/lbg/ - Letterboxd General

prev: >Not sure what letterboxd is all about?
The mission of /lbg/ is to promote the intelligent discussion of film as art by providing members with opportunities for intellectual discussion, by recognizing patrician taste through examinations and by calling out embryos as they arise.

>Directions for use
Post profiles and discuss what you have recently watched, if you dare.

>Haven't got an account? Follow this link and sign up today!
www.letterboxd.com

>News
user becomes PUNQ user writes machill tribute song and makes a horrid mistake Megaautist and/or Robertsfan gets banned
New meme: Maybe this appeals to someone not in heals...
Bruce Melvin rigs poll Sup Forums raids general user intimidated by 16 year old girl Hungry user unable to eat his favorite food Use as a link to find the /lbg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Patricians occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>Patricians may pretend to be normal users asking for recommendations and when you recommend something, they laugh at you for your plebian taste
>This is a thread for patrician purposes only don't offer or expect frivolous discussion.

>QotT
y u so pleeeeeeeb

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/76875268/#76891266
strawpoll.me/13269422
m.youtube.com/watch?v=oyebotw9VIw
letterboxd.com/Tracer/
letterboxd.com/steakbro/
youtube.com/watch?v=SDo1617aXX4
letterboxd.com/brenx923/
letterboxd.com/ThumbHead/
letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/
letterboxd.com/PadLock/
letterboxd.com/jaklukesharp/
letterboxd.com/tsar/list/top-100-short-films/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nice.

Please make your voice heard in an important referendum regarding /lbg/'s future.

ww.strawpoll.me/13269422

transformers SUCKS man...
producers only care about MONEY man...

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/76875268/#76891266
What did he mean by this?

>megaautist gets banned
>thread suddenly has 0 discussion of movies and is just retarded shitposting

Hmmm.........really makes you think.............huh

it's almost like everyone who wanted to talk about movies was driven away by his constant autistic shitposting

strawpoll.me/13269422

m.youtube.com/watch?v=oyebotw9VIw

john wick 2 is KINO

letterboxd.com/ReneEsquerra/

>Rene
watch the Mexican flick Father Never Bothered

>DISLIKE jews/liberal agenda
>>>r/TheRedPill

letterboxd.com/Tracer/

I need some patricians to follow

Racist please go. Mexicans like Rene built this country!!!

letterboxd.com/steakbro/

youtube.com/watch?v=SDo1617aXX4

hoo hoo
ha ha
hee hee

i sincerely doubt that

dogshit > steakbryo

>Hidden Figures
>1 star

Fucking racist misogynist bigot

letterboxd.com/brenx923/

steakbryo < dogshit

don't get me started on this shit

unironically the worst movie i saw in theaters last year, and i saw Suicide Squad in theaters last year

looks like trash, pleb.

watch it anyways

redpill me on Certain Women

are you asking me to explain why it's good

Thanks.

Ametica #1

no, but yes

holy shit are you fucking retarded? first time on the internet or what the fuck?

#1 at SUCKING

Hi, I'm Pete, the retarded cat. Wanna talk about movies?

i don't speak meme

looks like jacob except with a normal human weight

should I give it the ol' good play or not?
why is it one of your favorites?

Yes, I'm really curious to know why someone who has watched almost 1300 movies thinks that movie is one of the best he's ever seen.

Seriously, what is that thing?

My cat (he's retarded?)

You have to go back

right, sure. it's sort of hard to express exactly what i love about that film, because it's something a little intangible, or between the lines, but i can try. basically, Reichardt uses the three-act structure to explore visual storytelling techniques she's applied previously in her career. it progressively emphasizes these techniques over dialogue/clear narrative progression in each act, with the first being driven by exposition and the third featuring very little dialogue at all. there's also the fact that i'm just a huge fan of her aesthetic and tone - the sort of midwest melancholy which permeates everything she's made. i wouldn't expect most people to love it as much as i do.

really, i don't recommend watching it if you haven't seen any of her other films. she's a director who gains a lot from being viewed chronologically, lots of very clear thematic throughlines and ideas present. you can skip River of Grass, though.

you say that like 1300 is a lot lol

woah steakbro sounds really smart

It is if you're not a fucking NEET loser lmao

gib followers please
letterboxd.com/ThumbHead/

Can you elaborate more on what you didnt like about Akira?
I see that Orson Welles Othello is on your watchlist. Get hype because its easily the best Othello adaptation, and one of the all time great Shakespeare movies.

>Othello
good to hear. i remember his Macbeth adaptation being something of a mixed bag, but it's been several years since i've seen it.

>Can you elaborate more on what you didnt like about Akira?

I just felt like the characters, plot, and setting weren't explored nearly as much as it was in the manga. I loved the manga's cyberpunk settings and how it went into detail on the different factions and just the overall world building. The movie captured some of those elements but I just felt it lacking on the details (which is somewhat understandable given the length). The characters were also wholly uninteresting in the movie for the most part which made the climax very unsatisfying for me.

Maybe it's dumb of me to compare it so much to the manga but I can't help it since I did read it first.

With Shakespeare adaptations i find that any version with Laurence Olivier or Kenneth Branagh is going to be the best, but not with Othello. Welles is far better than Olivier in this role.
Call me a pleb but i actually think the recent Macbeth adaptation with Fassbender and Cotillard is the best adaptation. Even better than Polanski

I was just curious because ive never read the manga so I guess i didnt have as much to be disappointed about.

i actually agree with that. even better than Throne of Blood, imo. haven't seen Polanski's Macbeth, though. i think Justin Kurzel is an incredibly talented and creative director, and i'll be very disappointed if the critical/commercial reception of his Assassin's Creed film causes his career to stall out.

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

Original name.

linky g stopping by to say hey

Certain Women is maximum rural comfyness :3

fuck off pedophile freak

found cuckboy linky g

how do i get rid of my blackheads??

hey homie

steel wool and bleach

Oh ... Okay ...

plz be my internet friend and leave a follow

letterboxd.com/PadLock/

RIP kagsmagnus

;_;

AMAZING how people keep voting in my favor even though I'm the boogeyman for all shitposts on here

you're the boogeyman because of all that damn crap up your nose!

as someone who has been picked on for such things in second grade this haunts me

do you know what haunts me pal? Those damn boogers in your damn nostrils!!

This face haunts me
(jk she's still super cute and nice 90% of the time)

S U P E R
C U T E

i fucking hate letterboxd

I fucking hate you all.

90% of the time? Try 100%

whadda qt patootie

SQUIDWARD...
"Likes Roberts more than Emily!"

AND ROBERTS IS A DIRTY, STINKY, ROTTEN FRIEND STEALER!

letterboxd.com/jaklukesharp/

Quite the snot locker on me

LUIGI vs. DONALD DUCK
Which side are you on???!

Once this girl told me that Donald Duck was unironically her favorite character like from all media ever and she had all sorts of Donald Duck content

I shit on ducks

wghat the fuck

I shit on Synt

Subscribe to Disabled Comments or get shit on.

Haha faggot.

>from america's next great director to owner of a failed youtube channel
what happened to healey?

Wow ok thanks david lynch. i loved this even though i don't completely grasp every part of it. also i watched this at 2 am so why dream in real life when you can watch this dream masterpiece.

he should not have deleted that intro vid
he should keep it to motivate people to subscribe as people don't like being shit on

Recently saw Dogville, instantly went up to my (currently) favorite movie.
Let's talk about how awesome it is
Don't say anything about the other movies from von Trier tho, currently downloading Antichrist and Melancholia, the latter I've seen before but I forgot everything

I wonder what Mr. Chinese Doggy thinks of Dogville

I could have watched a feature-length movie in that time I spent waiting around my house
-cryen emma in beanie pincter-

letterboxd.com/tsar/list/top-100-short-films/

Is this the best list on Letterboxd?

letterboxd.com/27AMDi34/

>avant-garde
>short form
>nonobjective
>verse-film
>structuralism
>video art