So can we all agree that this is the most pointlessly cruel death in movie history?

So can we all agree that this is the most pointlessly cruel death in movie history?

Did the writers think the audience would cheer for this scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM
youtube.com/watch?v=iVHkAuec3iI
youtu.be/OAe68x3hDh0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I legitimately heard children crying in the theater after that scene. I'm not even joking. One little kid was bawling hard.

It never made sense to me that it would attempt to pick up a 150 lb woman that it could not control when there were hundreds of 50 - 75 lb kids that it could have taken directly to it's nest for a feast

It caught me off guard. At first I thought it was just me but apparently I was not alone after looking around.

It just felt so out of place. I mean, she wasn't some turn of the century British foster parent who kept their kid in an attic crawl space or something.

She was never portrayed badly, she was just doing her job and risked her life to try and help these kids.

The movie is entirely pointless.
No one really learns any valuable lesson. The aunt continues being a shitty aunt. Chris Pratt is still carelessly thrown in. Both of the kids are still retarded.
Literally no reason for it to exist other than the fact that a much better version of it has already been made 20+ years ago.

No.

She kinda deserved it desu.

I am talking about the scene where one of the witches says

"We can't possibley kill all of them" and then she kills her for questioning her.

Movies are full of pointless death.

Ant man also comes to mind.

You mean the guy Yellow Jacket turned into snot and flushed down the toilet?

That one was super fucked up.

>only bad people deserve to die in films
thank you for raising a generation of retards, Harry Potter

>pussies cry about some random character no one gave a shit about getting killed just because she's an attractive woman

white knight nation

I think the popular opinion is that the death was needlessly cruel mostly.

I mean, considering the movie here it was way out of place. Even that dickhead that wanted to train raptors to be soldiers had a less horrifying death scene implications aside.

>muh just world
maybe the director wanted people to know that people don't "deserve" a happy ending just because they haven't done anything wrong yet. shit happens, good people die, life goes on.

Thanks Nu-rassic Park for teaching me life isn't fair

If you understand anything about filmmaking at all you'd understand how stupid you sound.

What point did she die? I'm guessing suffocated in that things stomach

I know that people are getting bored with watching movies where they know exactly what's gonna happen before they've even sat down in the theater.
Fuck this storywriting by numbers bullshit.

what's stupid about it? i dont understand anything about filmmaking

>understanding basic filmmaking
>posting on Sup Forums

Under the Pentagon a former Soldier and Decorated Col. had to shove hands and fingers of kids into his pockets so they wouldn't be swept away in the storm drain beneath the Pentagon after the plane hit. Another kid, twenty five, saved several people and while going back to save more people the building collapsed on him pulverizing him. Life's a shit and then you die horribly. All that matters in the interim is that you tried to be greater than the sum of your parts. You'll most likely fail horribly but that's okay, life is in the trying.

It seemed that way to me too, but now I realized that it was there to show the severity of the situation.

What was weird was how fucking long it dragged on. Like the director got off on how long it took for her to be tortuously killed.

Yeah, or being crushed clawed, even attacked by the panicking creature that was swallowed along with her.

And that nobody was safe. It's kinda like when a tornado hits. Everyone's in danger, even the smallest of us, even the oldest, even the noblest, even the greatest, kindest and most loving of us.

She had the same role as the lawyer in Jurassic Park. If I had to guess I'd wager their deaths occur at the roughly the same timestamp too.

These characters die for no reason besides establishing the uncoordinated, random stakes the main characters face in their bid for survival for the audience.

Yes.

It made me feel weird just watching that.

Disasters are random and chaotic.

>wild animals attack random person because they're hungry
>pointlessly cruel

Is it pointlessly cruel when people die in bear attacks too? So many actual flaws in this movie, but people go for this scene instead? What the fuck is wrong with us?

That scene in Ant-Man is amazing, Corey Stoll does an amazing job in that movie. We barely saw his character, but he felt real and menacing.

Thank you for repeating exactly what that other guy just said.

only the baddies deserve to die painful deaths, don'tcha know? the good ones lie on the floor with a small wound, give a small speech and then roll their eyes. It's how nature intended it.

I know and that's part of the reason the scene where the guy is turned into goop and flushed down the toilet feels so fucked up.

youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM

I know you're joking, but this is unironically what movies have apparently taught many of us.

I distinctly remember the theater bursting out in laughter during that. Truth be told I was more upset that the cute baby Dinosaurs could get hurt. Petting Zoo was awesome youtube.com/watch?v=iVHkAuec3iI

Based on this thread, you're completely correct.

i liked that scene. especially the part after OP's pic in the pool.

the sick minded jews in hollywood lure you into a film using a well known title then insert all manner of the grotesque and perverse knowing full well what they are doing

then he's a shitty director for putting such a jarring and out of place brutal death in this middle of his glorified children's movie

Don't forget the whole divorce subplot never got resolved

Kids need to learn about the world, curler.

i came to this scene desu, women BTFO
youre a wk beta if you got mad that she died

>We need to teach children about gay anal sex, otherwise we're bigoted.

what a nice song

It was
FUN
U
N

And OP is a faggit.

i just resaw the second pirates of the carribean and theres a scene where will is rescued or something be a regular boat, and then it gets crushed by the kraken and will just says something like "i got all these people murdered for nothing" and never cares about it again and right after he sneaks on the flying dutchmen theres this scene showing like six survivors on the deck of the dutchmen and they go "what do we do with them" and he just has them all executed

and rewatching that i was like, thats kind of fucking harsh for a disney movie

Post some Webms of aunty

know thy enemy

>only bad people die violently, good people get the honorable deaths they deserve, always

when i watched it, i didn't hear kids crying. i heard gasps of awe and people started clapping.

I walked out of this movie and this was the only part that made me so much as laugh. OP and mostly everyone in this thread, are faggits.

Bait. The whole fucking movie was completely predictalv garbage. The only thing more predictable than the "story" was the amount of product placement.
In filmmaking everything is deliberate. Every pay off needs a set up, even if it's subtle. The "universe" of the film needs rules so you don't ruin the audience's immersion. So when you're watching this campy shit where the bad guys get punished and the "good guys" win (this movie is such a convoluted mess it's hard to justify anything that happens in it) , it takes you out of the movie when you see a kindhearted nanny get an insanely cruel, elaborate death scene, which would normally be reserved for a bad guy, especially considering the rest of the movie was not as explicitly violent.

>popular opinion

no, it's not. most people enjoyed that scene.

t. sociopath

Then how come none of the main "good guys" got hurt?

Yeah but lots of religious soccer moms post here.

How's this movie? I really liked this song when it first came out on Youtube. I want to get litty with the Rock but don't want to waste my time if it's shit. It just came out on Netflix :^)

fragile plebchild

>goes to a dinosaurs vs humans flick
>gets buttblasted when dinosaurs attack humans

y-y-you okay there?

my girlfriend actually burst into treats the first time we watched it

kek,stop being an overdramatic faggot, a lot of people enjoy gore in movies, but watching that irl it's a different story.

Is this that actress with the cute face but sad mom tits?

snowflakes should be banned

The ol' burst into treats maymay. It's been awhile.

Great soundtrack. Shit movie.
I'd recommend it just to see Tomatoa, best part of the movie by far.

>gf bursts into tears over that scene

no matter what your age is, whether adult, teenage or younger, it's still wrong to have a five-year-old gf

>Tomatoa

is that the new zealand goddess of tomatoes?

>Under the Pentagon a former Soldier and Decorated Col. had to shove hands and fingers of kids into his pockets so they wouldn't be swept away in the storm drain beneath the Pentagon after the plane hit.

wat

yeah that guy wasn't a hero just a necrophiliac or cannibal

Bone Tomahawk
Martyrs

I don't even want to post anything from them

JW is an incredibly shit movie, but this was the point where I shut it off. It was like a damn Mortal Combat finishing move.

It didn't get resolved in JP1 either

am I missing something because of the low res, or does her head just magically turn backwards?

more movies should do it 2bh, then it won't be seen as cruel. then on to kids and babies, each more crueler than the last

No, the New Zealand crab that tried to kill Moana and Maui.

Why would a pterodactyl pick up a human anyway? they ate fish and small things.

There's no way those wings are strong enough to lift a 70kg human

Never forget

>realismfags

I keep hearing about this scene so I finally looked it up just now, what's the big deal? She gets tossed around a little bit and then swallowed whole, it only takes like 30 seconds. That's nothing compared to other fucked up Disney tween movie deaths. Remember the admiral from Pirates of the Caribbean who gets his face tentacle raped by Davey Jones? Or the chef from King Kong who gets slowly digested by a pit of giant carnivorous worms? This is nothing compared to that, does it only trigger you because it's a hot woman instead of a gross man?

I don't know if the way to accomplish that is by just throwing in one random, elaborate death and calling it a day, since that theme is portrayed nowhere else in the film. It felt like one of those deaths out of an Indiana Jones movie, but incompetent and puzzling.

The director made the retarded mistake of treating the dinosaurs in the movie like fanboy movie monsters. The other 3 treated them like incredibly dangerous animals.

The actually expected people to cheer for the dinosaurs like they're kauju, and that why I fucking hated jurassic world.

one was apparently enough to get a reaction.

you guy wouldn't be upset if it was a male. I saw a lot of you adoring her before the movie came out.

I think it's more about fighting back vs just panicking and freaking out like she did the whole time.

This. Winter is a shit-tier season.

Is it an African or European pterodactyl?

Yeah a reaction, I don't know if I really walked away with that in mind as a theme of the movie since all the main characters are standard fair who don't react much themselves at all, though.

>Scene is a weird and fetishistic display of violence in the context of a children's adventure film
>durr I just watched this scene out of context, what's the big deal, feminist agenda bloo bloo bloo

It was kind of over the top and shit on the tone at the time.

They prefer their meal's..............

Bitter.

Throw on sunglasses, YEAH!!!!!!!

the entire of letters from iwo jima

>muh honor

whats the fucking point you crazy nips

you know youre acting this way cuz wominz!

youtu.be/OAe68x3hDh0

The point of the scene was to generate buzz on social media in order. The mean spiritedness of the scene would get people talking, the talk would generate buzz, and the buzz would sell more tickets.