Why does everyone suddenly started shitting on this movie? i thought it was good

Why does everyone suddenly started shitting on this movie? i thought it was good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Lv5Ag5hR98
youtube.com/watch?v=StTqXEQ2l-Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Directed by 'women'.

Nobody shits on that movie.

The first Matrix is legitimately one of the best movies ever made.

>Familiarity breeds contempt
>Sup Forums is a bunch of contrarians
>It's been copied a lot so it feels cliched

Who? It's top 10 ever.
Do people not remember when this came out?

>It's been copied a lot so it feels cliched
There's virtually nothing original about Matrix 1 to begin with.
>Lewis Carroll
>cyberpunk
>Dark City
>Jesus allegory that makes Narnia's look sophisticated

this is one of the few movies most of Sup Forums agrees to like.
if you talk about the other two,yeah the hate and the shitposting get pretty intense.

Would have been better with Will Smith

I still consider it the Wachowski's best film. Although Bound wasn't that bad either.

Wait WTF a Speed Racer Ghost in the Shell Homage ...

everyone is a contrarian but you.

You'd have to go back thousands of years to find "originality". There's nothing wrong with drawing themes and tropes from previous sources as long as you take it in a different direction. Cyber Jesus is a cool concept in itself.

Most people on this board weren't even conceived when The Matrix came out. They're just being edgy shitlords.

>Most people on this board weren't even conceived when The Matrix came out.

first time I watched the matrix was from vhs. those were the good days.

The Matrix was absolutely mind blowing at the time, nobody ever saw something like it before.

youtube.com/watch?v=4Lv5Ag5hR98

op is looking for this response retard. do you see anyone trashing the matrix? holy fucking shit even if they were learn to accept an different opinion this isn't reddit

>What is bullet-time

It's one of those movies that created a shift after its released.

It's one of the all time great action movies, even it doesn't hold up as well and can get boring, but maybe that's just because of the over saturation.

The Matrix is so awesome, its parodies can be considered straight remakes.

youtube.com/watch?v=StTqXEQ2l-Y

half this faggot board were in nappies when it came out.

Gun wielding bad asses with sunglasses weren't unique to the Matrix or GitS.

Green code isn't unique to the Matrix or GitS because actual computers used to have this weird green color back in the day. Not all of them, but, the green text motif has basis in reality. As such, these two are hardly the only movies to make use of it.

Neither is smashing melons. Picture not related. He wouldn't do anything like that.

Modern Sup Forums is teenagers mostly, they can't remember anything from before maybe 2005.

I remember all of my classmates talking about it in elementary school and our teacher told us to stop watching r rated movies.

fuck off faggot

Gnosis is not original, but still a #good in the world.

>nothing original
>literally redefined the way action movies are shot

Pretty good bait. 8/8.

What about the plugs in the back of the neck?

The Matrix is still a good movie but half the people on this board don't even remember it or don't care about it. They just see the Wachowsi brothers/girls/whatever the fuck they are now, and automatically bash it because muh SJWs.

You liberals need to drop your persecution complex if you're going to discuss anything with anyone outside your hugbox and stop projecting the Sup Forums bogeyman onto any criticism of anything you enjoy.

I'm not a liberal. It's just the stupid shit I've seen.

Jonny mnemonic
Exo Squad.

>Cis male lead
>He's the savior of humanity
>Directed by non-trans directors
>Leaders of new civilization are all male
>Only hetero-normitive romantic relationships
>More than half the cast is white
>Encourages violence
>Edgy music
>Cheesey, over the top fight scenes
>CGI looks dated
>Only one female main character
>Humans for batteries is a ridiculous scientifc concept
>Male power fantasy

Pure, unadulterated shit.

Helmets not data jacks in the neck.

the wachowsitzizki trans sisothers are unoriginal hacks so I'm sure they stole everything they could. they even got sued over stealing the matrix. though it's not necessarily a original idea so that whole thing was retarded.

>I am 18-20 the post

It's well known that they showed VHS tapes of GITS to show people what they were trying to go for.

>concept makes itself no sense
>the movie has no characters and just metaphors throwing bland patterns
>the dialogue is pseudo intellectual garbage with 8th grade philosophy

It's a movie for dumb people from dumb people who are the same guys who post anti capitalistic and anti society claims on their Facebook wall and excuse their shitty grades and their high school drop out with "I'm smart but lazy" and uses completely out of context philosophy and literature quotes so people think they are smart. I have seriously no Idea how this piece of trash became anything more than a "Direct to Video" movie, the only decent scene in the whole movie is the lobby shootout and the shootout itself is ten times worse than Woos church shootout in "The Killer".

You
just
don't
Get it

... what? I can count you 10 movies before the 1990s which made everything better than matrix in every way possible. Just because the US is extremely intolerant if it's come to foreign movies doesn't mean "nobody ever saw something like it before".

Matrix is just the most expensive Asia fanfilm ever made.

I just watched it a few days ago and the "badass" gunfights with the kind of electro numetal fans listen to were a bore and embarassing to watch from the cheesiness.

There's way too much of those and that make it seem like they were trying to reach 2 incompatible publics : gun n run fans and philosophical scifi fans. Both are good but if I'm in the mood for one, I'm probably not for the other.

These days there's a real interest for the latter so if it had been done today I'd bet it would have less fights.

>What is Blade
>What is Full Contact

It was terrible. We finally grew up enough to realize it.

i have no idea. Sup Forums literally has always love and recognized this movie for how truly great it is. bear in mind that its summer though.

i remember my dad taking me to see this in theatres when i was 5 and how cool i thought it was, for years to come even. i was neo for several halloweens.

Speed Racer did it first.

Redpill. Red like the Devil. God said not to eat from the red fruit, redpill reveals the knowledge of evil. Morpheus is Satan and the crew members are his disciples. Neo becomes "Lucifer" the bringer of light. He was in fact tricked into this and could have stayed on God's side by picking the blue pill.

Does it have to be original to be good? It's the best cyberpunk movie made; that counts for something.

It's kinda funny because the Wachoskis are Trans.