Excluding Batman, which superhero has the best villain roster?

Excluding Batman, which superhero has the best villain roster?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GgkQS7q6sT0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Spider-Man.

This. Why do some people consider his rogues gallery to be weak?

Spider-Man, followed by Flash.

Honorable Mention: X-Men.

This

spider-man
the flash

Aquaman's rogues are pretty underrated. Scavenger, Black Manta, Ocean Master, Deep Blue, Hila.

When do you think we are going to see Deep Blue and Hila again?

Fantastic four

I find Batman's to be overrated honestly, but each has their own taste.
As for best villain roster, that definitely goes to The Flash.

Superman

Definitely underrated, as a lot of their villains end up graduating to bigger things. Galactus, Doom, IIRC the Kree and Skrulls, Annihilus, etc all started with the FF

Hellboy.

Really, look at THESE niggas.

Not pictured - whacky head on a jar and ciborg nazis and demons from Hell.

Hellboy for sure

They honestly are. Many of them feel like one-shots. But they always get into other medias, where the fact that you can really do like 3 stories with Ivy is actually helpful.

Flash easily

1. Batman
2. Spider-Man
3. Flash
4. Fantastic Four

Significant drop after that. Then you start to get the ones who have one or a few good villains.

Alright, and what major hero has the WORST primary villain?

Finally. He's got such great ones. Brainiac, Metallo, Parasite. I like a lot of them. Mxyzptlk is great too, but I don't think he counts.

Wonder Woman?

Sounds about right. Speaking of which, who are Green Lantern's villains other than Sinestro? I barely know anything about who he fights.

Spider Man & X-Men.

Because Vulture, Sandman, Hydro Man, Shocker, and fucking Stilt man

He didn't get great villains until the Symbiotes

MOCKING THE SHOCKER.

>Batman
>villain roser

???
Maybe he only has a lot because he kills them, but how do you say they're noteworthy when he kills them so easily?

this is not even a bait.

>Batman
>killing anyone

>Shocker is shit

Fuck off casual.

youtube.com/watch?v=GgkQS7q6sT0

S-Tier
>Spider-Man
>Flash
>Batman

A-Tier
>Fantastic Four
>Superman

B-Tier
>X-Men
>Captain America
>Punisher
>Green Lantern
>Captain Marvel/Shazam

C-Tier
>Daredevil
>Thor
>Wonder Woman
>Aquaman

Everyone Else Tier
>Everyone Else

Black Hand, Parallax, the Red Lanterns, the Manhunters? I dunno, his rouges gallery isn't very memorable

Superman's got a pretty good cast to clash with. The bulk of them are just way underutilized. Honorable mentions go out to Mr. Mxyzptlk and Toyman.

The Relic in the new52 was based.

Iron Man.

Arkillo, Atrocitus, Larfleeze, Black Lanterns

Superman's is too top-heavy. Luthor overshadows everything -- he's practically a supporting character instead of a villain.

Also I don't consider Darkseid a Superman villain but I guess that's just me.

Actually, I think it's more like:

S-Tier
>Spider-Man
>Flash
>Batman

A-Tier
>Fantastic Four
>Superman

B-Tier
>X-Men
>Captain America
>Punisher
>Captain Marvel/Shazam
>Wonder Woman
>Thor
>Avengers

C-Tier
>Doctor Strange
>Daredevil
>Green Lantern
>Aquaman

Everyone Else Tier
>Everyone Else

What is this from? I only made it up to The Dead atm.

I disagree

S-Tier
>Batman
>Spider-Man
>X-Men
>Flash

A-Tier
>Superman
>F4 because of Doom

B-Tier
>Captain America
>Punisher
>Aquaman
>Thor

C-Tier
>Doctor Strange
>Daredevil
>Green Lantern
>WW
>Shazam

Everyone Else Tier
>Everyone Else

Doom Patrol's gallery is pretty underrated.

I'd move X-men up to A-Tier

Mojo, Sauron, Sentinels/Master Mold, Mr. Sinister, Magneto, Nimrod, Blob, Juggernaut, Apocalypse, The Brood, Arcade, Mystique, Shadow King

And the most devious dastardly rogue of all: Man.

I still consider Darkseid a Superman villain but that's only because I'm a 90's baby and my first exposure was during the animated series.

You are right. The problem is Lex, Darkseid, Doomsday and even Bizzaro take up way too much of the spotlight.

I would really like it if Gleason's Superman run gave some exposure to some of the lesser used Rogues, but I know that's not going to happen. They will just invent another villain before they use any of the older ones.

As a Superman fan, he doesn't have a lot of good villains. Luthor is GOAT and Mr Mxy and Bizarro are great characters as well. Phantom zone villains have been utilised well in the past and in modern times too. Doomsday is shit, Parasite was good in STAS but otherwise he's just bland. Metallo and Titano are just okay. Mongul hasn't been relevant since to Superman mythos since long. Darkseid isn't a Superman villain.

Superman isn't a character who's stories have been dependent on the villain. Mostly villains just act as obstacles. Most of his classic stories(silver age, bronze age and ones inspired by it) have been about Superman and friends having an adventure.

In no particular order within the tiers.

S-Tier
>Spider-Man
>Flash
>Batman

A-Tier
>Fantastic Four
>Superman
>X-Men

B-Tier
>Captain America
>Punisher
>Captain Marvel/Shazam
>Thor
>Avengers

C-Tier
>Doctor Strange
>Daredevil
>Green Lantern
>Aquaman
>Wonder Woman

Everyone Else Tier
>Everyone Else

F-Tier
>Iron Man
>Green Arrow

>he doesn't have a lot of good villains

>Lex Luthor
>Biazrro
>Mr. Mxy
>Brainiac
>Metallo
>Livewire
>Parasite
>General Zod

>not good
>not even just in terms of design and dynamic and lore

The guy definitely has a lot more than most heroes, to say the least. People just keep focusing on Lex, Brainiac and Bizarro.

>People who say X-men have good villains

What the fuck,there's Magneto and who else? His Brotherhood is filled with Mystique and the most bland D-listers. The Sentinels are cannon fodder. Apocalypse is the epitome of generic. The various anti-mutant hate groups fail to stand out.

That's why X-men's stories focus on inner team drama more so than villains

their only memorable were Mandarin and Count Vertigo. Jeez they don't have anything but them.

Whiplash

However fun they were in the animated series, Livewire and Parasite are meh in comics, user. Modern Metallo is just a one shot and even he isn't that great. Superman's rogue gallery falls off after the first four or five.

Zatanna
God I hope they get their asses moving on a Rebirth for her or heavily involved her in Hellblazer, I'm kinda miffed at them not resolving Brother NIght escaping from prison so epically. I know Night is pretty much just Black Mask.

shit I didn't mean to post yet

...black mask mixed with some Joker using magic instead of poison or money but he was a fucking awesome badguy

Zatanna's all potential, she would make a great addition to the core 7 Justice Leaguers and deserves an ongoing. It's upsetting to see a watered down version of Constantine steal the spotlight from a deserving Zatanna. Everybody loses in this scenario

maybe we can count him too. Though I coldn't imagine him like Mandarin when I saw Iron Man. Still you are right.

Batman, Flash and Spiderman have the best Rogues.

He is a little lighter now, I know what you mean. I'm catching up on the old run and even though I'm still in 88 I see what you mean already. It's like they took things that work for Zatanna and transferred them over to him, like the whole "I date Normie's because I get them killed" trope. It kind of works, I like him being bi(hope they don't turn him male preference though, that would be too much, 50/50 is perfectly relatable coming from a female preferencing bi male) but it's really not an aspect they should focus heavily on for him.

Having three good villians is better than what 95% of heroes have

Flash's rogues are in their own category above all the rest

FF villains go on to be Marvel Universe villains and thus people don't think of them as FF villains anymore. FF villains are definitely top shelf rogues.

CAN'T date Normie's because I get them killed*
Fuck do I have dyslexia or some shit? Just skipped a key word.

There's Apoc-o-lips, the Morlocks, the Sentinels, Mr. Sinister, Mojo, and the Space Fuckers.

Also, I've always like Sebastian Shaw.

Agreed, all because Kirby/Lee's initial run really fleshed out the Marvel Universe

I really can't buy any of those are "good" villains except for maybe Mister Sinister, who has had maybe one good story

Doesn't flash always comment on how he's stuck with Batman's rejects?
Like didn't Zazz start with Flash but went over to Gotham when they realised he was actually not cheese ball as all fuck?

That seemed like kind of an odd fetish for a hero-type to have.

And the stupidest name this side of Captain Boomerang

Ugh, yeah I don't normally bother correcting typos but that one was bad.

If you don't agree with this at least partially, you're beyond salvation

SS-Tier
>Batman

S-Tier
>Flash
>Spider-Man

A-Tier
>X-Men
>Fantastic Four
>Superman

B-Tier
>Captain America
>Thor
>Punisher

C-Tier
>Wonder Woman
>Doctor Strange
>Captain Marvel/Shazam
>Green Lantern
>Aquaman
>Daredevil

Everyone Else Tier
>Everyone Else

F-Tier
>Iron Man
>Green Arrow

Z-Tier
>Nightwing

I liked a Space Fucker arc or two. I do see your point though, since I can't think of what to call them right now and they blend in with the Kree and all the other fucks in space.

The Sentinels seem to bounce between dangerous and garbage, I agree. Mojo's had some entertaining stuff. I've never liked Apocolips. I still love the Juggernaut, though.

Really, X-Men have rogues that fit into two categories:

1. Good in theory
2. Better in someone else's book.

Zsasz was always a Batman villain to my knowledge, and I've never read Flash say that.

Then you got Wolverine rogues like Lady Deathstrike, Sabretooth, Omega Red, Daken, Silver Samurai

I usually count them under X-Men rogues.

Who the fuck does night wing even fight?
Also I dont know about the new shit, but in my opinion G tier - Deadpool. Only because T-Ray passes on all his excess crappiness to Ajax and Mary.

>Stilt man

>Who the fuck does night wing even fight?

knock-off batman rogues

Three if you count Rogue
*B'dunn'Tss!*

>Shocker
>Vulture, who is probably going to be the big villain of the upcoming movie
>Sandman
>Shit

What I'm saying there are so many rogues that are memorable much like Spiderman and Batman

Can't really say the same for Flash. Sorry I just can't.

Superman, Spider-Man, the Flash, X-Men and the Fantastic Four.

Then you should read more Flash comics.

His villains are extremely well-executed and are genuinely as complex as Batman villains at times, especiall Captain Cold, Reverse Flash and Gorilla Grodd.

He fought Tarantula, but she came out on top.

I wouldn't say Grodd is all that complex, well executed yes but not terribly complex. But I agree with Reverse Flash and Cold. There's also Heat Wave, Mirror Master II, Pied Piper (not really a villain anymore) and even Rainbow Raider when you look beyond his silliness and absurdity.

Flash's rogues gallery gets props for turning a bunch of cheesy relics from the silver age into one of the most closely knit, efficient and realistic groups of comic book super villains in cape comics.

CW Merlyn is pretty GOAT.

he is just anti version of him, man. He has some back story but I think that is all.

It should be against the rules for people to talk about the X-Men if they haven't read Claremont's run.

All 3 A-Tier rogue galleries are seriously underrated. I know they're "A" already but that's how goddamn good they are. Doom, Luthor, Galactus, Magneto, Brainiac, those are some SS-class hitters right there yet you have them under a bunch of animal themed guys and Captain Cold.

>Kraven
>Doc Ock
>Green Goblin
>Shocker
>Sandman
>Vulture
>Lizard
>Black Cat
>Mysterio
>Morbius
>Rhino
>Scorpion
>Chameleon
>Bad

>The Symbiotes
>Good

Look at this, everyone.

This is a shitposter.

Spider-Man's rogues gallery is pretty important though. In the same way that FF's villains would go on to be all-purpose cosmic threats, Spidey's went on to be all-purpose street level threats.

No one's denying that those guys are all good, but the difference between SS/S tier and A tier is that the SS/S tiers have strong main villains with good villains across the board while the A tier has strong main villains with middling villains across the board.

>mocking the shocker

What about that guy who absorbed mutant powers, not like rogue but literally fed off mutants and their life force? I remember him being one of the only decent things about the whole MJ IZ DED OH WAIT NO SHES NOT NOW SHE IS NOW SHES A FUCKING CLONE crap in the 2000s Aluminium Age
Also is she still a clone or what happened if you could give me a short version?

There is a good panel where Batman throws Wally against a wall and is like "If you can't handle your Rogues then I will". Wally then just shits all over batman.

Flash's rogues are basically Batman's rogues if they were campier and much more well-organised/efficient.

One of the best BatBTFO moments, up there with Batman lecturing Wally on teen sidekicks and Wally's response.

Top, Zolomon, Magenta(?), Abra Kadabra, Cobolt Blue, Savitar etc etc

Great examples.

So they're the Adam West rogues with new names.
>Campy as fuck
>Everyone has hench men

Exactly. " im a huge X Fan" says the guy who only read Bendis and Whedon's runs.

Not even close. Very few Flash rogues have henchmen. Grodd has his army but that's really it.

The campiness ties into their theme though. The Rogues don't want to bait out the full powers of the Flash and they know that if they seriously hurt the Flash someone like Superman is going to be on them in an hour.

So they wear pyjamas, call themselves things like Captain Boomerang and engage the Flash in a cat and mouse rather than life and death struggle.

It keeps the books fun and comfy, gives a realistic reason for why Flash doesn't just vibrate through them and allows guys like Thawne to sit on a tier above.

Fuck I love Flash's rogues.