What did Sup Forums think of this?

What did Sup Forums think of this?

I thought it was way too fucking weird and depressing

The ending didn't make much sense. It had the mood of a happy ending but most of them died and they couldn't reproduce in any way.
I liked it overall though.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."
That's the one thing I remembered about it, and it turned out to be a fucking Star Trek quote.

I liked it enough. Was pretty good throughout if you can get over the whole terminator feeling. That one scene where the chroniclers were recording 9's data gave me a weird boner though and i do not know why.

It's really stretched out and you can see the ending coming a mile away.

2009 was a strange year for Sup Forums things
> this
> x-men origins
> no mcu movie
> no good dc movie
> monsters vs aliens
> fanboy amd chum chum
>Bayformers 2: electric Boogaloo

Love it, though that's not a popular opinion. The endings very somber and isn't what I'd call a satisfying conclusion given how weird it is, but I can appreciate that the journey to it was grand in scape and purpose. The characters were diverse in personality and contributed to what was happening in different ways and I adore the creepy stitchpunk mutilated-machinery aesthetic the film had. I'm also a sucker for worlds that sort of combine sorcery/fantasy elements with science fiction, and the film being marketed as 'not for kids' was something I could appreciate if for sheer nerve alone. It was a good shot about trying to get western animation into its big boy trousers.

The imagery was the best thing about it, everything else about the movie was forgettable, not bad mind you, just forgettable.

It didn't go weird and somber enough in my opinion.

I didn't like that the main charcter could speak and the group infighting seemed pointless. The ending was dumb too, should have been more open ended and less positive feeling. I would have preferred it to be more like the original short.

Don't forget the dark age of CN

Oh, shit, I actually watched this yesterday. I remembered I didn't like it when it came out, but this time I thought it was pretty good. The animation, the characters and the production design are all great, I especially loved the many silent moments it had.

That being said, at times the render did feel a little dated, or unfinished. Also, way too long. The third act was especially tiring.

7 a best.

it would have made for a better tv show then a movie

Dat Jenifer Connolly

The first animated movie i requested my parents take me to. The trailers were too hype.

I regret it

I have a weird personal issue with plots where the central crisis is entirely the protagonists fault, and this movie was the apotheosis of that structure. Like, if i recall correctly, the life force of the planet was restored or something at the end, but everyone was dead because 9 reactivated that factory thingie.

The original short was dope though.

5 was cute

I don't understand who shut down the factory thingy?
I remember that the villains plan doesn't make a great deal of sense.

It looked great- I wish unique things like this would become popular.

Boring and forgettable.

disappointing and doesn't make sense

Interesting designs, but worked better as a short with no dialogue.

I had gathered that the fabrication machine ran on human souls, and that it had "run out of gas" so to speak until 9 reactivated it.

Also, 6 a best.