hmm

+Raised Edmure
+put that cunt Blackfish in his place
+helped oust the Targs

-Raised Cat
-Fucked over Lysa
-Submitted to his idiot king grandson

a wash, user

Ned only agreed to raise the bastard as his own son because he heard bran shouting "father!" at him and he mistook it as a message from the Gods

>it's a stannis's army sucks so his mistress takes over episode

Not memeing here, you might actually be retarded.

he cared about his sister a lot, so he would care for her child regardless of his or her status

but not claim him as his own. he could have him raised at winterfell as an orphan boy. he had nothing to gain and everything to lose by publicly claiming the bastard was his own blood.

Then what was the point of showing Ned reacting so dramatically- not once, but TWICE- to hearing a voice call him "father".

>a little orphan boy
>who looks more like ned then any of his children
>who looks so much like a Stark Crastor can spot his relationship from a mere glance.

>Lord Stark, why have you decided to raise this orphan like a son?
>He sure does look a lot like you...
>How exactly did you find a Northern boy in the Dornish mountains?

Everyone would assume Jon is his son anyway, and by claiming him, he provides prevents Robert from asking any questions

>ned could tell this just by looking at a newborn infant
You might actually be illiterate. I said NOT claiming him as his son, and you for some reason took that to mean raising him like a son. Please learn to read before replying to a post. Also, he was an infant. All infants look the same.

a noble bastard has higher status than an orphan and there would be questions about his parents.

I think he wanted his sons and daughters to know that Jon Snow was related to them by blood. This was always important to him as he honored relationships based on familiar status.

>Then what was the point of showing Ned reacting so dramatically- not once, but TWICE- to hearing a voice call him "father".
it was foreshadowing Rhaegar naming his son "Aegon" TWICE

taking in a bastard of his own ruins his reputation, ruins his relationship with his beloved wife, and puts his own children in danger of being usurped

ned needed a better reason to raise a bastard thats not his as his own than just 'muh needing my own kids to know he exists'

>ned could tell this just by looking at a newborn infant
yeah, actually. Coloring certainly, and many babies do look like their parents. its not insane to think the kid is going to look stark when it grows up.

>starks are the only people that have dark coloring

end your life jonfag, seriously

How does it feel knowing that now that Hodor is dead, frog girl is the only one left to scoop the feces out of Brandon's paralyzed ass hole?

you're forgetting how badly Ned failed to get justice for his mentor and close ally Jon Arryn's death. he isn't a very intelligent and cunning person outside of combat, as he tried to get Cersei to leave the city with her children before he revealed their status as illegitimate bastards which directly lead to his demise and the disgracing of his daughter. Littlefinger gave him a very strong opportunity to do this too, but he foolishly declined it to take the moral high ground.

gendry

No, he's not a very intelligent person, and unintelligent people are exactly the kind of demographic to be swayed by 'voices' from 'God' advising them on what they should do

he raised his best daughter (and favourite child) just fine

me on the left!

How is pointing out that the kid is likely to look Stark make one a jonfag? Ned has already witnessed this with Mya Stone. The kid looks like Robert. Given this series, where family resemblance is seemingly stronger then real life, with cousins like Lancel and Jamie and even distant branches like the Starks and the Karstarks resembling one another is it that fucking out there to assume that not only would jon be likely to look like ned, but that his undue concern for an "orphan boy" who looks like him be exceedingly suspicious?

i'm ALMOST positive bran has working arms and hands. Not sure.

the worst character edition

who said he had to be concerned for him?

>cat is his favorite child
>according to cat

cutest plot device in all of planetos

Ned promised to raise Jon you insufferable cunt. Of course he's going to raise him like a son, even if he doesn't say "this is my son"

it's far more likely that Brann's voice was an unintelligible noise rather than him hearing an audible "father" since he progresses to the tower immediately after hearing it without investigation or anything. the promise that Lyanna makes Ned honor is most likely that he is raised by him as one of his own blood.

here's the actual scene:

youtube.com/watch?v=UUYZUShUd0c

>Ned promised to raise Jon you insufferable cunt.
because he heard his gods telling him to do so.

>implying she's wrong

Er... investigate what? He looked around him to a vast open space and there was no one there and he heard nothing else. What he did hear was his sister screaming in the tower and that obviously took precedence over a contextless "father!" shouted at someone who was not in fact a father.

Transplanting him a thousand miles away shows a concern farther then most lords would be willing to go. Anything more then that, fostering or teaching of any kind, would be viewed as indulgent.

>it's far more likely that Brann's voice was an unintelligible noise rather than him hearing an audible "father"

this is the dumbest bullshit i've ever read.

the rest of their conversation isn't heard by Ned at all, only the one word at the end. he would have heard them speaking if the noise was carried to an intelligible degree through Brann's yelling.

bran wasn't intentionally speaking out to him until he shouted 'father' though, you big ass dummy

ned would have to have the shortest attention span the world has ever seen to drop what he was doing so he could go run around the tower like nancy fucking drew trying to figure out where that voice came from while his sister was dying a hundred feet away

Well, if that makes you feel better

To establish that Bran can affect the past to some point so that the Hodor thing in the next episode would make more sense

Daily reminder that Yara and Ellaria are going to get OCTOPUSSED by Euron.

not sure what you meant by this but i guess?

people with working hands can wipe their own buttholes. unless you cant for some reason? is there something you want to tell us user?

First time ned turns around - 6x04

hold the door - 6x05

second time ned turns around - 6x10

you - btfo

Considering the only other living people he met that day just killed five of his friends and tried to finish off the rest, you'd think he'd be a little more concerned about an intelligible human voice drifting from some rocks

What was he meant to do about robb?
Wasn't he basically wasting away by the time he got there?

I'm fairly certain the books have several moments where people hear rustling of leaves, the wind howling, or something, they look around confused, and then carry on as something important is about to happen.

Seems like time-travellers can communicate, but like in Interstellar where the protagonist could only send faint hints.

I like how you and/or whoever else are ignoring all of my solid points and only responding to the ones that I'm using as support for the solid points to push your theory with no evidence.

Lyanna makes Ned promise her something with the warning that Robert will kill her son if he is found to be a son of Rhaegar, Ned is visibly distraught at whatever she implores him to do, and Ned raises Jon as a bastard of his own blood. Can't get any more direct than this.

>reaching
his sister was dying you moron

I can only assume you're drunk off your ass and shitposting or something. I would recommend putting down the bottle and getting a glass of water to keep by your bed for when you wake up.

If not, you are fucking retarded.

did you reply to the wrong post? I'm talking about how ned not investigating the tower doesnt prove he didn't hear bran say an intelligible word

Yeah when Bran speaks to Theon, Theon just feels like he was hearing something on the wind. He wasn't like "shit, that's Bran"

"Howland, go check that out!"

Not that hard

I am drunk but you're also a bit slow. Theres no point to showing Ned turning around the second time if its not supposed to mean anything. they could have cut directly to ned running up the stairs/already in the tower if Ned turning around at that moment didn't matter for some reason. watch the scene again. they linger on it for longer than necessary because they're trying to make a point.

Theon literally heard his own name though?!

"the Gods.... the know my name"

my god you guys are some dumb wikifags.

whoever was responding to me before was dead set on the idea that Ned heard Bran say "Father" to him and this is why Ned raised Jon. I was saying that this was probably not audible, but regardless it was the promise that made him do this and he didn't attach any significance to the voice through not investigating it or contemplating it.

he did contemplate it and they showed him contemplating it twice before deciding his dying sister was the most pressing issue at the moment

>Reddit stops by Sup Forums but just for a kwik peek

alright diaper boy no need to lash out.

>contemplate is thinking about it for a couple seconds
nope, re-watch the scene

> before deciding his dying sister was the most pressing issue at the moment

how long did you expect him to just let his sister lay there screaming

You act like you've never heard a natural noise that sounds like a word before. I have the text right in front of me—he hears the rustling of leaves and seems to think that it sounds like his name.

>The leaves of the heart tree were rustling his name. “Theon,” they seemed to whisper, “Theon.”

That's a lot different than clearly hearing a human talking

You're insane, leaves rustling never sounds like a name, and if you've ever heard anything like that I suggest you get on some psych meds

Theon heard the leaves whisper Theon because they were literally whispering Theon, it wasn't a natural occurance, it was LITERALLY A SUPERNATURAL BEING WHISPERING THEON TO HIM

I gave you the direct quote, I don't know how to help you any more

I don't think so, they probably made a hole in his wheelchair and Bran can easily open the hole and pull his pants to his knees. Frog girl has to watch out to not step in the shit while pushing Bran.

>never brought up again throughout the series or built up as anything
>never says anything about it during the rest of the scene
>promise afterwards visibly has way more weight to Ned's demeanor
I obviously mean not quickly thinking about it and moving on forever

samefag detected

You're so fucking stupid I don't know how to help you. Something literally and not metaphorically supernatural was happening in that scene in a fantasy book. Its not a home video from real life, you god damn dumbass. It wasn't the leaves rustling and just happening to sound like theons name. It was literally bran, whispering to theon through the weirnet, saying theons name, which sounded... get this.... like theons name. i dont mean to blow your mind or anything.

>yfw you realize """Arya""" in S7 is actually Jaqen

who is the Jaqen who lets Ayra go then

they are masters of shape, not mental status

I don't know which one of you is saying Ned didn't contemplate or investigate but what the fuck are you talking about he goes on to rip down the tower and think about that day a lot at least in KL. That seems like searching and contemplating.

Obviously it was bran talking to him, but the sound is conceivably natural. Theon taxes it as a sign and not a conversation. That's why the text says the leaves "rustled" his name and that the sound "seemed" to be "Theon".

I still don't get how he tore down a tower with 1 other guy and a baby with him

The shit doesn't come out in the first place, his fucking ass doesn't work. It needs to be manually scooped out of his colon

Swamp magic

the leaves rustled his name because the leaves were quite literally saying his name

what are you suggesting, that bran was just blabbering nonsense at him and it just so happened that one of the things he said sounded like the name of the person he was talking to?

You seem pretty obsessed with the idea of sticking fingers into bran's hole

that swamp magic sure would've been useful in the war to free ned
why is howland such a useless manlet bitch?

thinking about the day his sister died and he received an illegitimate son to father obviously makes sense, no one is arguing against this. I'm saying he didn't think about the voice he heard after he heard it.

wow you're good at this!

its ok user we all have our kinks

You're not understanding. Bran is talking to Theon through the tree. What Theon hears, however, is not Bran's voice. It's muffled, obscured, like a whisper on the wind. It's a sound that could conceivably come from a tree. That's why they "rustled " instead of spoke. When Asha says Theon's name, you wouldn't describe that as "rustling" because that's not a sound people make. It's the sound of tree leaves in the wind.

hes clearly a devout worshipper of the Old Gods so if d&d want to add in "the gods made me do it" its not completely out of left field

Yes, the sound the tree leaves make in the wind sounds like an actual word because bran is talking to theon and saying actual words to him through the trees

i dont understand what you're not getting honestly, help me out here

>trollface
i want to dropkick you back to lebbit so bad.

I never said that Bran isn't talking to him. I don't know what you're even complaining about anymore. All I'm saying is that the sound that the tree makes is subtle enough that you could convince yourself it was just the wind.

he's not a devout worshiper of the Old Gods at this point in time; he's a young adult who recklessly seeks fights, honor, and vengeance for his family's deaths. he just entered into a swordfight with one of the greatest swordsmen in the world and defeated him through a dishonorable move.

>clearly a devout worshipper of the Old Gods

Lol no.

Devout would be practicing sacrifices and not building a fucking Sept over the graves of generations of Starks

>gods made me do it

You are crayon level if you think D&D will go for that

I love the dramatic use of color this season.

>season 7
>tully
>arryn
I wish.

you claimed that theon didn't hear a human talking to him, he just heard "noises" in the wind that he thought sounded like his name. They only sounded like his name because bran LITERALLY said his name. ergo, bran can communicate actual intelligible words through the weirnet.

Yes, but they don't sound like people talking. They sound like natural noises.

natural noises put together in a way that sounds like a real word because they were intentionally made to sound that way

go back shitty finger boy.

Yes. I never disputed this.