Disney to change Donald Duck's name to "Donnie Duck"

>Disney announced earlier this morning that, in the light of recent controversies, they will be officially changing the name 'Donald Duck' to 'Donnie Duck'.

>"It was not an easy decision," one representative claimed. "We have a lot of Donald Duck merchandise, and it will take a long time for the change to come into effect. We're willing to make the effort, however." The representative went on to describe the re-recording that a number of current cartoons are going through, including the Mickey Mouse shorts, "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" for preschoolers, as well as "Mickey Mouse and the Roadster Racers", another upcoming program for young children.

>When pressed as to why the change was made, the representative refused to expand on the point.

Wow...

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/jongraywb/status/732980077047230465
previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN160503
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fake and fucking gay. Fuck off.

OP

KILL YOURSELF

I'm angry about it too, but.........

www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/donald-ducks-name-to-be-changed/

H-Happy fourth of July................................

>No source
0/10

I know this is faker than a thai ladyboy's tits, but what controversy?

>they deleted that article

Donald Duck having the same name as Donald Trump

Oh no, bros!

The comment section... must have been too much for the site to handle...!

>Page not found

>Actually checking

The purported sauce is actually a unofficial news site focusing on Disney's theme parks.

controversies? what controversies?

And they're probably mocking that Disney's been going full REMOVE CROC in their theme parks the last few weeks after that kid got killed by gators.

Louis and Tick-Tock removed from shows, parades and merchandising, cutting Jungle Cruise jokes,

Think hard. What else has the name "Donald" that might upset a lot of people?

I mean I knew people were saying he was literally Hitler but I never figured his first name would be treated the same as "Adolf".

Just........ wow.

So that site should be tabloid-style sensationalist bullshti.

Source?
Pretty good animation.

Aw, man.

I want a cat.

Wait what controversies

three musketeers

They should change it to Donald Cuck.

It is possible that user posted that in the hopes people wouldent bother to auctualy check his source but I prefer to think it was a drunk journalist or something.

This makes one think...
would you read a 'duck-world' story about Donnie Ducko?

How did that happen did the kid do something stupid or did the park leave a gate open.

But yeah it being satire would make sense

Once again Sup Forums gets triggered by fake news like idiots. Sup Forums is never right about anything I swear.

user most of us Couldent even make the connection with the name it's not Sup Forums falling for it here

Thanks, user!

LOL!

>Why do you wear that stupid duck suit?
>Why do you wear that stupid DUCK suit?

Speaking of Donald Duck, did you guys know that IDW will finally publish Paperinik in English?

twitter.com/jongraywb/status/732980077047230465
previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN160503

Why don't they let Marvel handle it?

I heard it was parents not obeying the "No swimming" sign in gator-infested Florida.

Except nobody is doing that you illiterate retard.

Why are people so stupid

I don't think they care for non-Star Wars properties, although they do have that Disney Kingdoms line. Disney Comics is kind of a mess, though. IDW has the 'main' line of Disney comics, while Joe Books does the Darkwing book, some Princess books, Pixar stuff, and other misc Disney properties. Papercutz does that Disney Fairies book too.

To be frank, I'm glad Marvel's not doing it. But one has to wonder whether they'd sell better if published by Marvel.

Where are the mods to ban op? This is the 5th or 6th thread he has made like this

#MakeDuckburgWAUGHagain

>Kay K

Okay

IDW is for reprints of older Disney comics (no digital release whatsoever), and Joe Books for the recent and original Disney comics.

Marvel has enough on their plate as is. It's cheaper to just license this stuff out to lesser-known brands like IDW instead of trying to let a Big Two publisher handle it.

It never existed in the first place you dickhead

>google
>first result: This exact thread
>Second result: Donald Duck Wikipedia article

Except all that stuff is confirmed fake.

My cat broke my Sinestro Corps glass, knocks over my trash multiple times a day, shreds up my leather computer chair, and runs around on my bed at 3am.

I still adore him

Gonna have to check this out, is the art the beautiful European stuff I'm thinking of?

>broke my Sinestro Corps glass
Protecting you from your own shit taste

It's the 1996 Italian series. PKNA is the original title.

Nu-Disney everybody

What took so long?

Let's just say that PKNA (or Duck Avenger, as it's being called in the Anglospehere) got pretty fucking nuts, and REEEAL fucking dark.

> being this autistic

>60 page story for only $4

Holy fuck!

I should clarify that this is the PKNA series from 1996.

I imagine they didn't think it fit with their identity in the US, like says. That said, they officially published PK Pikkapa in English in 2013 as SuperDuck, pic related.

The actual solicit says $4.99, unfortunately. If I'm not mistaken the original Italian issue IS 72 pages long, which is what's being solicited. That's still a pretty good deal. I've never bought a Disney IDW issue, do they have a lot of ads?