PB did everything wrong, and that's great

Alright Sup Forums, I only ever see two different kinds of posts involving PB three kinds, if you count the lewds : posts saying she's an evil tyrant, and the worst part of the show, or posts defending her, saying she's just "misunderstood" or some such crap.

Am I the only one here who thought her being a psychopathic dictator was the most entertaining part of her character? I mean, she's definitely done some evil shit, but I just can't help but love the "candyland meets 1984 meets frankenstein" system she's got going. And I'm kind of sad that they're trying to redeem her in the show. I liked seeing someone who might otherwise be a stereotypical candy monarch get up to some fucked up shit.

Does anyone agree with me? If not, what do you like about her, or what is it about her evil shenanigans that makes you not like her?

She could have autism

>Am I the only one here who thought her being a psychopathic dictator
The way I see it, she's more of an overprotective mom.

And marceline is the rebellious teen daughter or something?

Marceline's more like a Yin to PB's Yang.
Marceline seems like a monster on the surface, but if you take a closer look at her past she becomes more human. PB looks cutesy on the surface but becomes more monstrous when you look at her actions.

Pb was made from shit that's why

If a single mom wants to go out and hang with their friends, they find someone to take care of their kids. PB doesn't have anyone like that, and Marceline is bummed that they don't hang out as much.

I don't care. I stopped watching this show a year ago. Shipping garbage plus constantly reverting back to status quo killed it for me.

Yeah, I was really looking forward to Finn getting his robot arm. Really pissed me off.

I have been looking into the archives to see how Sup Forums reacted memorable moments in older episodes. From what I saw, no one denied the preposition that how Bonnibel acted was in good faith. You guys just shat on her as a meme, then fuel yourselves with her past doings misrepresenting what her goals even were. What is just as retarded is using the
"All Your Fault" titlecard, because in that episode LG was just being an autist. If PB was really as evil as so many claim, she would have disassembled him. Did she? No. She even tried to teach him, despite being a failed experiment. Your post is just a massive strawman, Frankenstein? What? Creating life is the only thing relatable to that, you might as well tell a Christian God is Frankenstein with that logic. She isn't evil, she does what she knows will have the best outcome, not for her, but for the greater good of her people.

>Marceline is bummed they don't talk as much
I guess the eight episode mini-series, two different episodes of them hanging out, and that still isn't enough for you? That is entirely wrong, and no where in the show, in season 7 specifically, does Marceline even show signs of remorse due to a lack of interaction.

>"WAHH FINN DIDN'T GET A ROBOT ARM"
Oh buck up. It's not like it is going to be a major plot element, except in like one episode. Finn's arm isn't even his real one, it's the grass sword. What I think you guys should be more pissed about the fact that they still haven't explained what happened to the Finn sword. Is the grass sword fused with it? What?

>no one denied
Forgot what I was typing, that should be the inverse. No one brought up. It seems like this was a widely accepted belief, until I joined the circle-jerk.

>I like to make shit up for the lolz
Marceline isn't scary, the only ones that fear her are ignorant. For example, Jake. Marceline is a threat to no one, or at least does a great job at not making herself one. She is chaotic neutral. Marceline's first appearance was the third produced episode of the entire show. She has changed very much from how she used to be. She was pitched as a mysterious rock girl, but the writers wanted to have continuity and lore, nothing wrong with that either, they did well at it. Bonnibel isn't a monster, she has a dark-side, and so does Jake. It's just something in their personalities. I see no one claiming Jake as a monster. I fail to understand where this totalitarian meme came from, she let KOO usurp her throne through an election. She only came back because the Candy People wanted her back. Also dictatorships usually use millitary force. When does Bonnibel use her millitary to control her citizens' lives?

Your mom must have been pretty weird if a woman who eats her creations seems "overprotective."

They're made out of fucking candy.

I actually think her character is genius. Her concept makes her look like she'd be the standard damsel in distress Princess Peach archetype, but instead she's actually an evil dictator. Well, more like a well-intentioned "muh science" tyrant, but closer to the archetype of the coldly rational dictator of a post-apocalyptic dystopia than anything. Some people here don't understand that bad people aren't the same thing as bad characters. And yes I know PB is more ambiguous, just saying.

>Marceline isn't scary, the only ones that fear her are ignorant.
That was literally my exact point. She seems like a monster when taken at face value.

As for Bonnibel, the writers did the KOO thing so they would have a chance to recreate her character by starting her out from the bottom in her cabin.
>When does Bonnibel use her military to control her citizens' lives?
In "Graybles 1000+" we see all of the candy people living inside of a gumball guardian, which also tries to capture what it thinks is a runaway candy person. and earlier in the episode, PB is shown tracking the whereabouts of the candy people on a computer. that kind of stuff is a staple of totalitarian regimes.

Yeah and we're made out of meat, would that make it okay for your mom to eat you?

Bump

I like PB because she's the only character that's kept me consistently interested. I don't give a shit about Marceline or Ice King and their tragedy anymore. Finn technically should be going on new adventures but he is just really dormant and stale to me.
I appreciate that PB even does anything that keeps a viewer on his toes. She is still so mysterious, never really giving anything away, but whenever she appears it makes a big impact nearly no matter what she does. She is hard to ignore under any context, evil or good. That is pretty fascinating about her.

For a fictional candy monarchy, PB is one of the most realistic deceptions of a person in power that isn't evil in fiction. She demands tax, holds her citizens by the leash and does what is best for her people, even if finn and jake see it as cruel.

Now that she isn't doing fucked up stuff all the time she's gonna become boring too. She hasn't done one interesting thing this entire season.

If they're gonna push her moral ambiguity so hard for like 3 seasons straight the least they could do is have that lead up to her making a really big, game changing decision instead of having her lose her kingdom and decide to be nicer when she gets it back.

We don't know enough about the context of graybles 1k, I thought the candy people living in gumballs was for preservation rather than for control

Our flesh is complex, candy people are just that. The fact that they are even alive is a joke. You can't just replace chunks of our bodies, candy can be created. Even stem cells cannot replicate all the parts of the dermis.

Marceline isn't meant to be scary. She is a vampire, and didn't even want to be one. Calling her a monster on the outside is a stretch, just like calling Bonnibel a monster on the inside. You forgot your citation on the reason why the writers did what they did. You don't just get to make up stuff. Why do dictatorships use trackers? Completely different reason than Bonnibel. Dictators would use it to make sure no one is trying to escape, no one is sneaking around, they get less chances to do suspicious acrivities she is doing it because she is overprotective. And you ignore the fact that she isn't as overprotective as she used to be, she disabled her epuipment spying on people. In "Scamps" there are candy people that scam other, does she arrest them? No. She has Finn try to rehabilitate them. Did you even see the Graybles 1000+ situation? Life is pretty much obsolete, it's more likely that PB put her citizens in there to protect them. You are just taking anything she does out of context. Some public schools use trackers, and it is not the same reason for why dictatorships would. Schools and PB care about their people, they want to make sure they are safe, and/or being where they should. It is unknown why Starchy was trying to escape, just assuming its bad without enough information is ridiculous. The trackers also show them, and her doings may or may not be justified, because she thought Starchy got eaten. Maybe its because the Candy People are safer in the kingdom, with defence. Again, she is just overprotective. That isn't even millitary control.

She never even did anything fucked up in the first place. What is this meme? What she does can be justified. All she did was stop being so overprotective because it was affecting other people's live who weren't a threat. That was literally the height. And the people she affected weren't in pain, they were just weakened, theyre made out of fucking fire.

I don't see why you defend PB so much when you seemingly don't understand a big part of her character at all.

The show went "WOAH GUYS, look at Bubblegum doing this 'thing that isn't 100% right or 100% wrong' shit a dozen times. They wrote it in a way to be interpreted like that, that she does/has done fucked up things. Grey area stuff and shit.
She got nicer but that doesn't change that.

What about when she killed all the Rattleballs? what about when she sent James to his death, and then cloned him and acted like nothing happened? Moral ambiguity was the point of that whole episode. Also, you realize that being a mother and being possibly evil aren't mutually exclusive, right? She could be an overprotective mother who's ALSO a dictator with questionable morals.

Fuck me, this show is still going on and PB is still doing crazy shit? I may as well catch up.

Doing gray area shit that can be justified make her evil.
>robots
>kill
Kek. One robot developed a similated conscience, and they sucked at doing their job. She had to disable them because they were a threat to her citizens. Again, taking things out context. And in James 2 that was his fault. He kept pretending to comit suicide, and Bonnibel kept creating him again. It wasn't murder, you faggots take everything so seriously. The first James sacrificed himself, and was fused with the clone James's, so they could be heroes. Again, taking things out of context.

>sent James to his death
Oh okay, so lets have everyone die then. Because that option is so much better? Let's fucking end the series because this faggot wants a minor candy citizen to live. Fuck you guys.

PB hasn't been doing crazy shit. So far in season 7 PB hasn't done anything ostensibly wrong. She was only overprotective, and isn't as protective now. After the events in "The Cooler," fucking Sup Forums is retarded and you agreed with them years ago because no one said otherwise.

does not make her evil* Also, do you guys just like to ignore her caring side? She does nothing but to protect her citizens from danger, and you guys just rather choose to cerrypick questionable things and label her evil.

This, she's about as evil as no one.
PB is a super intelligent person who wants best for her people and friends, because of this it makes her look like a cold asshole

I am defending PB because all y'all do is fucking shit on her. Jake and Finn don't do questionable things? Pretty much everyone does questionable shit. Finn's imagination where he was going to kill baby birds, he is still a hero. Jake having moments where he felt superior to the hyoomans. Discriminating them for being different, this just flows right past your radars. These are just quirks to the characters, What's more important in their intentions, and what they do. Finn and Jake are willing to help anyone in need, that is if they are not evil. They are basically the police force. This is why you all don't usually shit on them for these things. What PB has done making her a dictator is just a massive strawman. I don't even understand how this meme has lasted for so long.

It last this long because of idiot trolls

why are you so mad, it's just a cartoon amigo

How can someone be so retarded, and have everyone else agree with this retardation, with no one even opposing it. The fact that someone would rather have everyone die and end the series, just to keep an irrelavent Candy Person alive is just beyond sane.

Originally Finn was going to sacrifice himself, but PB stopped him, and sent James instead. She did this because she knew she could easily replace James. She treats him based purely on how convenient it is for her. In James 2, his constant suicides start to inconvenience her, and she says she's going to stop cloning him altogether because of it. Simply end his existence because he's annoying.

The Rattleballs had enough of their own personalities to create an underground fighting ring, and I think the nonchalance with which PB destroyed them says something about her character.
>Let's fucking end the series because this faggot wants a minor candy citizen to live.
Read the OP, user, I love this shit. If there was more stuff like this, I'd never want the show to end.