Got the entire BPRD series on a whim

>got the entire BPRD series on a whim
>started reading
>I just finished Plague of Frogs, a couple of days later

It's amazing, are there any other comic book series as good? I mean Jesus, the last few numbers lack HB himself and shit is still gripping.

Other urls found in this thread:

multiversitycomics.com/annotations/mignolaversity-reading-order-2015/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/84075179/#84075179
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'll throw out some similar books I thought were good
Sweet Tooth, Manifest Destiny, Spread

>the last few numbers lack HB himself and shit is still gripping.

Actually the absence of Hellboy is what made this book so good, because that's the only way we coud see how amazing are the other characters

At this point I think I like Abe more than HB himself.

>Manifest Destiny

MUH NEGRO!

Same here, but i really liked hellboy in hell. People say abe is kinda boring and all over the place but i really liked it. Cant wait for the omnibus

Hellboy in Hell is one of the latter ones?

>Abe is boring
What the fuck?

>got the entire BPRD series on a whim
Did you buy physical copies or digital copies, or did you download it?
There is a LOT of BPRD. Maybe more than OG Hellboy.

Download. 5gb torrent. Unfortunately it only goes up to 2009, so I'll have to find everything else on my own. I assume it's gonna be a fucking pain.

Abe Sapien was boring and had some obnoxious characters. It finally appears to be getting to the damn point, though.

Abe has a spin-off?

Yeah. He'll leave the BPRD at some point

Yeah, he had a few one off stories early on, but in the last few years he got a separate spinoff series running concurrently with BPRD. It's a little weak and meandering.

There's an Abe Sapien solo series that's on #34 and ongoing.

But you have a lot to catch up before getting into this one

Oh but Grace was such a wonderful strong character and it was a treat reading about her!

Pls no... but The Garden was an amazing issue. Think its one of my favourite stories from the mignolaverse

>no 34

Yeah, HB just found out about his hand from some weird demon possessed guy where I am ATM. "The Island" is the name of the story. Many more to go...? Did I even reach the halfpoint?

Abe is not boring, some of his solo books are.

I still liked it tho.

Just wait until you get into Iossef and Hell on Earth. If you want to read every single Mignolaverse story, you should check the chronollogical storytime on the Booru. Do you know it?

It depends if you are planning to read everything related to this universe, or just follow some characters or something

I recommend searching for some Reading Order. I personally followed this one (is outdated, but still useful)

>multiversitycomics.com/annotations/mignolaversity-reading-order-2015/

So fat you have an spin off for:

>Abe Sapiens
>BPRD / Hell on Earth
>Edward Grey Whitchfinder
>Frankstein Undergroud
>Lobster Johnson

ALL OF THEM ARE GOOD.

Check and read all of them here:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/84075179/#84075179

I don't know it. Care enough to post it?

I am planning to read the Mignolaverse in its entirety.

>2015
I don't think I'm up to 2000 at this point, so I'm probably going to follow it.

You know exactly what I'm going to ask next for that image...

Literally everyone but best character had a spinoff
RIP Roger

it was suposed to quote

Actually I already had that, some user posted it a couple of days back. Thanks anyway, the torrent guy was actually pretty thorough and they are in perfect order.

For some fucking reason, Lobster Johnson I can't get into. That's been the only weak part of what I've read so far, and I mean I even liked Hellboy Junior ffs

The only thing I can think of on BPRDs level is Planetary. You've probably already read it though.

I haven't actually. I haven't read a comic book in 3 years or more, and when I was reading I was kind of a DCcuck, mostly because of Batman and Superman TAS.

You should really read Planetary once you finish BPRD or need a break from it. It's one of the best comics I've ever read and it has an air of mystery and darkness that, while not as intense, is similar to BPRD.
>Manifest Destiny
wow, I forgot about that completely, time to catch up on it and American Vampire.
You should also check out American Vampire.

The kind of answers I get in this thread make me glad I left Sup Forums a year ago.
Thanks for the recs lads, I'm probably gonna finish BPRD this week the way I'm going through them.

Okay, that sounds normal.
It'd be baffling if you impulse bought physical copies, I don't know what I was thinking.

You should still buy something, show some support. But that's your business.

>nuAbe is replacement Hellboy
OP probably isn't up to that point yet.

>Manifest Destiny

Theres really affordable (given page count) paperback collections of Plague of Frogs, 4 volumes in total, but you could just start picking up the tpb's of BPRD Hell on Earth, thats how i started picking up Hellboy, just a 20$ trade at a time, if you're in the US though you can get them for 10 on IST.

I miss them both

Soviet loli demon is my waifu