Let's discuss some famous 'jumping the shark' tv moments. How and when did some TV shows jump the shark for you?

Let's discuss some famous 'jumping the shark' tv moments. How and when did some TV shows jump the shark for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=go6O4wBcYN0
youtube.com/watch?v=uEKsDQfwk-U
youtube.com/watch?v=LHCBw1WfTfY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

At the end of the 2nd seaspn of Prison Break

Arrow after the death of the orange masked guy

time travel on game of thrones

Sense 8, with the psychic orgy

Doctor Who with Bill

Game of Thrones post The Red Wedding

everyone's going to have a different opinion of when The Walking Dead jumped the shark but I'm sure most can agree that the armored spike zombie is when it definitively passed the point of no return

It was the finale of season 3

Bad graphic. Jumping the shark happens when quality is low, as a desperate attempt to recover

End of season 1

WOW IT EVEN LOOKS LIKE A SHARK FIN I WOWEEEEE

Fuck i hate people sometimes

Jumped the shark is in reference to fonzy not a stupid fucking shark fin in a graph

Yup, pretty much at that point was when I lost hope

autism

GoT jumped the shark long before that

youtube.com/watch?v=go6O4wBcYN0

A lot of moments in Lost could qualify, but I think the whole "flash-sideways"/afterlife arc in the final season is the part where that show jumped the shark for me.

The Sopranos exactly when it ended

Everyone knows that, Einstein. It's just a silly graph. A visual pun.

the show lost me when ben brought them all to faradays mother in the church and there's a ten minute exposition scene of her explaining how the island movies and blah blah algorithms blah blah you have to go back but only under these arbitrary rules blah blah

jumping the shark is a term for when a show shift's from it's original focus to something only tangentially related and unsustainable as a formula

It does not mean "SHIT SUX NOW >:("

Oh yeah, big time. Opened this thread just to post it.

Although it started declining after Season 2, Game of Thrones jumped the shark sharply with the Dorne plotline and the sandsneks in early Season 5 and from then on became full on cheesy quip bullshit

youtube.com/watch?v=uEKsDQfwk-U

that graph is completely wrong, shows dont jump the shark at the top of their perceived quality, they jump it while going straight to the bottom to try to re ignite interest

I never notice when shows "jump the shark" because I can usually find redeeming qualities of any show I like, to the point where I enjoy it enough to not drop it.

True detective s1 "green ears!"

wait what was that? which season? the entire show past season 1 is a fucking blur to me i dont remember hardly anything

Evangelion Rebuild with the peak being the end of 2.22

Jumping the shark happens AFTER a dip in quality and viewership where the show tries to win back the audience with a desperate move.

youtube.com/watch?v=LHCBw1WfTfY

Simpson's NYC episode. One of my favorites, but almost everything after that is garbage.

so how the fuck is that jumping the shark then

Trailer Park Boys, after the SwearNet shit

idk, pet shinji was pretty hot desu

TV tropes has so much useful information. I fucking love that site.

Simpsons jumping the shark was when I need to know

i had pretty much given up on TPB but the last season was actually ok. way better than the one before that was endless celeb cameos and meta jokes

>LOST Season 5
just fucking stop already, you're done.

Was that with the people who somehow unlearned human speech and talked like weird monkeys?

Shut the fuck up.

>sand sneks
>season 6
>that part where a woman with a whip is genuinely about to take on a man with a sword in very close quarters and seems genuinely irritated when her spear wielding sister teleports behind him and kills him instead
>these characters will probably survive to the end of the show

c-can't wait for season 7

infertility in friends
cancer in house
dead of warrick in csi
ssj3 gotenks in dragon ball

When Fonzie jumped over that shark in an episode of Happy Days

see
the show was still on top of the ratings for like 6 years after, which defies the traditional "jump the shark" definition even though it started the phrase

Don't post in threads you don't understand

nope. jump the shark means the show turned to shit, its ratings after this point are not relevant.

The Sabre buyout on The Office.

The ending of the Big Mac season of Always Sunny.

I consider Michael Scott paper company to be the real jump the shark moment for The Office

Walking dead,season seven episode 2. They blew their load early but they could've at least kept the pacing and energy up instead of devolving into a snooze fest. On top of that it was even more poorly written than usual

The Character Assassination of Stannis Baratheon.