Adam Curtis - HyperNormalisation

What does Sup Forums think about this documentary?

youtube.com/watch?v=nz6u7xRznjY

adam curtis is a moron

DUDE LETS REPACKAGE OLD IDEAS AND CLAIM THEM AS NEW

the only remotely accurate thing he touched upon was why the soviet union collapsed. His reasoning was still absurdly reductive and simplified to the point of near meaninglessness due to the number of factors he was determined to ignore or downplay.

meaning?

i like watching his documentaries but you really shouldn't take them seriously, the guy is honestly a complete loony

lmao

4ch doesnt take him seriously bc he exposed drumpf lol

What did he say?

he exposed him as a failed businessman and a con-artist who became president piggybacking on the backs of rural and suburban retards

watch it

I've only seen the All Watched Over... doc but it seems like he would focus on bigger geo-political and social causes rather than just "lol retards voted trump".

its not the whole documentary you fucking retard

I know but if he actually exposed Trump in the documentary he would likely fit his rise in the context of bigger trends and movements.

he does

fucking watch it already geez

No fuck you

I listened to his interview on Chapo.
Very interesting man and a great docu, especilaly on the subject of wars in the Middle East.

this is funny because Chapo fanboys really are that stupid

why the fuck are you discussing it then

I know its classic Sup Forums to criticise something you haven't seen but shit, come on lads.

Hypernormalisation I see as bringing together the ideas in a lot of his other films.

Bitter Lake I liked a lot. The point of that one is not his argument - that the Middle East is just the Cold War by another name - but that everyone used to accept this as so obvious as to need no explanation but because it doesn't fit the narrative, its seemingly being memory holed and is treated as a whacko theory.

Wait until next year Joe College, you'll find out it wasn't a new idea then either.

I don't have any friends

nobody tm did it first with nothing but some cheap editing software

He means read "The Society of the Spectacle"

>reading marxist trash

kulak detected

the problem with that has to do with how that's not even the worst story of a republican president from the last 40 years.

reagan was a failed actor who became president piggybacking on the backs of rural and suburban retards, who've voted for regans party in every election for the last thirty years.

Trying to act like trump is some new force in politics is idiotic.

You literally just googled the book, saw "Marxist critical theory" and dismissed it because you're less than a psuedo-intellectual

>french self hating marxist
>in any way equivalent to marxism in the us

>Let me take some different events, state that they're causal as gospel (without any counter arguments), and intersperse them with some shitty pop music and bizarre, vaguely related clips
Curtis is the biggest fucking hack

its rlly good