Endtown: 712016

Like a mystery
A series of noir books
One dick then another

So close I'm surprised they didn't have to pay for his likeness.

Are you ready for mister Duckdick?

>Howard

Great now I'm reading his lines with his voice

Trash thread is still up, just saying...

>Are trying to get us all killed

huh, didn't noticed that...

It's okay, Doc is tired, busy day. Grammar is the least of his worries.

Do you...feel in charge?

Tell me about the Duck, why does he smoke?

Mallard: The early years

Every duck we saw so far has been a Disney duck character. This guy however has unusual human-like proportions.

He's more Howard than Donald

Bets on that his name starts with a D?

Richard.

>A Red Bowtie

in case there was any doubt...

>"Don't worry guys, we have finally bring the beers"

anyone have that pic of Professor Mallard's original design? He's standing next to a duck almost identical to the guy in today's strip.

Is it...is it time to write off this comic?

Look at his personal page, there's the pic along with other designs but let me tell you that those two ducks doesn't look like the same. Heh, Aaron seems to have the same messy hair that Al.

What you mean?

Dude. This arc sucks. I may be in the minority here, but so far it has been dreadful.

i wouldn't say it sucks, but it's definitely not as good as unity or the milk trial for sure...

Why? Because Holly is the center?

No because the way he is telling this part of the story is just so dry. These coincidences are a big part of it. Oh hi Marx. Oh, hi professor. It doesn't flow well.

Agreed

aw, come on... just because the guy is not enjoying the arc doesn't mean he's attacking your waifu, why you waifufags get all defensive all the time?

I feel like this flashback is dragging a bit.

We need Wally and Kirby giving some MST3K commentary while watching Ditto-Vision.

Oh I see, but I wouldn't say that it sucks. For me this arc has been good, but no like the other arcs because ineeded, this arc has a lot of problems between the way of how Wally and Co appear and disappear for the convenience of the story, the idea of the buddibombs it's not that believable and it also highlight a problem that the comic has in general: many things or plots resolve or happen by mere coincedence

Now the Marx thing is probably right, but there's no way this is Mallard. If we're going by looks, the clothes and hair are wrong, and he doesn't have the glasses. I'd assume Mallard always looked at least a little like he did, but the only similarities here are that he's the same species, and this new guy claims to be in charge.

Fuck, this was for

It would have helped If he has explained himself with his first post

it would, but assuming outright that he hates the arc because of holly is pretty stupid and reeks if waifufaggotry, would have asked why instead...

I think the biggest and most correct thing you hit on was one word. Convenience.

There is no doubt in my mind this isn't Mallard. The hair, the eccentric mannerisms. And, of course, it would make sense in the realm of Aaron's writing.

>I feel like this flashback is dragging a bit.
I have no idea why Aaron keeps sticking to the shitty 4 panel format.
The arc isn't even that bad, it's the format that is awful.

i don't understand why people think this is mallard... He's not the only duck on the universe, and also he was a scientist for apex so we will probably see him with an uniform at the very least.

he's been doing it for years, and it worked fine when he used to update 5 times a day, hell, this arc would be done if he could still update properly... still, i rather have 3 updates a week than dead Aaron and no comic.

>i don't understand why people think this is mallard
>Guys that totally isn't Marx in cat form trust me
>it actually is marx

C'mon dude. It was like, just in the last couple of panels. How can you forget that.

>5 times a day
i meant a week

except this duck looks and acts nothing like Mallard? the only similarity is that he's a duck.

Yeah, I feel the ditto vision is dragging on a bit and has become a bit of a writing crutch (much as the dittos in general have), forgetting its own rules in the process.

Honestly, at this point I'm thinking it would have been a good idea to keep it about Holly, just to show what she went through up to the restaurant, then keep the Endtown exposition for a later flashback or story from Doc, possibly at the end of the arc.

It actually does look like him. Same hair, same mannerisms. That IS Mallard.

Well I don't doubt that there's people who hate this arc for that only reason, but yeah, maybe I take conclusions to quickly. My sincerely apologies to that user.

>Same hair

crap, forgot to add "of he doesn't shut up..."

Wouldn't say it sucks, but it has been pretty meh. Also I hardly feel any more sympathetic towards Holly. Which was the point to this arc.

>if

I don't have much of a problem with this arc. Sometimes Endtown is better in piecemeal updates because HAPPENINGS build suspense, like Holly's transformation/baby and Unity burning down.

Other times it's better read in chunks. This is just one of those other times.

>many things or plots resolve or happen by mere coincedence
Well that's sort of because the Deus Ex Marxina. Endtown's constantly under tampering by cosmic entities.

I'm not taking a position on whether or not it's Mallard, but keep in mind he basically kept Endtown together for the last half a decade

You ever seen Presidents of the United States before and after their terms? Time and stress age you like a motherfucker.

>Which was the point to this arc.

Actually it isn't, didn't Aaron say that the Arc was about "Life choices and consequences"?, that had nothing to do with fixing a problem or redeeming anyone.

The only problem I have with this Arc is that the pacing slowed way down when we switched to Holly's point of view. Before that things were rocketing along from dramatic moment to dramatic moment.

found it.

>The arc isn't even that bad, it's the format that is awful.
It really seems that the format is fucking him over for this arc, you can see that here he try to make the sequences more "cinematic"? But then the 4 panel cuts him off.

>Honestly, at this point I'm thinking it would have been a good idea to keep it about Holly
Well, in the beginning it really seemed that it was about her, but then Doc takes control and you start asking to yourself: Who's the backstory? It's like Aaron told himself: "now we have Doc, why don't kill two birds with one stone and make it about him too?" the problem is that this makes the arc more long that it should be and it becomes really overwhelming.

Aaron is obviously taking us to see how Endtown started from a place in the sewers. y'know, the massive stream of water under the bridges and that big grating at the end? that's what remains of the sewers? where does the water go and come from? HMMMM....

Don't forget that Endtown is a mile or two underground, though. And it's implied to have been pre-built, not the work of the survivors.

Wow. Is Aaron some kind of pseudo intellectual with a god complex? He isn't as smart as he thinks he is.

I was about to say the same exact fucking thing.

>pre-built

by flask

literally nothing wrong.

This really sums the purpose of this arc: It just about telling what happened to Holly besides establish some other concepts. Whatever conclusions you reach are entirely in your way to see the situation.

There was never an issue thinking that Flask did anything wrong.

>And Chic is going to need some real parental guidance...and probably years of therapy, poor kid.
You have a way to fall Chic...

watching holly's bloody papilla must have scarred him for life.

What do you mea-
>Soapbox Wally, who just has disappeared now
>-Another- ditto flashback
>We know Chase and Holly live already!
>It's taken them a month to cross the fucking street.

Yeah, it's not the best arc. I think the arc will pick up if not soon then in the next arc.

All the shit that he has seen in this arc (plus, whatever that is to come) would make the conversations with his therapist really interesting.

I think this arc it one of those that reads better once that it's over and without having to wait for updates.

If he was Mallard it would explain why Doc doesn't get along with him later.

someone screencap this idiot for when the ducks actual name is dropped

does mallard actually gets along with anyone???

There's someone: himself

Screencap this

LUCRANIANS

They are the dinkleberg of these threads

If that's mallard then he aged badly in five years.

Maybe smoking really fucked him up

Holy shit, how can people think this is mallard?

DUDE, we are getting three updates a week. However consistent that might be, its stil only 12 little windows for 7 days. You can thoroughly digest all of the information got from that in about 2 minutes. 2 minutes of around 5000 you spend awake every week. It used to be 5 pages and it almost fucking killed Aaron.

The point is, we all probably bingeread this entire thing at some point two years ago, up to the boiling point of the Unity arc.

Try to look at it from this perspective, had the Milk trial arc needed to use the same format and move at the same pace as this one, people would probably give it some shit. Maybe not, maybe yes. The thing is, in hindsight, after reading that whole thing at our own paces we can all agree how fucking good and well paced that whole part is.

All im saying is, give this arc time it needs and observe it from another, less instant perspective. Understand that quality pacing requires more than frantic, hyperactive emotional rollercoasting from one extreme to another. You cant know the highs without lows and vice-versa.

I personally have a lot of faith in Aaron, but I also disagree with many, MANY views and points you guys make about the strip. Mainly the everlasting notion this niche fandom has regarding realism, harsh drama, depression, naturalism and their paramaout role as the cornerstone of the strip, rather than an important, but not so crucial pillar.

You all fuckers should sulk less, get outside more.

Al. Remember how he rushed to save him from Flask's introductory power trip?

>up to the boiling point of the Unity arc.

More like broiling point.

i do, remember when Gustine had to break his door down to so he could listen to them?

Mallard while is a prick, he's definitely not a monster and that's why he saved him.

I get your point, all the arcs have high and low points and seems that we are watching the low ones; it just needs time to pick up again. But the having to wait for updates make this feel moere long that it is. After all Endtown is a webcomic, and like all the other webcomics it's better once that is finished.

Hey CARPGAnon, did you write up that summary?

>Deus Ex Marxina.
This is amusing.

Go pound sand

nah, i would pound Farx though...

Too bad because he's dead just joking, everyone knows that he's still alive

It's been fine, I like seeing the world pre-apocalypse. Looking forward to seeing the first mutie societies too.

Given how Walt describes the first years of Endtown, I said that it's going to be a clusterfuck of psychopaths furries

Your adjective noun agreement is incorrect.

Bump.

But we're not discussing nothing.

So... we *are* discussing *something*?

yeah, arc has been pretty slow, not much to discuss unfortunately.

Great that voice is stuck now. Thanks fucker.

Not slow, just that things "calmed down" a little and the characters are not doing so much besides talking.

i don't know, i do feel like stuff is slowing down, the human holly sequence, even with all the wally and kirbee commentary, felt a lot more fast paced.

Yeah, but at that time people was also excited to see how Holly lost the baby and that contributed a little with everyone speculating how it would be. Even then, the scene of the escape in the car and the cafe still felt somehow "fast"

Could it be because there was a lot less coherent dialogue in those sections?

well, i am seriously looking forward to seeing day one endtowners at pep stadium... i am seriously hoping to see Allie once more...

I have a sneaking suspicion that might be off the table and reserved for Walt and Dottie's arc, now that it looks like Holly and Doc might have been directed straight to some kind of "underground railroad".

It could be, specially with Farx, even his actions were hard to tell in the last panel of the first time he appears.

I don't know, but as this flashback goes something tells me that you will have to wait until the switch to Endtown to know what happened

well, we will see more endtowners than just Walt and Dottie, a small cameo would suffice...

i wonder if Aaron is actually working on the pinup calendar, even sporadically...

>Burlesque Allie pinups

i just can't wait...