Black anons, who do you think is a worse representation of black people in sci-fi? Finn or Miles Morales?

Black anons, who do you think is a worse representation of black people in sci-fi? Finn or Miles Morales?

neither Finn or Miles represent black people, you collectivist scum

>black guy is in a movie
>he is representative of the monolith that is black people
>white guy is in a movie
>he's just a character

Neither should be representations for a group of people

Miles is his own guy while Finn was basically Rey's sidekick. Take it how you want

Neither, faggot.

Neither moron
However Finn is a substantially better character than Miles.
Finn doesn't have a creator who is obsessed with his race then lectures others who share the sentiment.

WE

Miles. Miles has no edge or defining characters, other than "I want to be good"; he's bland as wonderbread. Finn looks there is potential for his character, but there remains to be seen in the films.

WUZ

Spuderman

>Miles Morales
>Black

He's puerto rican spider-man you niggas better not forget it, his name ain't Detavarious Johnson, and he actually has good morals

SPIDERS

I question if you're really black.

The race shit that was brought up in Miles book is very relatable imo. You got SJW's treating us like objects instead of people. Niggas want to be themselves and not be a representation their whole race

I literally don't know one black male that liked Finn in TFA

Is the US the only country in the world with black people?

>I literally don't know one black male that liked Finn in TFA
That's a weird conversation to have with other black men
"How do you feel about the black guy in the new Star Wars movie?"

What? He's from New York?

>be black
>like Finn and Miles
>couldn't give a crap about some race agenda propaganda
>just enjoy the characters for who they
Is race that much of a factor when it comes to things in western media nowadays?

Finn.

How is it weird?

Most of us saw the movie and didn't like he's portrayal.
>He was a janitor
>he couldn't fight for shit
>Instantly mesmerized with the white chick which lead to him losing all his agency
>he lost every fight and had to get saved by the white woman

There really wasn't anything cool about the character

I've literally never had black guys railing about Star Wars and Finn being a shitty character, as a black guy. Just an odd very specific topic of discussion

"How do black men feel about Finn from SW"

counterpoint: Finn states he just wants torun away from combat and tgen gleefully slaughters other troopers with a laser sword

Finn

I mean, at least Miles is competent

They would kill him. What he could do?

>Is race that much of a factor when it comes to things in western media nowadays?
It is to black women, which is understandable IMO, since they don't really have an Idris or a Will Smith or even an Anthony Mackie.
The closest thing they do have is Zoe Saldana and they've been a straight up bitch to her the past couple years. Then there's the up-and-coming 'woke' mixed girls like Zoe Kravitz, Tessa Thompson, Zendaya and Amandla that dark skin black women hate for not being black enough.

I see the importance of representation on a psychological level, but I think it's equally important to live your own example-- be the change you want to see and shit, idk.

I thought I was going to hate Finn for this exact reason based on the trailers but he was really the heart of that movie.
I don't care that he wasn't 'giga-nigga'.

You wanted Finn to be Will Smith basically

>gleefully

He was scared shitless against Kylo and was oly agitated by TR8-T0R, The Stormtrooper That Yells "TRAITOR!" into fighting (and losing)

The character doen't have to be a power fantasy to be relatable. Luke wasn't a power fantasy and he gets his ass handed to him enough times throughout the trilogy. In the myriad of complaints internet people have against VII, the characters will always be the one I thoroughly disagree with.

>halle berry
>whoopi goldberg
Probably more

He may have good morals but his Morales are better.

Representation is a cancerous idea, it should fuck right off and people should learn to start relating to people of other races.

Problem solved.

I'm black and I like both characters. Finn more than Miles but Miles is fine.

He's boring for sure, but he has potential especially from his initial ultimate run. I just find it funny that a bunch of white characters are just as much of a mary sue/boring as fuck and they don't get anywhere near as much hate as Miles does. Even other legacy characters like Tim Drake.

>Only whites allowed :)

You have decades of movie history to fall back on if "representation" is that bad for you. Piss off.

Miles because half of his character is either him or another person bringing up the fact that he's black (and hispanic lol).

This hasn't happened to Finn once during the entirety of The Force Awakens.

Nope. I just don't care to see a useless character on screen

Miles.
I mean, Finn didn't do much and was just comedic relief, but Miles' personality begins and ends with
>I'm black Spiderman!

>Miles because half of his character is either him or another person bringing up the fact that he's black (and hispanic lol).
Why is this now a meme on Sup Forums?

Race literally just popped up for the first time in his book like 2 issues ago in his 5 year existence

Not that guy, but great job missing the point

This.

Tim Drake is canonically smarter than Batman for fucks sake

>useless
Didn't he save a pilot that was instrumental in blowing up Death Star 3.0 and lead the assault on the aforementioned just to get his girlfriend back?

Because in his previous books and books he just happened to be in, Miles had no character what so ever.

Now that he's in 616 and people are giving him some slight resemblence of a character, they just go with the "lol he's SpooderGuy, but Black!"

Finn happens to be a guy, who just so happens to be black. Miles happens to be a black, who just so also happens to be a Spider-Man. There's a big difference.

>another "niggers, do you hate niggers too?" thread

>~50 year olds that haven't had a good film in literal decades
I'm sure there are more, but they're inconsequential to the people that care since Hollywood is a revolving door.

Depends on what you mean by niggers m8

>I need characters to look like me in order to appreciate them

Miles committed the fatal mistake of drawing the ire of peterfags.

Viola Davis has been getting a lot exposure recently

>father is from the NY ghetto
>mother is brazilian
>Puerto Rican

fuck off, user.

>I need characters to look like ME in order to appreciate them.

niggers are just black people

Finn is great and one of the best parts of TFA. Miles is a boring character made by Bendis to cater to his fetish

This post right here highlights the problem with the current entertainment industry

source: black user

This desu, I didn't think of Finn as "the black guy" in TFA, he was just the best guy in TFA.

If black people have a problem with that, then holy shit why do they have rights? They must be retarded.

>If black people have a problem with that

Barely do if any. That post talking about in the way white people view characters of different race both inside and out of the entertainment industry.

My niggas. When people stop seeing characters as black ____ we can get good characters. Finn's a good example like that user pointed out

There are way more white people angry about Finn than black people

Unless you think every black man's favorite movie is a Spike Lee joint, then black people have been 'relating' pretty well over the past century.
Hell, martial arts films are pretty much all black hipster baby boomers used to watch, and Bruce Lee was mega idolized by blacks.

'Representation' is literally only a big deal now because white people freak the fuck out about it, SJWs in perpetuity won't shut the fuck up about it, and shit about casting is way more candid now in the 21st century.

Never relized how close to home this was

wew

This is dumb.

If you want to produce art about a certain group, do so, and support those who do.

I'm black, but I cannot imagine how making the use of media into a race issue will help any people of color.

Who said black people, I said people man.

>I question if you're really black.
Why?
>The race shit that was brought up in Miles book is very relatable imo. You got SJW's treating us like objects instead of people. Niggas want to be themselves and not be a representation their whole race
I agree, my point was that Bendis is one of those sjws who treat black people as objects.

That has nothing to do with race though?

It doesn't even annoy me all that much. I honestly just find it ironic that all the feminist blogs and shit that were praising Rey's portrayal didn't say jack shit about how Finn was basically written like the women they always bitch about.

you're the only one making it into a race issue m8

having a black actor in your movie isn't making the movie have a race issue

>itt: white people going "im black and I hate black people"

Miles is being made a legacy character for 2 Peter Parkers, both of which had a substantial portion of the fanbase that didn't overlap, so he has to deal with 2 fanbases, and he's being written by Bendis at the peak of Bendis hate.

You said that in reply to my post which was 100% about black representation.

Even then my point still stands, 'fuck representation' and 'people should learn to relate' are two very conflicting thoughts in this particular social climate.

The people bitching about Idris' casting in the Dark Tower are just as cancerous as people bitching about Iron Fist being white and only one of those people think 'fuck representation'.

The whole point of representation is to mitigate it from being a race issue, it's so that every time a black guy/asian girl/latin guy/etc gets cast for say, I dunno, a new Star Wars movie, there won't be reactionaries trying to boycott it and call it stupid shit like "liberal propoganda" because of the person being cast's skin color and the character can just be a character in a sci-fi movie.

Oh.

blacks should stop being such a monolith compared to every other race in western society

Who gives a shit? Since when are super heroes about race? Why make it about race? Do you think actors in African cinema stress the fact that they're black?

I'm a nigger and I hate black people

Reminder that Stan Lee said that people should make their own characters instead of racebending existing ones.

Stan Lee also likes Miles though

Okay what I mean by representation, is not the actual representation of people in media.

It's this idea of requiring a certain number of people from each race, sex and gender to conform to some kind of imaginary quota.

If you don't believe in that you don't believe in "representation"

Also Iron First has always been white, that was the point of his character.

>the "muh foodstamps" meme is true
And here I thought it's just a few ghetto niggers making everyone look bad.

Miles is a new character in the context of what Stan said.
Thanks though, Sup Forums.

Criminally underrated

You miss the whole point

>The people bitching about Idris' casting in the Dark Tower are just as cancerou
Idris doesn't resemble Clint Eastwood, what exactly is wrong with not race bending characters in media?

No one likes forced representation, that shit is inauthentic. I'm black and I'm not a fan of studios shoehorning in characters just to fill an imaginary quota. It feels like a joke.

What I'd like to see is more directors (who actually have talent and a good story) to make films. Like Rick Famuyiwa, Alejandro González Iñárritu, and others step up and make films with their own unique perspective.

I don't believe in bringing in new black, women directors and just saying fuck it here is our representation go make a movie. But when talking about black characters in comics it does feel cool to have a black character that people care about. Lets be honest, most normies don't know or care about Falcon, Black Panther, or Cyborg. But a (canon) Black Spiderman WILL turn heads.

He's force sensitive, if that makes you feel any better.
Confirmed by script and novelisation.

>But a (canon) Black Spiderman WILL turn heads
Black people can't be Spiderman when there's money involved

>the only non jedi character to use a lightsaber to fight
>only non jedi to fight a sith and he lived
>a good shot on a star craft
>wide eyed and excited for adventure

He was basically the Luke of this movie. Everything you described Luke did in Star Wars, but because he was black you have a problem?

He's used to every black guy in a movie being Terry Crews

>Okay what I mean by representation, is not the actual representation of people in media.
>It's this idea of requiring a certain number of people from each race, sex and gender to conform to some kind of imaginary quota.
>If you don't believe in that you don't believe in "representation"

I don't think any one thinks this that isn't an insane person, why are you strawmanning insane people?
Despite what Sup Forums has told you one expects the cast of every Hollywood blockbuster to look like the Planeteers, what people are coming to expect is checking a box every once in a while that says 'I casted an indian guy in a lead role' or 'I gave a role to this asian girl that could have easily gone to a white girl'.

>Also Iron First has always been white, that was the point of his character.
Thank you?
I'm sure I own more Iron Fist comics than you so I'm well aware but congrats on missing the point.

this sadly is the truth, but then again we are like 20% of the population or some shit.

That's why I'm calling for good directors who don't mind telling a good black story. Like Dope, Black Dynamite, and the Boondocks. There is definitely a demand for someone to tell a story from the black perspective it just doesn't happen. It is what is now, but hopefully things will happen in the future soon.

>Lets be honest, most normies don't know or care about Falcon, Black Panther, or Cyborg. But a (canon) Black Spiderman WILL turn heads.
So why not build these characters up by doing cool shit with them

Normies didn't care about Cap, Iron Man or Thor a few years ago

>losing all his agency
That's kind of how stories work, especially team stories.

You make the characters meet and give them motivation to stick together, and then you snowball it.

>we are like 20% of the population or some shit.
12%, you guys were the only ones who went to see Selma and it got destroyed by American Sniper at the box office

You don't have the spending power to justify a blockbuster, not to mention most blacks don't give a fuck about super heroes and comic books and sheeeeit

American Sniper was better than Selma. And I'm a black guy

I genuinely don't know anyone under 32 that went to see Selma.