Can we get some love for the Pacific Northwest?

and Canada's half too

Vancouver (in BC not in WA) is the best place but how do I get a job that can afford a house there?

you don't

Is it like in Life is Strange?

yes but only the coastal part of the region

*walks towards you*
*complains about the rain*

It's raining right now and I'm very comfy right now.

The area immediately surrounding Portland is. Legit found a girl whom looks like Chloe my first week there. Very weird mix of ultra liberal and far right political ideology. Also a surprising amount of innawoods types, which is pretty cool. I hear it sucks to be Black there though.

>doesn't rain that day
*wtf I thought this place was supposed to be rainy*

negroe, go!

vancouver island is the most powerful region of canada

Vancouver Island is heaven on Earth

FACT: Eastern Washington is the best place to be during the summertime

Whiter than u

Sounds comfy but how many methheads would one have to deal with over there. Also what are the pros and cons about living there

How much are houses there?

it's all cons don't move there

more than you can afford sweetie

OH NONONONONONO

I already did go.
>WE OUT HERE TAKIN YO WOMEN O'GON BOI, NOW SHE ON DIS BCC

I mostly saw hipster/Portlandia types and peeps who seemed like ex-Scene kids. Innawoods dudes are often metal heads regardless of where they're located in my experience

you are like little baby
watch this

Already know that honey, lower mainlander here ;). I wouldn't mind living in port alberni, seems like a decent place.

Maybe you could find something between 250K and 350 K in Saanich. Otherwise, you should look in Langford, Sooke or go north, like Nanaimo.

>a $10 fee on a $15 item
What in the actual fuck is wrong with Seattle?

HOW?

pretty much anywhere on the island is guaranteed comfy
partial to duncan/cowichan valley area myself
cheating slightly
picture is from nunavut and because it's in bufu nowhere in the arctic there's no highways, so everything has to be flown in from thousands of kilos away

Where? Nunavut?

is Washington still like in Twin Peaks?

yeah

>methheads
I don't go into the other cities often but the 4 or 5 I do know only have methheads in the parts anyone with a brain would know not to walk through at night.
Portland and Seattle have lots obviously and Yakima does too but crack is their specialty
I'm from the eastern half of the cascades to here's my take on my side
PROS
>god tier summers if you live near a body of water or a desert, especially if you're in a small town
>lots of friendly people (an understatement), we just don't like Californians that come here to settle permanently
>good job opportunities if you're a poor fag, I went from loser to decent lower middle class in a year and a half without college
>not boring but not overcrowded with consumerist culture and shops like in the east coast
>lots of other shit that I'd have to rant about but basically its the kind of place that will give you great memories and a good life (if you're from cali you can visit but never even think of living here)
CONS
>mexicans in smaller cities, but mostly confined to their own apartment blocks and neighborhoods
>drug problem in the larger cities
>in the winter, every other year you either get 50 feet of snow or just really barren and icy ground and 1000mph winds

it looks like season 3 now, dilapidated and strained
all the money from timber is gone

why are there so many mexicans in eastern washington and oregon

>(if you're from cali you can visit but never even think of living here)
too bad

Twin peaks really reminds me of small towns in the interior of BC.

>we just don't like Californians

2 bad 4 u

Interstate 5 and lots of low skill, low wage jobs

that's sad
is it at least safe and are people nice to strangers?
always wanted to go there

W-why do you guys hate Californians user?

agricultural work I think

I have an aunt living in Vancouver which I'm going to visit after studies, told me the same

fruit picking. where I grew up it was basically a little town where white people with normal jobs lived and richfags from the coast would rent homes in the summer, but 4 miles down the road past farms and vinyards was a little shanty town full of Mexicans with no stop lights and only one sidewalk, you would honestly think you were somewhere in Central America if it wasn't for the flag outside the town hall or school.
Government buildings and the school district being there is the only reason anyone else went there

hello vancouver bro, i'm comfy too.

most people are nice, I don't think you'd have a problem

California has beautiful landscapes that californians paved over
no one wants that happening here

>all of california is LA

>mfw Qu*bécoishit
>litteral mix of rain, hail and snow as of right now

It's not all the time like the retarded Texans, its complicated. Californians who stay in California are bro-tier, but Californians who come here fuck everything up.
>spend a year here and think they're a local now
>be loud as fuck in a region full of quiet lumberjacks, farmers, and fishermen
>try to turn our states into their own little versions of California
>NorCal fags think that they're just like the eastern conservatives but do all of the things I just mentioned above
>Californian liberals think they're like the fags in the Seattle/Portland area but our guys really only want weed and thats it
>countless other things any other Cascadian can tell you

and how cold also ;)

how easy is it to cross the border between canada and the us? do a lot of people travel in between regularly?

>4c
how are you not melting

Huh. It feels weird that there's such a relationship between us. No offence but its not often we think of you guys at least here in socal.

Here I hop on either side in the woods and no one gives a fuck, it's not like I'm going to live in Canada or a Canadian is going to come here
If you're driving and in a car it goes like this
>Border agent: What are you visiting for?
>literally any fucking response except "I'm going to commit a crime"
>"open your windows" *half assed glance into your car" "ok welcome to Canada"
going back to the US:
>border agent: open your doors
>peeks with flashlight
>welcome to USA land of burger

I am a Washingtonian!

bump

you're not from the western half right? good, I would have beaten your ass

I'm from Seattle but live in California.
I don't think I've ever mentioned Washington without someone asking about the rain.

theres a gun on my table boyo come get some

bump

I think it might have something to do with the characteristics of Californians who would want to move.

My brother has said on multiple occasions that he would love to live in Seattle. Yet he has decided to stay in California because he has roots here. Yes the Inland Empire is a strip mall wasteland but its OUR strip mall wasteland and it is irreplaceable. So straight out any Californian who would be willing to have roots of any kind in an area are excluded from your migration. Or you get people who were essential forced to move by job or housing pressures and now you have to deal with a population who doesn't even want to be there.

Your states will fall to the Californians. It is only a matter of time.

Get a good degree.

Who /UVic/ here?