JSA Storytime: Punisher 2099

Good evening owls of Sup Forums,

now that's a big gun

Other urls found in this thread:

goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2011/12/20/the-abandoned-an-forsaked-did-punisher-just-shoot-that-litterer/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Happy freedom day

mostly "snoozing and writing" day for me

still gotta write

That may be the paragon 90s cover.

HAPPY AMERICA DAY

since we're reading Punisher

I have today and tomorrow off from work so today was a "accomplish literally nothing" day today

tomorrow may be marginally more productive (but probably not)

Not all of us celebrate freedom day you know. Have some respect.

I DON'T NEED TECH TO PUNISH

lol

this dude likes to hear himself talk

I got called in to deliver pizzas to people too busy celebrating freedom to tip!

I hope they blow themselves up

Man people not tipping on July 4 is some prime bullshit.

man, a holiday is when they should be tipping the MOST

I'm not skipping out on celebrating muh freedoms to drive pizza to your lazy ass because I enjoy it, asshole

It's almost ..UnAmerican

If you're not tipping extra well on a Federal holiday then you are a horrible human being.

I, too, am a veteran of the Great Traffic Wars

OP IS A FAGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

This is YOUR Independence From A Living Wage Day. /billpullman

Hi, you spammy motherfucker

Is that Steve?

>Chief of the Punishment Police

Give him time, friend. That comes later.

>I don't need tech
>I have hate

That whole scenario deserves AT LEAST a mini series.

A bridge over the ocean that devolves into open warfare over traffic jams? That's fantastic!

Punisher 2 has some 40K grade proportions going on.

That sounds like something /tg/ would make a whole goddamn setting about and writefag for it.

We do have now, so there's really no excuse not to go there and make it a thing.

This is straight up out of Pat Mills' Nemesis the Warlock FYI. They really gave him free reign on this comic.

and general styling, yes?

sorry, I'm kind of achy and out of it tonight, and I still gotta do some shit.

>The warlords of the Transatlantic Super Bridge
Don't know if I've ever wanted a comic of something so badly in my life

hah, it did reek of "this is fuckin' cool so I want to reuse it"

Please read Nemesis. It's seriously a landmark comic, and the art gets fucking wild.

>and general styling, yes?
Oh yeah, for sure. Since New Guy started I've been wondering if he ever did any 40Komics back when GW used to do those.
Hmm.
Which reminds me that they reprinted Daemonifuge again, and I may be willing to drop $40 for it.

>Pat Mills' Nemesis the Warlock
ohh, I've seen bits of this before

>Non-2000 AD British comics written by Mills from the eighties onwards include: You Are Maggie Thatcher ("a dole-playing game", with Hunt Emerson, Titan Books, 1987)

I see some sick burns are likely in this

I can't fucking read the text. This lettering is shit.

"Normies Reeeeeeeeee" the character.

>/r9k/ as a supervillain

>Give him time, friend. That comes later.

oh and it'll be so fucking glorious too.
Such a shame that we don't actually see how it ends in his own comic.

FOIL COVER????

It's insane. Hell, if you pin down 40k to one inspiration it's Nemesis the Warlock. The artists change but a lot of the art is really fucked-up and great. The whole thing comes from this idea of sci-fi traffic wars originally, the story starts with Mills' one-shot called "Terror Tube".

Why did an user yesterday say to skip this arc? It's great!

I hate it how there are like 5 missing pages here.

is the scans, or did they cut the ads?

40k is a whole mishmash of sci-fi cliches and 80's British underground excesses and I fucking love it.

>that time the Punisher shot a litterer

goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2011/12/20/the-abandoned-an-forsaked-did-punisher-just-shoot-that-litterer/

Return of Vendetta?!
Finally, the Sex Dungeon will see some Sex Use again.

i love that dumb 25

Jake's Chest Skull is way easier to lose in shadow's than Frank's.

errrrr

Well, thanks, Tato. I hope you bothered to include the Bullpen Bulletin and letter page.

Cause the concept is lame as fuck. The dude has bad luck powers, whoop dee fucking doo.

And it pales in comparison to the next villain, a hypnotist who wants to die cause he'll reincarnate as a god, so Jake's response is to kill his soul with a Large Hadron Collider.

and THAT is the over-the-top crap that Punisher 2099 is about, not high tech bad luck powers.

If you read it, you can see that some pages are clearly missing.

>the comic is not about what it is actually about
Why limit yourself?

huh

It's still cultural appropriation if you're black, right?

It was Spawn with the powers of the Scarlet Witch and nonstop boring as fuck banter.

There's nothing over the top about that.

It's average at best; the only good moments are the Punisher 2099 #2 mention, and the usual "I DON'T NEED TECH, I HAVE HATE" speech.

NECROCUMULATORS

Yes

>SIXIS happened like two decades early

>NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Jake has a funny sense of humour.

Something must have been frustrating Mills's day-to-day life in the months he wrote these.

>Burden of Karma

Did this guy forget which kind of Indian he was pretending to be?

wow that's a pretty mean hooker joke.

Poor Matt.

PERFECT TIME FOR A PRANK.

We'll bring you some freedom some day, you lovely commie bastard, you.

Wow, I drove out to pick up pizza and STILL tipped.

that's some top-notch Jake dickery, innit

More evidence Public Eye are total shits.

it's so fucking hot here, and yet it's not as bad as it could be :(

>even the writer has forgotten the word grenazer
RIP

Gonna get a lot of use out of this one.

hah, that's perfect--crop it right and it's a Sup Forums banner

i-it's still a doggus :(

Jake isn't all that much more sympathetic than the cybernetic killing machine pup, yea.

well, that's one way to approach incipient PUNISHMENT

It's a weird trait of humanity that we can tolerate violence done to fellow humans easier than if it was done to an animal.

Wait a minute, this is part two, and...oh, whatever, let's just roll with it

So he DID survive getting mobbed by a bunch of peons.

Is the word ENEMY part of his jacket?

Oh shit, it's Rob Liefeld's Smash!™