long and normies wont be able to follow it

Dude, there was, like 30 years between the end of TOS and TNG. It's never too late. We just need CBS to stop fuck-assing around and give someone with talent creative control of the series.

They were approaching godlike levels of tech by the end of DS9. Part of the reason I think they prefer reboots and prequels is to reset the tech level and keep things somewhat grounded.

best trek character, other than Garak.

simple
he got dubs

kek

So second best?

Have an apocalypse. Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda was the perfect blueprint for a great post-VOY Trek.

*blocks your path*

Babylon 5 > DS9

I'm finding it hard to disagree with most of these,

Greetings trekkies,
I am a TNG fan but it doesn't get much farther than that, what are the chances of this new wave of standalone trek series featuring a series about the tng crew 30 years later or whatever?

Hello there!
In response to your question, I'd say chances are pretty freaking good. This new wave of standalone trek series is most likely going to feature a series about the tng crew 30 or 40 years later for sure.

Now now Mr Dukat! Looking as smart and commanding as always! How can I help my favorite Cardassian commander today?

Perhaps the Crusporian Pancakes with a light Borian sauce? Or the crispy Jovian eclairs? They are particularly delicious this time of year! And a glass of kanar I know you Cardassians love your kanar!

>those time security officers from DS9/ENT go back to stop Janeway from what she did in the VOY finale
>she doesn't back down when they try and stop her and ends up setting off some technobabble bomb that kills lots of people, stops time travel from ever happening again (fuck those episodes), and destroys anything in the galaxy powered by a warp core
>federation collapses down to only a few members
>next enterprise goes out 50-100 years later and explores how other civilizations have rediscovered tech while attempting to restore political relations

I want to see the outtakes from that vid.

>Attention all Bajaran wor- wait, BajAran? lol, keep rolling
>i need something to do with my hands, get me a cup
>no the cup is weird, i feel like i wouldn't just be holding a cup, you know? get me a PADD

Friendly reminder that Duakt did nothing wrong.

>Dude, there was, like 30 years between the end of TOS and TNG

1986 - 1968 = 18.

Why are all trekthreads invaded by ds9fags

ds9 isnt trek, this is a tng thread, get the fuck out you fucking pieces of shit

i want to sniff 7 of 9s pusy!

Chow Yun Fat as Captain?

Violent Supercaptain when?

does anyone have that pic of Janeway's hairstyles throughout Voyager?

This. There would be virtually no plots left where one couldn't say "why don't they just use that technology from [x past episode]?", not to mention DS9 ended with the Romulans and Klingons on the path to ending their antagonistic and militaristic societies.

This seems like an orchestrated event

Not to mention that 3 major empires were nearly destroyed.

Captain, do you think I'm attractive?

thanks, user.

+1 upboated

>Shran and Weyoun enter a bar

What happens, tv?

Watch TOS, then watch Enterprise (it's not actually that bad).

Shran

looks

at

Weyoun

and

says

"sup bro"

(audience laughs)

I dont want a chinese captain.

Best captains are from England.

True dat. ds9 worst trek.

This is really sexist. Why do we focus so much on a woman's appearence? To be gender-equal we should also discuss Picard's different hairstyles.

There was a thread several weeks ago on how useless Troi was. It's true that she provided vague statements because if it had been specific there would be no plot.

This leads me to think how underrated the Betazoids are. Deanna is a halfie so it's understandable that her telepathic ability is not on par with her mother. Considering how her mother is able to sense what Picard, Riker and other aliens are thinking Federation probably mandates that one of the senior officers in every ship has to be a Betazoid. Think about how invaluable one of them would be when it comes negotiations of all types.

Did you just assume Janeway's gender identity? And also Picard's?

Wow, just wow.

Having a Betazoid or other telepath sure can be useful, but I don't think that the federation is authoritarian.

Internally they are. Externally there's a debate possible, but signs point to yes they are there too.

How is the federation authoritarian?

All the little boys want Troi. But the men... the men, my friends, they know where it's really at.

Let me try.

* Don't fucking pander to any ethnicity, star trek is supposed to be at the forefront of social progress, it's already been through the including minorities phase. (Though this obviously doesn't mean white-only cast)
* post - ds9
* Multiple POV chars. This is how things work now.

* One guy works at a federation starship, climbing the command chain. this is our starfleet pov, and a good opportunity for classic-feel filler episodes.

* second guy head of a piece-of-shit mining colony somewhere.

* earth pov, federation headquarters, works in the bureaucracy, idealistic youth learning about the gritty reality.

* MAJOR ARC: all the shit from TNG: Force of Nature comes to bear. Starfleet instituted the warp speed limit, but civilians and other races never followed it, not to mention even SF vessels could break it in "emergencies" which is half the time anyways. Spacetime is rupturing everywhere, named characters die, eventually the whole quadrant is trapped in non-warpable space. The shitty mining colony wasn't self-sufficient, erupts into chaos. SF personnel that were supposed to be on short tours are trapped away from home. generalized insubordination.
New technologies to detect ST cracks, and even to help "mend" spacetime, but there's not enough investment.
Eventually someone discovers a new warp geometry that's better then traditional geometries and doesn't break ST, but they can't get the information out (subspace is also affected by the tears).
climax is the delivery of the new warp drives to rest of the quadrant.

* obvious global warming analogy is obvious.

* also the enterprise J is butt-ugly

It's intuitively obvious to the most casual observer.

Someone always asks.

This list is pretty bullshit though.

"Night Terrors" is listed as bad despite being fucking K I N O

The episode where the homo Betazoid beams aboard a ship and goes "ABLOO BLOO IT'S MUH HOME NOW" and explodes is listed as "good" when it nearly put me into a boredom coma.

Just because star fleet follows a traditional military structure doesn't make the whole federation authoritarian.

Why exactly don't the Borg see the Federation as a threat after they destroyed a cube?

>Don't fucking pander to any ethnicity

Can you define 'pandering to an ethnicity'?

Should be easy for you to back it up, then.

if you kill your enemies, they win

I sorta believe the Borg Farm Theory. With more powerful civilizations, the Borg poke and prod. Get them to realize the Borg is a grave threat. This in turn makes these civilizations research and produce better tech. The Borg do not research. They farm. And its much smarter to wait until your produce is ripe before you pluck it.

>the inner light
>great

Every time.

darkhorizons.com/star-trek-discovery-adds-armor-ditches-rule/

>The upcoming “Star Trek: Discovery” is making two key changes to “Star Trek” lore and both of them are essentially for the better.

>The first is the ditching of Gene Roddenberry’s long-standing rule which has long frustrated many writers on the show – to avoid having Starfleet crew members in serious conflict with each other.

>In Roddenberry’s idyllic utopian future, the human race was in conflict with others but rarely with itself. Some ‘Trek’ cleverly worked around this rule (eg. alien possession). “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine” effectively ignored it by incorporating numerous alien and non-Starfleet characters into its main cast.

>The rule is being lifted altogether though from the upcoming “Star Trek: Discovery”.

I don't know why people have a hard time figuring that out. To me it seems intuitively obvious even to the most casual observer. The reason I won't tell people though is that I am enjoying watching them squirm entirely too much. It's probably bad for me.

Like SJWs care about Asians.

There's hasn't been an episode that discusses the governmental structure of the Federation in depth. We just know bits and pieces of it.

The fact that Section 31 being a secretive organization makes be believe that they're not highly authoritative. Then again..by being surrounded by Romulans, Klingon, Cardassians, Jem Hadar, and other unknown hostile species, I can't say that the Federation would have only-liberal policies.

I knew it was gonna be shit.

Where's Nemesis Janeway?

Eh, you got one reply, if that's a win for you then I guess you win.

>Leela is a lesbian

What the fuck?

This prospect arouses me...
Why not animate it and have sound-alikes? Animators wouldent need to do much since it is mostly sit-talk-chariter development.
Neelix best chariter, After re-watching it Voyager dose suffer some problems with chariter interactions and alot of fucking BORING ones and not knowing what to write for janeway half the time Neelix and The Doctor are my all out favs. got to applaud 7's actress portraying him in 'Body and Soul'.

Best Data episode for me so far? season two, frogot the name but he finds a little girls signal and her planet (Amung others in the system) Are fucking exploding, he littarly gose out of his way to even breaking the prime directive to save the kid. The alien kid looks like some red ridge-less clingon with long ass fingers.

youtube.com/watch?v=CNvHz-n5F5Q

>This video contains content from Fox, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

The End of DS9 was literally a manufacturing race that buried the quadrant in Mirandas and Galors. If anything, the average standard of the Starfleet vessel had regressed technologically by the war's end.

>the list is bullshit because you disagree with 5% of the rankings, even though you agree with the other 95%
Really makes me th--

Never mind, no more thinking.

that post's cast was too neat with each mandatory group.

I guess you just need to send out casting calls with no specified ethnicity and just select based on acting merit, you'll probably get a fairly good mix without being heavy-handed about it.

>Watch it, Sisko

The websites trumpeting this like some sort of amazing revelation are run by casuals who don't know jack shit about Star Trek.

The 4channers complaining about this like it's a sign of the franchise's demise are casuals who don't know jack shit about Star Trek.

This isn't news, they already did away with the "Roddenberry box" years ago.

>The tech is too advanced post-DS9!
hot tip: the tech isn't actually real. It's capabilities and weaknesses are literally whatever the writers want them to be.

Except going to the effort of emphasising them breaking the """"""""rule""""""""" just makes it sound like a teen drama set in the ST universe.

This. STD is going to be more of the same failed post-Roddenberry cancer that no one wants and is the reason the series is fucking dead.

The filmic franchise went back to TOS for a reason. Come back to Earth, Gene. We need you.

>It's a Riker gets kidnapped and tricked into thinking his entire life is a lie episode

WHY IS THERE MORE THAN ONE

Watch it, Dukat!

Was this episode meant to be a backdoor pilot for an Okona spin-off or something? I don't think I've ever seen a one-off character shilled so much.

I laughed so hard at this image. I can't even explain how much I laughed. I'm laughing right now. I can't stop laughing. Fucking funny as shit. Holy shit I cannot stop laughing at this.

It's just part of the marketing. They have to release minuscule and unimportant doses of information on a regular basis, and then hype them up to the extreme in order to keep the "geek culture" fanatics convinced that something BIG is coming and they can't miss it. When you act like this is a big deal then you're playing right into their hands.

Post Crusher.

>mfw I find a Trek thread

Why is she so perfect?