ITT; terrible Sci-Fi movies

Bait

plebeian

reddit director of the month with reddits film of the week

trash

This movie was better than most.

Sci-fi movies that aren't action movies are usually pretty good.

>Starts off with a scene full of daughter moments to make us empathize with the main character
I'd didn't enjoy the rest of the movie either, but those first 5 minutes ruined it for me.

mr nobody

star wars
star trek

all of them

Arrival is pleb filter, congratulations

Bonjour réddit!

is this what passes for a critique these days?

>8
reddit

this director is basically a pleb detector, congratulations :/

>Starts off with a scene full of daughter moments to make us empathize with the main character
I liked the movie. But yeah, when they showed her with the daughter I knew that the daughter was going to die.

Who goes first?

The second one...

DUDE
LOVE
LMAO
Nolan is a fucking hack. Only reason to even consider watching this movie is for the effects, and space travel, which are ruined anyway because of muh cold harsh blue filter.
Fucking cocknigger, that limey fagnugget.

I like the design of the ships because the aliens are presumably higher dimensional beings so the smokey chamber is probably some kind of higher dimensional technology that allows them to represent themselves in our physical dimension

Most of the ships parts, particularly the engine, probably exists in a higher dimension so the only part of it that we can see/interact with is just the shell which was probably designed to just protect the smokey meeting room area

fuck off pleb. this was the most novel and realistic depiction of aliens since Interstellar.

Had to be there to set up the twist

>Interstellar
>Aliens

This thread

The twist and shit wasn't amazing but this movie does a subtle little detail that I really liked.

At the end of the film when she sees the entire aliens, the shots of the alien communicating with her flip between the trunk of the creature (which had prior been displayed as the location of it's face under the assumption that it's similar to an octopus) and the human head like "crest" at the top of its body

At first they swap to the crest to make you think "Oh shit they have human like faces" but then it goes back to the trunk. You're left not quite knowing where this things equivalent to a head is which makes it seem all the more alien. If I recall she also continuously swaps between looking at different parts of the alien, just as confused as the audience is.

I just felt that it was a very creative way of making something seem alien.

> hard determinism

> hi murphy im dad lol

But what about the FLAT TIRE

> A woman become attracted to Jeremy Renner

> def. a fantasy film

Be nice to Jeremy, he's had a hard life.

This

Oblivion

I thought it was a solid movie until the end, which was pretty meh.

Wrong

>tfw Abbott is death process

really...

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

2010 is awesome & criminally under rated!

Fucking Kubrickfag

ok OKAY i know these are bait threads but I AM GENUINELY UPSET and im going to bite on this one
you have succeeded in raising my blood pressure you pleb FUCK
explain, please EXPLAIN how this movie is bad
go ahead you MORON i am waiting

>mr nobody
100x unironically this
the fact it has an 8.0 imdb rating pisses me the fuck off
a nonsensical badly paced plot hole driven mess

You and me in the ring OP
No tools allowed, bare fists only
To the death

It looks like one of those inflatable air couches.

Wasted potential : The movie

Even something so simple as not having the time traveling paradox be due to flying through a black hole into a 4 dimensional library and pushing books could've vastly improved it