Why are 90s films so much more kino than the ones being made today?

Why are 90s films so much more kino than the ones being made today?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/search/title/?release_date=1990,1999&title_type=feature
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Coens are hacks.

Beau travail is the best 90s film.

not the best but surely top 10

holloywood jes

SJW Liberals have ruined everything.

Because Bill Clinton was president and he had a 65% approval rating. The 90s were kino

because TV has taken over, now movies are mostly just super hero kids movies

It's literally because nobody wants to deal with a movie unless it has the chance to gross over 9 billion and comes with its own cinematic universe.

>kino

90s was a renaisance of film making and no one even cared.

imdb.com/search/title/?release_date=1990,1999&title_type=feature

The 90s fucking sucked and I'm tired of hearing about them

DING DING DING

because jews didn't know about the goldmine of capeshit

nice samefag

Cuz the narrative worked soo good in those films. It's the basics of storytelling as far as filmmaking concerned. Ppl doesn't understand this, can't go anywhere else.

because plebs only care about concept/premise/story/plot so every movie now is "what sounds kewl" and then they produce it and you have thousands of plebs, including Sup Forums, going WHOA KEWL CONCEPT, and they fork out money to see piles of shit, and since execution and artistry don't matter to plebs, they make a fuck load more money for less production time because no actual fucking artist is willing to put forth the effort needed to make a classic masterpiece

>take 5 seconds to come up with super kewl premise involving crime and sci fi
>go vomit out a movie in 2 months of filming and come back
>nothing but exposition and medium shots
>gloss over everything with blueish hue puke in post
>300m dollary doos

people became shit around that time, people say its 2001 but it probably started happening even before then

Movies from90-99 #300-400 are way better than #1-50 from 2005-2017.
Honestily, I watched all those 90ties movies as they were released.
OK,I was younger(and still not disillusioned) but you HAD at least one really great movie per month.
Now,i f there is 1 movie per year,per couple of years(movie like LOTR or the like, you could barely wait to be released in theatres).
In last ~ten years I was excited 3 times and dissapointed 3 times.
First:Conan(dumb me believed they will make it like Conan barbarian,basil ,de laurentis and all that uber jazz).
Second: now,I know there are much bigger offenders, but I honestly hoped(at least in the beginning) that Hobbit will be done at least as good as lotr, honestly, it wasn't even about the movies but just to see if Hollywood is actually capable of finishing sexatology and have some really epic project that stretches over 20 years,at least one without clusterfuxs.
Third:I'll mix two stuff, first,Blomkampf, fucker looked like bringer of light/ new wave of cinematography, on end of long and dark hole for sf(he is Wachowki sisters of 2k) and Prometheus & Alien should be 2 different movies

>teethposter

Focus testing, huge budgets, unwillingness to take risks.

Nah,world had fucking moment of peace from 1994(ok,little bombing the Serbs ,but ,its good for them)-2001(for the first time of measured time),
NAFTA still didn't create Cartels,grunge was cool, no more Commies,president of USA was a guy who played sax,had blowjobs and smoked weed but "didn't inhale";),people still had savings, black communities had cheapest crack ever,, Crops and Bloods become bros. Fuck, all we needed was alien landing and now we would live in Star Trek timeline, but,no, Bush Sr. wanted them poppy fields in Afghan & Iraq oil not to be enticed by value of €,so, we got 9/11,3 generation of kids grew up on Halo/COD(literally propaganda to enlist airheads into army), how much dumb fuckers went to enlist after seeing HALO ODST live action trailer(lament-light of aiden), now that was some primo propaganda even Goebbels wouldn't be ashamed of.
All in all, we had micro Golden age we weren't aware of.

>WHOA KEWL CONCEPT
this

its called nostalgia.

You'll be sayin the same about film todays in 2030

Survivorship bias, you only remember the good ones. Of course they made a ton of trash movies in the 90s as well, but you don't talk about those.

>nothing can ever be genuinely good, you can only remember things fondly

I disagree.

pleb with movie aspirations to meet qt actresses and fuck them
what does this mean
>nothing but exposition and medium shots

you think in 30 years time people will talk about all the shit movies that were made today? No, they will remember the good ones and some goober will come on Sup Forums and go >why are 2010s films so much more kino than the ones being made today?

Nah, males enjoy (like peak of interest) watching movies from ~15-25maybe 30(manchilds up to 40).
Movies and hypes of that time they see as purest kino, maybe some new flix is better than olyeller but user by that time just saw too much,is too old,maybe even has to take care of brown sons of his gf and make lunch for all them big boys ,Mommy's black friends, so he has no time for that nonsense ,as se said:"why waste time on that complete nonsence when you can waste it on me.
he finally realised everything is copy of everything and that Hollywood recycles hypes every 30 years

Anyone here being alive in2030, keks.
Only real option in life you guys have in will you go from hearth,stroke or cancer(obesity,drugs and all other subcategories are already included into golden three,suicide is not an option, its the lack of one)

That's not what he said.

HAHAHA
YOU FUCKING AUTISTIC LOSER
STOP USING 4PLEBS ARCHIVE LEL

What?

This. Born in 89, I can attest to the fact that were a shit load of bad 90s movies. You probably think the 90s were good because of ten muh nostalgia movies, or muh pc culture destroyed movies.