Whomp Update

Whomp Update

Oh, you had brunch at that new bistro with your beautiful family? That's just like me. I went to Arby's and used a 2-for-1 coupon for junior roast beefs. The coupon was good for up to 6 sandwiches, so of course I purchased the limit. I ate alone in my car because I bought a soda at the dollar store, and I certainly couldn't bring in a foreign beverage.

Oh whomp, you're such a crazy guy.

>One friend who I used to date is buying a house with her husband
>Another bought a nice piece of property and is building his own house
>Another couple has been living in their own place for years
>I live at home with my parents working two jobs to pay off student loans for a degree I didn't even finish

God I'm a fucking loser.

i honestly don't understand how RL Ronnie can't keep up with a relationship. He looks adorable in his pictures at cons.

>All my friends from high school are getting married and having kids
>I'm just working all the time so I can buy comics and pay bills

I didn't think 10 years later this is all I'd be doing.

You're not a loser for not being financially successful.

I mean, obviously working two jobs sucks. I'm not saying everything is rainbows and kittens. I'm just saying that your situation doesn't make you a loser or worse than your more successful friends.

>You got to go to college
>Your parents are alive
>You have a job
Fucking normies
I have one pair of underwear that I wash in the shower every other day and I know there's someone out there with none

This comic changed my life, I have bought SO MANY BALLOONS.

Remember when your mom said you couldn't have Lunchables? "We could make those at home!" Get that Lunchables! Push your new snack baby around in its shopping cart stroller. It's a fun little meander until you notice that such a small snack is the same price as a large box of crackers. You do some mental math. You could make so many more for so much less. The circle completes, and with it, your defeat.

It could be worse, dude. Living on your own ain't all it's cracked up to be.

>Showering every other day
Stop wasting water!

>student loans
That's where it all went wrong

A best friend of mine from high school had a son the other day.

that's just like me except alcohol and depression instead of balloons and ice cream haha

Honest question, are you the same guy that's always asking questions like that?

You should ask him out. Worst thing that can happen is you'll be able to say Ronnie rejected you

I got all my student loans paid off years ago through constant monthly payments from my $9-an-hour job.

>used to be a trouble child who moved between families all the time
>literally every year moved to a new place and never kept a single friend
>lived in a third world shithole to boot
>one day catch up with old first grade friends
>they're fit and successful
>move away, no family, not a cent to my name, living a simple life with a simple job and just spend my time drawing, reading, and playing vidya
>only meaningful friendships I've had were with online people I met in real life and even then a lot of them have drifted away

Friendly people come and go. But friends, true friends, are rare. Some may even go a lifetime without a friend. And the truth is that maybe that's a good thing, maybe friends hold you down and blind you from the cold hard fact that all you really have in this world is yourself and what you do with your time.

Don't worry about success. Just do what you think you need to do. 3njoy your own company and don't get attached to others too much. Be thankful thst you're not literally starving and waiting in mile long lines for food only to get mugged and your food stolen on the way home, be thankful that there are job opportunities and that you have the indescribable privilege of being alive, because God knows a lot of you americans don't know how good you have it and how bad it could truly get.

Being alive and healthy is all the success you need.

i agree with what you said but are you in the right thread?

Started about a blog post about old acquaintances showing you up and turned into whatever that post turned into.

It's one of those nights, man.

I did this with cereal since growing up we'd only ever get generic brand shit.

Now I just don't care and get that same generic stuff.

ah, best wishes to you.

I buy a shit ton of fast food and junk food then just throw it away after I eat a bit.

This is me with pizza during weekends.

Its nice seeing those rare moments when Aggy's weirdness shines through

Are you that guy with goblin hands who lives in some polacks' basement?

You'll be out on top when your buddies are in massive debt. Save up your cash.

why is roonie implying like a jellous bastard?

I've hung out and talked to Ronnie in his game streams.

Now he was drunk at the time and he was a great guy and all but he's the biggest goober ever.

But Ronnie, homemade lunchables aren't as good! What would you do if someone told you to make homemade Nuggies?

I NEED MORE DETAILS.

More people need to show up to the drawing streams, though. It gets lonely in there.

>all my friends are NEET or STEMfags
>every one of us hates women or is otherwise uninterested in them
Robots through and through.

I also hate myself.

Let's be friends until we can't stand one another anymore!

>Implying STEM isn't full of normies, too
Computer and music-based bullshit is about the only place you'll find autists.

I can sort of understand. Not that growing up fat is the worst thing in the world, but when you're bullied nonstop for it, you internalize a lot of the shitty remarks people tell you. Your running monologue in your head is often filled with it. You feel like you have no self-worth a decent amount of the time. Ronnie probably doesn't think his personality and humor balance out his physical appearance or that some people might even like his physical appearance.

>Music school not having normies
Give me a fucking break

>the only thing I'm good at is analyzing literature
>probably have to deal with the rampant SJWism currently taking hold as well as the very low chances of finding a job after high school

Keep telling yourself that, user.

I'm not any better than he is. I'm also poor. And it is very obvious that money is the only goddamn thing that matters. Nothing else is worth a single flying fuck.

Friends? They'll stab you in the back eventually. And then you have to go acquire new ones. And that's damn near impossible if you're flat broke.

Lovers? Ditto.

Being a part of your community? That just means being a fucking target.

Good food? The ingredients cost money.

Drugs? Hey, guess what you need for them.

An environment that doesn't suck? Also needs money.

It's always about money. That is the only fucking thing that matters, and telling anyone anything different is some of the cruelest fucking shit you can do.

>tfw buying a giant box of reese puffs with the housemates and watching old Simpsons and KotH together

Nah. What you're paying for isn't the actual food, but the convenience and time saved. You pay so you don't have to make it yourself, you just buy it and it's ready to eat.

The poor toil to prepare their own food.

>friends are all married or have been dating the same person for several years
>I still haven't had my firsr kiss
Worst of all, I still don't have my wizard powers, Sup Forums lied

The thing is, part of what made that stuff you wanted appealing as a kid is that it was forbidden.

Like as a kid you might have wanted ice cream for breakfast every day. Of course your parents said no. But now that you're an adult, you can buy all the ice cream you want, but being able to do that takes the fun and specialness out of it.

Plus as an adult you have the knowledge that a lot of what you wanted as a kid really is bad for you, like the aforementioned constant ice cream.

>This is my wife's son

This hurts. Also when did Ronnie switch to vertical?

Wait he's not in a relationship? I honestly thought he was at least dating steadily this whole time and just chose not to put it in the comic. If I lived near him I'd ask him out.

He's been going through a 4koma phase for the past few weeks. I think there were a couple in his usual format, but he probably finds this easier for pacing most jokes.

I think that's too fat for 4koma, just like Ronnie

Why not do income based repayment? It'll take longer, but you won't have to work 2 jobs, and the money you save short term can help you move out of your parents. And if it takes too long (20 years), they'll just forgive the rest of it.

i'm in nearly the same situation, though i have had a few kisses, though none that actually meant anything
I'm an adult and i still don't know how to approach a woman, and i don't wanna go on a blind date either, because that feels so weird and i wouldn't know what the fuck to say
neither would i want to use something like Tinder or online stuff, cause i doubt i'd actually get any matches

>live with parents
>might lose house anyway
>no college not even highschool
>no job will hire,don't qualify
>no car,no public transport

Be glad you're not a fool like me. I deserve what's coming.

When does he do them? I'll watch if I can catch the streams.

I got kicked out of college in 2009, and nothing has changed at all. I've been suicidal, angry, bitter, and even on the verge of tears and a mental breakdown

I'm really afraid that if a drastic change doesn't occur in my life soon, I'll probably end up like Robert Crumb's brother, Charles
>I made some attempts to escape, but in the end, it all proved futile

>The only thing I have in my life is my fucking computer
>I got mad drunk last night and fucking poured whisky in the computer on accident
>IT ACTUALLY FUCKING CAUGHT ON FIRE

I guess I still have my Wii U and my... working video card.

Is this the vent thread because I need to vent.

4koma panels aren't always square.

Just fuck my shit up sir

>text fellow loser
>hey user, how have you been? im in france working for a couple of months dude *selfie with eiffel tower attached*
literally how?

Manual labor maybe.

after my first paycheck i texted my friends and we went to burger king at the mall and bougght the biggest burgers the ones i wasnt allowed to buy, then went to the imax showing of some movie with gigant popcon, gigant soda and tons of expensive movie candy and finally bought a couple of new games and went home to play all weekend

Probably. I'm a good cleaner,maybe janitorial.

try stage handing, it sucks but its work

Also not a bad idea.

I've reached a point where even if I somehow managed to learn how to interact with women, it'd be too late. Most women are gonna be repelled by shyness, facial features, and boring personality. Worst of all, the fact that I've never had a girlfriend by this age is going to be a red flag for them.

I might as well learn how to live the rest of my life alone.

Okay, yeah, you're going to want to avoid online dating and Tinder and shit like that, because they're crap in general, but I'm going to let you in on a secret: Worrying about "how to approach a woman" is the exact wrong way to go about approaching a woman.

Y'know what I do? I walk up to girls and say, "Hey, you're cute. What's your name?" And then I just fucking talk to them, because she's now participating equally in the conversation.

And it fails a lot. Either they're not single, they think I'm a creep, or I come to find out that dear god they're abhorrent fucking people and I don't want to put my dick in that and now I have to give her something that's not my phone number.

But, y'know, sometimes it works. And sometimes they're decent people. And sometimes they wanna fuck me, even though I'm probably just as awkward as you two. And I'm easily just as ugly-- I've had my face flattened in multiple muggings.

I'm certainly not *confident*, either. It's hard to make myself go do that. Had to practice stuttering out those words in private a lot before I could spit them out without tripping over myself. Pathetic, but shit, I'm anonymous right now.

No, the only difference is that I ask. Clumsily, awkwardly, I probably seem a bit weird when I do it-- But I ask. And it sometimes works. And when it doesn't work?

Y'know, sometimes I'm still called cute, and that just makes me happy for the rest of the day anyway.

I swear to God, Agrias. If I turn around and you're doing that face, I will bring down the fury of seven hells on you and your descendants for generations interminate. I am now turning around, giving you time to think on this and - you're making the face. Well, kudos on calling my hells bluff, I suppose.

>24 years old
>applying for a job at fucking Radioshack today

This is what despair feels like.

Okay, so what show is he watching?

>26 years old
>Jobless
>Just went on brain meds
>No girlfriend
>No friends
>Applying at Wal-mart

Yep. I feel you.

>26 years old
>Work Customer Service
>My whole job is letting people yell at me because they didn't bother to read the terms of the hotel room they booked

>One friend who I used to date is buying a house with her husband

>Radioshack

They still exist? But why?

Yeesh. That's rough. Never work at a liquor store. It's pretty much like that, except they're drunk as shit and often aggressive.

He's an archeologist obviously.

Are doctorates really that easy to obtain, or what?

At this rate, "I walked by an ugly girl on the street" means you're a cuck. And you fucks want to bitch about liberals destroying the English language, lol.

>Select pickup trucks
>Fuck yeah, murrica

At least throwing "cuck" at anything unsuccessful man-woman interaction retains part of the original meaning. It's not like that "power x class + men = racism" or whatever faux mathematics liberals use nowadays to mean racism.

It is equally as far removed and you damn well know it.

Add "just expelled from college" and that's pretty much me as well.

I have resorted to reading testimonies and recounts of parents whose sons and daughters committed suicide just to stop myself from killing myself as well.

Whatever you do, don't tell a medical professional you're suicidal. That is a quick trip to being committed against your will. And involuntary psychiatric holds will make you crazier than when you went in.

Don't worry. Psychiatric care in my third-world shithole for a country is a joke, both public and private. I think we have only one mental asylum for the whole nation.

Now I don't know much about whomp, but is it one of those comics like QC of Dumbing of age where Sup Forums dislikes but follows anyway, or does Sup Forums genuinely like it?

Sup Forums tends to genuinely like it, but gets a little tired of the repetitive nature sometimes.

This is genuinely good and relatable, also the author comes here sometimes and he's a really cool guy.

> finally get gf
> live in a constant state of panic, because I have no idea what I'm doing and don't understand what I should do
> Cry myself to sleep out of fear of messing up

>buy a sam's club membership
>buy a carton of candy bars every week
>eat them instead of meals

Pwnys

Don't worry, Ronny. You got the better life.

>have never had friends
>closest thing is "acquaintances" in high school
>few acquaintances from high school are all post-grad, married and have kids
>I'm still living with parents, never went to college and have never worked due to disability
>have had my learner's permit for nearly 15 years but barely have driven
>best case scenario, I get my own private apartment on a new property my parents own and live alone with my cat

I mean, I wouldn't mind living alone with my cat... but I still wish I had friends and a girlfriend/wife or something.

that's why I buy a line of cocaine every now and then

>I mean, I wouldn't mind living alone with my cat... but I still wish I had friends and a girlfriend/wife or something.
I used to feel that way, then I decided I was an asexual introvert who didn't really want friends or a girlfriend. I'm still not 100% sure that it's not just me trying to convince myself I don't need something I'll never have in order to be happy, but it's still better than wishing for something I can't get.

Damn, didn't know it was /r9k/'s turn to inhabit Sup Forums. Lighten up fellas.

Here's the full version

why cgi

I somehow skipped this one. This is exactly what happened to me and my brother

...Why the fuck should we? Our lives suck by every measure and trying to improve is getting me, at least, fucking nowhere fast.

>didn't know it was /r9k/'s turn to inhabit Sup Forums

This is how people can tell you're both a newfag and a normie, familienmitglied.

It's the reverse for me:
>never had much money growing up
>mom sometimes stupidly bought a lot of nice food at the beginning of the month and we ended up borrowing money and eating only potatoes, porridge or soup with no meat the last week of the month
>now I'm a fucking miser because I absolutely hated the feeling of being broke and never want to feel it again
>it almost literally feels like someone is choking me when I think about spending money on something I don't need