This thread is dedicated to the quality illustrations of Squirrel Girl, by Erika Henderson...

This thread is dedicated to the quality illustrations of Squirrel Girl, by Erika Henderson, as well as other art of QUALITY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=62UzLgdb1GQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

She's draws lips that make you want to thrust your dick into the characters mouth , what's wrong with this?

>lips you want to thrust your dick into

Uhhhh

Erin Hanson?

I can't tell whats worse the cover for issue one...

Or the cover for the other issue one

Every single character has the same kind of botox lips, it pisses me off so much.

This one's worse. They're both terrible, but I can at least tell who all the characters are on the first #1. Every time I see her friend (Nancy?) I have to be reminded she's not a guy.

I hear the Beach Boys when I see this. They are all screaming and in hell, and I wish I couldn't, but I hear them.

I thought her getting a butterface would make me more attracted. This is a comic full of downs people.

Henderson is incapable of drawing the female form. All she draws are dudes with downs.

Does anyone on the internet still defend her drawing style or has everyone just accepted her mediocrity?

FUCK! They got her too? Squirrel Girl is a spreading cancer that must be stopped.

Is that Dan Slott quote supposed to help it sell? Because that just makes me even more disgusted.

Sup Forums's like the only place with such a boner for her.

eisner nominated

>mediocrity
stop trying to put her above the shit she really is you fucking shill

>eisner nominated
Will is screaming from the grave

Its spreading. Not even Archie Comics are safe.

Henderson can't draw the female form, or any feminine characters or features

Also, the faces all look like they're weird, half inflated flesh balloons instead of human faces. Those goddamned lazy dot eyes just look like they could slough right out of their heads like a melty candle.

I want to see her life drawing work to verify if it's style or just a fundamental failure to grasp anatomy..

Ya know, the face on bottom right isn't half bad, nice volume to the hair.

Same can't be said for any of the bodies.

Its nice because it looks like none of the other faces she usually draws

>Femine eyes with make up, looking half closed, instead of the lazy shit she usually draws
>Soft, proportional lips.

Compare it with that stone faced man, who looks like her typical artwork, on the bottom left, and its night and day.

Maybe she could draw a female face, if she bothered to put in the effort, but she never fucking does, and there is no way she has the consistency to keep it up

Kek

Gurihiru save us.

Deodato save us.

Now hold on, Henderson is bad but she's nowhere near as awful as Deodato.

Hanson having to tell Tumblr that Nancy is NOT a trans woman will never stop cracking me up. It works on so many levels. The artist is forced to admit she's shit at her job, and Tumblr is outed as the judgemental little pricks they really are.

youtube.com/watch?v=62UzLgdb1GQ

Remember that scene near the end of, "Big Trouble in Little China" where one of the storms sees Lo Pan dead and he starts swelling up bigger and bigger and Wang is like, "I DON'T THINK HE'S GONNA STOP!"

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl looks like that.

Okay... here you go

That black guy is actually supposed to be a girl, right?

>That Wonder Woman
MUGIWARA!

very nice

>that signature that was clearly influenced by Adam Hughes' signature

It's almost too perfect of a metaphor. Hughes' "AH!" is of course his initials but the sound can be used to express feelings of exclamation or intense emotion: surprise, amazement or (because his art is oftentimes lewd) arousal.

Henderson signs her work with "EH!" which can describe her initials, but is also used to express apathy, indifference or boredom.

Accurate

>tracing poser models

There's an incomprehensible level of hubris in her doing this. It's almost sad.

Frank Miller?

>I hear the Beach Boys when I see this. They are all screaming and in hell

Don't worry, Brian Wilson hears that sound every day. Quite literally.

>This is official Marvel art

So some cuck at the AV club actually likes this shit. He actually got paid to write this.

>Henderson is nominated for a Best Penciller/Inker Eisner Award this year for her work on The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl and Archie’s Jughead, and her remarkable work on both titles has sent her skyrocketing up the ranks of comics artists. Henderson is the total package: she has a firm handle on facial expressions and body language, a detailed and diverse design sensibility, and is equally skilled with bombastic spectacle and intimate character moments. All of these strengths can be seen in her artwork in The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #9: The issue begins with a quiet, increasingly awkward conversation between Squirrel Girl and Mole Man, builds to a dynamic action sequence pitting Squirrel Girl and Koi Boi against a horde of Moloids, and ends with Doreen and Nancy strolling through the streets of New York City to discover that Mole Man has sunk the Empire State Building 1,240 feet underground.
Wow, this art style could actually be salvaged if someone knew how to draw faces came in and properly set the eyes and mouth in each panel!

I had no idea Guy Fieri was a Marvel superhero too

>Henderson is the total package: she has a firm handle on facial expressions and body language

9/10

The "racist" caricatures get the point of the criticism across well, but it would have been funnier if they drew the black friend like a burly black dude to make fun of the time Tumblr thought that character was trans, and it just turns out EH is shitty at art.

>Wow, this art style could actually be salvaged if someone knew how to draw faces came in and properly set the eyes and mouth in each panel!

>Me implying just the faces are wrong with the art

JK she can't draw bodies at rest action either.

>Henderson is the total package: she has a firm handle on facial expressions and body language

Body language
Faces

Squirrel Girl with big lips? Here ya go, pals.

What is this supposed to be?

super deepthroat is a dick sucking simulator thats highly mod friendly. that image would give the girl SGs hair

>the AV club
What were you expecting

kek
it works, thank you!

On bizarro Sup Forums. But I always see nothing but hate for her here.

hate boner my man

>He doesn't understand sarcasm

>wasting time on reading squirrel girl
>not reading enjoyably cringy Patsy Walker aka Hellcat
Maybe you should consider killing yourselves?

WTF are you talking about. The Kate Leths or whoever have nominated her for an Eisner for her art.

Deodato never was considered for an Eisner.

I think new Squirrel Girl is cute.

Leth nominated her for great ass and thighs award.

>patriarchy-crushing thighs

>its a kate leth thinks she's thicc issue

Top right doesn't look bad. If she could keep at that quality, I wouldn't have an issue.

it's amazing what a huge difference properly drawn pupils make

i really wish she'd drop the soulless dots

>Objectification and sexualizing is bad
>Except when I do it

Does anyone have a link to that Ryan North rant defending Squirrel Girl?

Nigger when someone says "QUALITY" it means bad

Yeah, it changes something in her.

Look up the dictionary definition of the word Sarcasm.

Why is the Hood on the cover? Does he have so connection to SG?

So.

Like, no idea that the art is very static and flat and just...bad? Like, even if the art was good, the actual layouts and posing is terrible.

That's Wiccan

I hate the dots, they make them look less like eyes and more like weird fleshy protrubences

She can't draw face so just put a hooded guy to fill the spot?

its not even a hood really.

>Downs
ftfy

Squirrel Girl is literally uglier than the Moleoids there.

Something weird

and unknown.

As someone who is a fan of artists such as Becky Cloonan and Amanda Conner this Triggers me.

I still have issues with her cheeks, not because "oh i just hate fatties" it just doesn't look good/fit her I guess. Other than that good work, I hate all those unnecessary lines of "detail"

Holy shit she's adorable.

This is drawn better than SG at least.

I did this edit a while back.

i really do

DELETE THIS

>her mouth does that same stupid shit as the comic

found the problem.

That sounds like a pain.
I'd rather not.