ITT: stupidest country names i'll start

ITT: stupidest country names i'll start,

united states

BRAAAAAAPzil

estados hundidos

*los estados unidos de la américa

I swear no one can take us seriously with a name like "Paraguay" let alone anglos who mispronounce it.

We should have a serious name like Anus or something.

Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Federative Republic of Brazil

new zealand

why are anglos so uncreative

I figured you have something a bit more original. Something meme worthy like 56% or get shot.

I'm fucking insulted you would try to insult my country in such a shitty childlike manner. Get gud scrub.

"The United States of America" isn't technically a real country name, it just tells you vaguely where it is

macaco

>The United States of the America

New Zealand is pretty bad, should have changed it to something else like Australia did

Any name that describes itself is retard.
> greenland
> iceland
> united states

*los estatos unidos de los goblinos

>People's Republic of China
>People's Republic

>united kingdom

>Iceland
>has summer and fertile land

>Greenland
>Island of ice and permafrost

>named after a fucking tree

>Brazil
>named after fucking WOOD

>named after a type of nut
Yes what a brilliant name for a country

>A FUCKING TREE
Rename it to Terra de Santa Cruz

>americans are so butthurt about a name that they need to use proxy to shill insult other countries

As if "Southern" has any right to speak

"Pau-Brasil" was a very common tree with a good wood for comerce
nothing wrong naming an area with its most common flora

to trick norse settlers to settle in the cold wasteland that is greenland

You mean like Brazil?

>Democratic (Peoples) Republic of *Dictatorship*

>Guinea
>Papua New Guinea
>Guinea Bissau
>Equatorial Guinea
>Guyana
>French Guyana

Guiana means black in some african languages

>" But it seems more probable that Guinea derives from aguinaou, the Berber for Negro.

Can you guys name a cunt starting with a U?

Macau is a cute name, almost like macaw, and macaws are cute...

Brazil's not ember.

Urgay

>paraguay
>isn’t parallel to uruguay
Triggers me every time

In the US we call your Brasil nuts "nigger toes"

Same with Italian Republic, not a country name just tells you the ethnicity

You guys are comparing apples to oranges.
You can't use the government name for America and Britain, but than use the colloquial name for the French Republic and the Federal Republic of Germany

Qatar

Turkey.

I mean who names their country after a fucking bird that pilgrims and Indians eat?

A FUCKING TREE

This one takes the cake, seriously. When translated from Latin and Greek, it will say something like "Korean people's people's power of the people".

what do you call a country full of smell africans?
>niger niger niger niger niger niger niger niger niger niger niger niger niger niger niger niger niger

UMA

They at least have a name though, the US should seriously give itself a name to be called.

I vote for Atlanta.

Aca nada

> Sudan (land of blacks)
> Niger (land of blacks)
> Nigeria (land of blacks)
> South Sudan (Southern part of the land of blacks)
> Ethiopia (land of burnt faces, in other words land of blacks)

Brazil.

THIS

More like ParaGAY hahahahahaha

how accurate is this ?

>Councils Union

>East East

this

>Iceland
>Greenland

Damn the Anglos/Americans ITT are really butthurt, I guess they're mad they dont have a name like "Land of the Axe Men".

Depends on which etymology you use, the one that I find weird is that "frakka" in Old Norse or "franca" in Old English means "javelin", but when it was latinized into "francisca", it meant "throwing axe".
They prob started using different kinds of weapon.

cmon son, we shouldn't be making fun of anyone
>we are states that are united in america

ethiopia is a cool name though

Uganda

France and Germany are still the name for that single country, same with United Kingdom of *Great Britain and North Ireland*
US of A is not since America is a continent

Japan

This

Just call us Zealand or something else

Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
Or anything it might be renamed as, if it still includes the term Macedonia.

The ones for Arab countries:

Morocco is Maghreb or al-Mamlaka al-Maghribiya, which literally means "The Western Kingdom".

Algeria comes from al-Jaza'ir which is probably an archaic word for the islands (islands in Arabic is Juzur, not Jaza'ir, plural of Jazira)

Syria is a greek corruption of Assyria which is based on Ashur an ancient Akkadian god.

Kuwait just means "fortresses". Yemen doesn't mean south, it means "on the right hand".

Iraq, no idea what it means, probably from uroog, which means the roots

Sudan does in dead mean blacks.

Israel comes from an alternate name for jacob, yusare' means to wrestle. Mussare', means wrestler. So isra' ela probably means like wrestled with God or something.

No idea whats going on with saudi arabia, the name in Arabic is just "saudi arab kingdom" and saud is the name of the founder of the kingdom.

Chad comes from Shatt, which isn't lake so much as waterway, like a really wide river that resembles a lake. The actual word for lake is "buhayra" which is diminutive of "bahr" meaning sea.

The DR is meant to be the republic of St. Dominic of Osma.
I thought Sri Lanka was "Holy Island".

You can't into English.

grease

R*sshitia
Imagine naming your slave country full of slaves as defecation process

a
fucking
bird

Also, Austria doesn't mean "Eastern Borderlands" but rather "Eastern territory/empire. iran also doesn't mean Land of the free, at it's most literal definition considering "Iran" comes from middle-persian "Eran" which came from Avestan "Aryana"(Land of the Aryans" and "Arya" meaning "noble/of noble descent" the closest translation would be "Land of the Nobles/Noble ones."

austria is land of the oysters

wut