youtube.com/watch?v=tHA1ufmLZQY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>HE FELL THROUGH THE BAR, STU!

bravo

ratko mladic

Unironically the best

>LE UKIP LE BIGOTS

10/10 comedy wow

What makes Stu great is that he doesn't do shit like that.

I clapped! I clapped when the man said something I agree with! I clapped and I laughed too!

james corden has let himself go

i'm white and I love him, and I'm white.

confirmed for not actually watching any of based stu

hey guys did you know that Ng Lee sounds like angry?

>"haha im being not-funny on purpose, its just so intellectual and sophisticated"

>haha those other people are so stupid haha
>I vastly over-estimate my own intelligence and am completely unaware of the fact that I fall into the same in-group heuristics and biases that my political opponents do but my opponents are JUST SO STUPID

t. every stewart lee fan ever

It's the peak of brainlet comedy, no wonder /r/unitedkingdom loves it so much

DUDE I HATE TOP GEAR LMAO!

too smart for me

>Ng Lee
you blew it

Good god he is insufferable

DUDE PEAR CIDER LMAO

>I don't go after muzzies because I don't know anything about them
>btw isn't UKIP a bit awful? I've never actually met a UKIP voter but you know they're pretty awful, right guys?
>the only reason people want me to do jokes about muzzies is because they want to see some hate, but when I go after working-class natives I'm motivated out of just being morally superior to them

youtube.com/watch?v=sOCyADJaK_E

Sound like a Frankie Boyle fan

>haha I'm deliberately unfunny, that's the joke guys!!

>[Stewart] attended the historic public school Solihull School
>While studying English at St Edmund Hall, Oxford...

I can't work out if this is a parody or you've just never seen him.

Dumb greenposter, don't you know smart people don't laugh at jokes, they laugh when they agree with someone?

>Ang Lee sounds nothing like angly

the paul nuttals of the ukips

haha, an absolute classic Stew, how long did it take you to come up with that belter

Not him, but I distinctly remember him doing a long joke about some taxi driver being a racist muzzie hater. The punch line is that taxi driver is stupid because working class people are stupid

It sounds like you are mixing Stewart Lee up with the comedians he is directly opposed to

Just because he points out his own bias doesn't mean his jokes aren't built on them

Saying "I'm completely detached from the working class" is, ironically, the top gear's "it's just a joke" defence

Have you seen these anonymous image boards they got these days?
Have you seen them? Online, anonymous and... you use google and you type...
You've seen the image boards, with anons... Reddit.... you've seen them.
Down in the internet, when you.... when you do MySpace...yeah...

He may oppose whatever he wants, but this is his act. People clap when he expresses an opinion, that's the act.

>these days if you say you're english you go to jail
>haha that would like never happen mang

Lee is often at odds with my own political beliefs and he's my favourite comic

That was the one where he just made fun of the comment "These days, if you say your english, they put you in prison". It was just about how funny that statement was.

Shots fired.

You seem to have gotten so triggered by his political opinions you seem unable to even notice anything else going on in his shows, even though they are direct parodies of that kind of political comedy. You're on the level of a tumblrina at this point.

>wasting quads on a retard post

smdh

Hate to be a typical Stew fan but
>not getting it
It's about the ridiculousness of the statement "These days if you say you're English you'll be thrown in jail." That's why it's repeated so much during that bit, because it's a ridiculous thing to say.

>/r/unitedkingdom
>knowing this even exists

Son, you've exposed yourself.

it was an ironic shitpost. I actually like stews

>direct parodies of that kind of political comedy
No, Chris Morris is doing parody of political comedy, this guy is just doing political comedy. If it's a parody, it's way too post-ironic for me

>waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah stop making fun of my idol

Calm down kid.

The joke you're thinking of is about gay people and ends with the taxi driver saying "well you can prove anything with facts can't you?"
youtube.com/watch?v=4n-UGQcG3Jw

that or the one about it being illegal to say you're english
youtube.com/watch?v=XkCBhKs4faI

Where else am I supposed to get my brexit/tory-related butthurt from?

From what I've heard/read from interviews, Lee believes that explanation is the funniest form of comedy; he also is largely influenced by jazz musicians, attempting to start off a joke with a basic idea or 'mostif' and then go on to perform something which sounds nothing like it for twenty-ish minutes, only to finally reintroduce the initial concept at the end.

As a result of this, I think Lee's stand-up, while done with great conviction and endearment, can be very difficult to sit through unless your already a fan of his style. So he has unfortunately created a cult for himself where you're either a die hard fan or think he's rubbish. This is probably why he often mocks mainstream comics and celebrities, he and his fans need to believe they belong to some kind of alternative rather than an audience that has strayed far from the subversiveness that similar 'left-field' comics had accomplished in the past.

I like him but I don't think he's the best.

Yes, I remember now. He made a taxi driver a right wing straw man and he fought the straw man for half an hour. I clapped when the straw men lost! I clapped and I laughed!

Getting thrown in jail for saying something unpopular? preposterous! That would never happen.

> it's way too post-ironic for me
It literally is since he frequently goes on long rants about how much he hates that his audience is comprised of liberal hipster college kids that read the guardian

I was ironically criticising.

3deep5u

>parodies that kind of political comedy
>unironically writes columns for the guardian

Chris Morris didn't do any parody of political commentary, the one bits like that were in On the Hour and weren't even written by him.
Stewart Lee's stuff is all parodies and literal deconstructions of stand up. He has all these routines that start off like political comedy, and then degrade into complete absurdity.

What's his best joke and why is it the one about scotland and braveheart?
youtube.com/watch?v=tHA1ufmLZQY

I can't find his hand-stand vomit jesus bit anywhere. was it deleted from youtube?

So then why is he employed by the guardian?

Is this some sort of meta-parody? Is he in-character constantly like Stephen Colbert's character was?

He is very cynical and will take money from anybody willing to pay him for the shit that comes out of his mouth

>Stephen Colbert
how dare you

>saying you're English
>saying something unpopular

Not stretching at all, user.

>Is this some sort of meta-parody? Is he in-character constantly like Stephen Colbert's character was?
Yes. This is basic shit, so basic some people like you don't get it, he turns to the camera in several different routines and explains exactly this in explicit terms.

The visible otters one.

So is Stewart Lee actually right-wing? What are his real opinions on these subjects?

>about gay people and ends with the taxi driver saying "well you can prove anything with facts can't you?"
See if that happened in real life, it would be funny. When it's a story you made up, it sounds like a story about a pathetic sad strawman.

>he's in character when he expresses exactly the same opinions he has in real life
So it's a character the same way Sam Hyde is a character.

No,he's left wing but has self awareness you dumb Sup Forumstard. Not everything is one side screeching abuse at the other. He does self parody, making fun of his own demographic and that of his audience.

Are you by any chance American?

>he's left wing
>his jokes are about how stupid right wing is
>BUT IT'S POST-IRONIC
GASP!

>"haha its just a parody i swear hah pls believe me ;_:"

So what he's saying is actually what he believes, he just points out the flaws in his reasoning

So it's like a joke. Like on top gear.

He also pokes fun at himself, yeah.
Is this such a hard concept for you?

oh aren't we all ironic smug posters here haha

t. reddit

>Paul Nuttall is a nasty bigot, but seriously guys immigrants are an important part of our country and they enrich us all

>it's a parody
>except he believes all of it
>he just explains the joke
>so it's a parody
>but it's not

This is your brain trying to defend Stewart Lee

t. reddit

what now fag

>at himself
What does that has to do with his politics? I bet he also poops and drinks water, bu his act is still a lefty sperging about how horrible righties are.

Why did you add the last part? Are you literally incapable of understanding self deprecation?

>uses reddit spacing
Pure pottery

t. reddit

He's a comedian not a politician.

You can find his style funny while not agreeing with the views

>reddit spacing

stop this meme right now you newfag

No you can't, he insert politics in pretty much every joke and half of the time it's the punchline.

Literally watch a single Stewart Lee show and see. Most of his act is deconstruction/ripping the shit out of leftie comedians, or stand up comedy in general, or lately just himself and his own main demographic. He's built up this character who is becoming more and more contemptible every year.

I love the style, he's just a cuck faggot with dumb political views

Norm Macdonald is 100% superior if you would compare them ever

t. someone who has never watched a single stewart lee stand up

I've watched literally 1. It wasn't funny and I stopped. That's usually how it works.

why are you replying to people who literally don't get his style, or just plain haven't watched him outside of one youtube clip, you're not going to convince them of anything.

it's the same kids that think jim jefferries is an sjw because he had a trump joke go viral, or that louis ck is a cuck.

Well which one was it?

>I've watched literally 1

I grew out of Stewart Lee the minute I started thinking for myself about politics, at which point I decided that casual slander of the Right wasn't particularly entertaining or clever

Because I'm bored as fuck and I've lost control of my life.

I think I've watched that Cafe Nero clip on youtube at least 20 times this week.

I like the style but he's a faggot

So are his guardian articles also parodies? Because he literally and (seemingly) unironically expresses the same boilerplate leftist views that as he does in his stand-ups

>Eddie Izzard can be funny when he's just telling jokes. Cake or Death is funny. I just don't like his views on politics
Fine

>Stewart Lee can be funny when he's just telling jokes. He come out Stew is funny. I just don't like his views on politics
You don't get his style lmao

i dunno about you guys but i like just how dry he is and how perfect his timing is

fair enough, carry on.

I heard Stewart Lee goes out socially with 2 year old children, what a creep.

I don't think Stew got the joke the taxi driver was telling tbqh

I can't, Lee is best

this