/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

[blasters firing and explosions] Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.htm

>Out This Week:
Han Solo #2
Poe Dameron #4

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.theforce.net/threads/star-wars-adventure-in-wild-space.50034615/page-5
hachettebookgroup.biz/search/publisher/?q=Disney Lucasfilm Press
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Old Rex = Nik Sant

Who /celebrationhype/ here?
I want to see more star wars vidya game footage, Rogue One, Rebels and maybe an Episode VIII teaser?

I realized I was gay for Obi-Wan when he wore sexy mango armor.

I'll buy it.

I have the full picture if you want it...

I wouldn't count on Episode VIII teaser or title. That'll probably come later this year. Rogue One will dominate here.

:^)

Yes please.

Don't want to get into trouble, so I'm putting it on /aco/ And, of course, I missed an arrow

Thanks, user. That pic was kinda SFW anyways.
No nipple = no ban.

Ah, yes, the American way. Not that I'm complaining

I wonder, what was the explanation in which there were no fleets protecting the Death Star? Were the operations of the Death Star strictly off the record?

>Nik Sant
>Saint Nick
>Old man with bushy white beard

Come on Lucas

Damn, too bad his blonde fuzz had to go to make this work.

>I've realized that so I'm trying my hand at writing a little bit of padawan shenanigans as well. Mostly Ganodi/Biph and some other Shaak Ti stuff.
Hey, me too!
...of course my choice of padawans is a bit more unconventional.

Is that an evil R2 unit?

>Is that an evil R2 unit?
Yes!
You're also looking at 6 of the very few characters in Star Wars who DON'T HAVE NAMES. (I know, I asked the writer of the episode and he dug out his scripts to check.)
So I'm making them up for the purposes of my story.

The Badawans, from the Sith Preparatory Academy on Mustafar, from Lego Yoda Chronicles episode 3!

Filoni said he desperately wants to make this retcon real but is still looking for approval from the Story Group.

What would actually prevent this from happening? It's not like Nik Sant was even noticeable.

Maybe Rex's own role in Rebels. We simply don't know what will become of him. He's certainly going to appear more in season 3 now that Ahsoka is gone and we don't know if they're going to kill him off.

Am I the only one that got angry when they didn't show an episode dedicated to Rex and Ahsoka simply doing some kind of adventure like the good old days?

so apparently Adventures in Wild Space is/was getting/got released in the US?

Because Tarkin got cocky and thought the Death Star couldn't be defeated by anything.

>Were the operations of the Death Star strictly off the record?
This too. Lost Stars even had people on the Death Star itself that didn't know what it did, until Alderaan happened.

Got a source for that?

>>Am I the only one that got angry when they didn't show an episode dedicated to Rex and Ahsoka simply doing some kind of adventure like the good old days?
Shit, I never thought about this. Now I'm angry.

>What would actually prevent this from happening?
Means they can't kill him in Rebels.
THey'll keep it up in the air until Rebels finishes its run and they know if Rex survives.

the only place i've seen it was in a post by a mod on TFN's Lit board

"FYI it seems Disney-Lucasfilm Press will be publishing this series in the US after all. They've produced the first two books (more like one and a half I guess?) as a bind up.

More info when I get it."

boards.theforce.net/threads/star-wars-adventure-in-wild-space.50034615/page-5

quick question, I want to buy the blurays of episode 1-6 and clone wars can anyone point me in the right direction it seems amazons has multiple versions for the movies

aha, found it

hachettebookgroup.biz/search/publisher/?q=Disney Lucasfilm Press

look at the release dates down the page. The Snare and The Nest are going to be released November 15

>Badawans
what...

it's a joke

Sheev called them Badawans. They're called that like 30 times in the episode, never Padawans.

(Of course if you bot back into the original Sith language, 'badawan' could be read as "inductees into misery.")
Not joking about that. I looked up word roots.

>yfw Vader killed them all

Shit, even the WOOK has a page about them

That's some pottery.

You sure? For all we know, a clone firing squad took care of them. It's not like Anakin had the time to go around the temple to kill every single youngling.

The point is that they were all killed.

I'm sure Byph survived.

bump I just want to watch them again

thepiratebay.org
Cheap as fuck.

>tfw Bioware and Drew Karpyshyn shat all over this with their shit novels and MMO and we will never know what Obsidian had in store for the series

I like having a collection though

And hilariously, the First Order made the exact same mistake.

The First Order's MO seems to be "do everything the Empire did, only less competently"

Even their super-special-raised-as-warriors stormtroopers are barely better than the all-recruit army of dorks that the Empire had.

We know at least one fair-size group of Padawans got smuggled out of the Temple during the purge. Clone Wars Adventures volume 9.

One of them was a young Padawan called... hmm... Nia.
(Interesting coincidence, that.)

It does?
I was always astonished that Wookiepedia doesn't have a page about the Badawans. Where did I miss it?

What is Rende thinking /swco/?

>Clone Wars Adventures volume 9.
Yeeeeah you know that's not canon, right?

We do know what Obsidian had in store for the series, read any of Chris Avellone's interviews. The Exile and Revan go off to the Unknown Regions to fight the truth Sith.

Badawans attending a mofference when?

>Kylo gets beaten by a girl who just learned she could use the Force like three days before
>Phasma gets through down a trash chute after giving up as soon as she was threatened
>Knights of Ren apparently all get OHKO'd by Luke

Is Snoke the only villain who can still save their reputation as a threat?

Pfft.

Is that like a parent-teacher conference?
Only with Tarkin?

>Hux killed the Republic.

>Is Snoke the only villain who can still save their reputation as a threat?
Probably not, since he's shitting his pants at the idea of Luke coming back.

Plus all of the First Order's other failures reflect poorly on him since, you know, he's in charge. Even if he turns out to be a super badass who can get shit done, it doesn't change the fact that he hired a bunch of idiots, wasted money on a shitty Ultra Death Star that was poorly managed, and his dark side seduction was only good enough to produce Captain Butthurt.

So yeah, he's just like the rest of the FO, take something from the Empire except make it dumber. Snoke is their less competent answer to Palpatine.

Implying that Snoke isn't purposefully fostering Kylo to be Captain Butthurt so he can puppet him towards his ends. I don't get the impression that Snoke actually gives a fuck about the First Order either. We don't know what he wants yet.

I don't have a lot of hope for the character but I'm willing to see how he plays out. We barely know him as of now and it seems like that's on purpose.

Hard to tell if he gets credit for that, since the New Republic was structured in a way that Hosnian Prime being blown out doesn't necessarily cause the entire government to collapse. We'll have to wait and see how badly this affects them.

Either way, the gigantic failure that is the Starkiller Base and its lack of defenses are his fault. Plus he keeps championing his dad's baby-napping stormtrooper programming which hasn't proven to be all that great, so he owns that failure too.

I'm going to laugh if it turns out he's just a fanboy like Kylo. Every night he goes to his chambers and cries to a statue of Palpatine going "teach me how to be like you, I'm gonna finish what you started senpai!"

I mean, they knew where they were going. The True Sith Empire.

*cracks back*
Well that's the end of a 6 hour photoshop session!

G'nght /swco/!

*cracks dick*
Well...

Who wouldn't cry at the feet of a giant golden Sheev.

A giant golden Luke?

Just kidding, he cried like a bitch when he was being electrocuted.

the material I've found so far is that axel braun parody
not to be picky, but she should have been more dominant to appear as the threat she was
Also killing the padawan to fuck the old guy was dumb writing
my villainess /ss/ needs will never be satisfied will they?

The only material so far*

>a giant golden statue of Sheev electrocuting Luke

He totally would commission something like that. A class act till the end Sheev.

Kylo was injured by Chewie's bowcaster. The fact that he still managed to fight Finn and Rey makes him a badass.

We don't know how the fight between Luke and the KoR will play out yet. He probably beats them, but they might be able to give him a hard challenge.

Hux killed more people than anyone else in the entire franchise. And even when he lost, he still survived, unlike Tarkin who got killed by his overconfidence.

Phasma is the only new villain who really is useless, but so was Boba Fett.

>Kylo gets beaten by a girl who just learned she could use the Force like three days before
To be fair she's a chosen one, probably the embodiment of justice and balance of the light side to strike back at the 1,000 years of the Sith crippling it.

Honestly? Truthfully?

She probably needs to be more OP.

Like accidentally make darksiders experience their flesh sloughing off in her presence.

What did you think was going to happen?

>day 3

>treating rumors as fact

Rumors that have been debunked, on top of that

Is that sith lady burger king?

I think they're supposed to be Sith Disney Princesses

"chosen" wait what?

So far we've only ever had one of those.

Now that this is canon, will we ever see Yoda fighting off monsters?

Dude... Episode 8 isn't out for another year and a half. Expect one next year.

>tfw you will never have a qt gf that cosplays star wars

I'd say a teaser is possible though, since they've said they will wrap on July 22.

I might be remembering timeline wrong but didn't we get something about VII a little over a year before its release?

They could probably make one but it's way to far off and besides, Rogue One needs to attention right now. I would expect a teaser on Rogue One's release.

Yeah I just checked. It came out in November 2014.

Yeah, there's definitely going to be a bunch of Rogue One footage!

>Implying Vader didn't call dibs on the Padawans

There is only one villainess worthy of a good /ss/ story.

Why is she so perfect?

The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there.

You feel it too, don't you?

What's the chronological order of the Vader/Star Wars/Vader Down comics?

Vader Down #1
Darth Vader #13
Star Wars #13
Darth Vader #14
Star Wars #14
Darth Vader #15

After what issue of Star Wars does Vader start?

They're basically concurrent. I believe the first issue of Vader basically recaps the first issue of SW from Vader's perspective. You could read in release order and that'd probably match up perfect, but you should be fine alternating between Volumes if that is easier.

Star Wars: Obi-Wan & Anakin #1-5
Star Wars: Darth Maul - Son of Dathomir #1-4
Star Wars: Kanan #1-12
Star Wars: Princess Leia #1-5
Star Wars: Chewbacca #1-5
Star Wars #1-3
Star Wars: Darth Vader #1
Star Wars #4
Star Wars: Darth Vader #2-3
Star Wars #5
Star Wars #6 (pages 1-17)
Star Wars: Darth Vader #4-5
Star Wars: Darth Vader #6 (pages 1-13)
Star Wars #6 (pages 18-20)
Star Wars: Darth Vader #6 (pages 14-20)
Star Wars #7 (#15 and #20 follow the story of the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi)
Star Wars #15
Star Wars #20
Star Wars #8-12
Star Wars Annual #1
Star Wars: Darth Vader Annual #1
Star Wars: Darth Vader #7-12
Vader Down #1
Darth Vader #13
Star Wars #13
Darth Vader #14
Star Wars #14
Darth Vader #15
Star Wars #16-19
Star Wars: Darth Vader #16-19
Star Wars: Darth Vader #20-25 (pending)
Star Wars #21-24 (pending)
Star Wars: Lando #1-5 (pending)
Star Wars: Han Solo #1-5
Star Wars: Shattered Empire #1-4
Star Wars: C-3PO #1
Star Wars: Poe Dameron #1-6

>Kylo was injured by Chewie's bowcaster. The fact that he still managed to fight Finn and Rey makes him a badass.

He swung his lightsabre around like a drunk teenager with a glow in the dark baseball bat before getting knocked on his arse by a teenage girl who had only just figured out how to turn a lightsabre on.

I like Kylo and hope they can salvage his character, but he's the weakest dark side user we've seen so far.

Live action Disney can't do stong villains

Thank you.

Oops. That pending should be on Han Solo, not Lando. Only one issue of Han is out so it's tentatively in that spot. Same goes with Darth Vader #20-25 and Star Wars #21-24 since their stories are not yet finished.

What did he mean by this?

>Kylo was injured by Chewie's bowcaster. The fact that he still managed to fight Finn and Rey makes him a badass.
Getting injured by a single blaster shot hasn't stopped someone before. Either way he should've fallen back when he was clearly not thinking straight instead of being stubborn. I wouldn't even call that a fight to be honest. He was just swinging his lightsaber like a mad man and still got owned twice by people who literally had no fighting experience.

>Getting injured by a single blaster shot hasn't stopped someone before.

Didn't you see the rest of the movie where it's clearly shown that Chewie's bowcaster was incredibly deadly, with it literally blowing 2 troopers away just from hitting the ground in front of them?

Pretty sure a normal dude wouldn't even survive a direct hit like Kylo did.

I do agree that the fight was a bit bullshit though, but still.

>I like Kylo and hope they can salvage his character, but he's the weakest dark side user we've seen so far.

Vader
Sheev
Dooku
Maul
Ventress
Savage

Imagine any of these guys in place of Kylo. I mean, I could imagine some keeping Rey alive to convert her but Finn would've dead in seconds. Let alone living long enough to get a good hit in.

How would Kylo fit among the Inquisitors?

It wasn't just a normal blaster shot, but the one weapon that was so powerful that Han Solo praised it like it was another falcon.

I honestly think that people who call Kylo a weak villain haven't even seen the movie. Like, Maul, Dooku, Vader and Sheev weren't injured when they battled the protagonists, but Kylo was so of course he wouldn't look as badass as the other villains when he is in a disadvantaged position. Watch him when he is at full health and you see someone who can stop blaster bolts and freeze people with the force.