Cannon Busters

The animation looks great but the presentation around it looks ghetto as fuck with that font and music. Hopefully it's not representative of the final product.

youtu.be/7CVxE-fXCFA

Other urls found in this thread:

cannonbusters.com/team/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannon_Busters
odditycentral.com/news/black-and-blond-the-origin-of-blond-afros-in-melanesia.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is going to be a messy piece of shit praised for 'style' and having cool set piece moments but actually have zero substance outside the visuals, with shoddy world building, poorly written characters and a disappointing overall story.

Love the trailer it looks like a good mix of Cowboy Bebop and Trigun. Netflix should pick this up.

Animation looks good and stylish
I heard bahijd and thomas romain were on the project.
If this blows up then all those westerner animators get a bigger foothold in the japanese industry

And that's okay because while story and characters are very important, "style" and the like can more than make up for it in entertainment value.

Kickstarted this. Hope its as amazing as it looks.

Eh. Looks okay but I'm really not digging the design of the main cast.

>"style" and the like can more than make up for it in entertainment value
Passing, throw-away entertainment. Personally, I rarely revisit something just for aesthetic reasons. There has to be something more there for it to cling on. It doesn't necessarily have to be something 'deep' or anything, but it has to have a substance to it.

This is just Afro-Samurai all over again. Fans of the style will gush over it for a bit, then it'll just fade out of relevance because there's nothing else to hook viewers except the style.

It's a 10 minute pilot, so unless this picks up intrest, it'll only remain as a 10 minute clip

>dat brown girl

Going style over substantial only gets you in the door and is very short sighted.
>RWBY
Yes, that is a pretty example of what I'm talking about the teasers were great in their style. But when it came to the actually series IT WAS SHIT. I couldn't get pass the first episode it was so badly done and the characters were so been there done that.

>it'll only remain as a 10 minute clip
Some times it's best that things stay that way imho.

This looks fucking great. I dont know what your talking about ghetto... the animation looks a little like Afro Samurai i guess but thats about it.

>user
I almost red user Busters.

I love the art. Hope the writing is good.

This is only the trailer for the pilot and it has more plot then hes black and hes a samurai and everyone wants to fight him something something dead father and a bandana.
Honestly all I remember of afro samurai was getting bored of it. It was made to sell commercials to idiots in the guise of fake anime.

Everyone is black and the soundtrack has an urban beat to it. I see where the user is coming from.

>hes black and hes a samurai and everyone wants to fight him something something dead father and a bandana.
First of all there is actually some "lore" and morals if you will to Afro Samurai, the issue is the narrative can't focus on any of it too long or the viewer will realize not only is Afro a terrible person with a terrible personality but that just about anyone else would be more interesting to follow. Kuma for example.

I can't really prove it one way or the other but I get the feeling the mangaka was trying to replicate a character like Kenshiro or Guts but didn't realize while they generally meet their world with an appropriately strong silent type behavior both still have a wild, sarcastic and even soft side to them. There's subtle range to them that makes them interesting without being inconsistent. It requires a background, origin story and motive that go beyond just trauma induced revenge and more a worldly but world weary upbringing. Guts and Kenshiro have been around enough to have actual character, Afro's really just some asshole who sat around for a bit until fate came to him and then he started bringing trouble to other people. He does little to nothing for anyone and it starts to wear thin why the viewer should care about his plight over any other headband seeker.

>Honestly all I remember of afro samurai was getting bored of it. It was made to sell commercials to idiots in the guise of fake anime.
More importantly though Afro Samurai IS a manga and then anime OVA. It's not faux anything.

Yeah, but I'm guessing the creators are probably black, and isn't it nice to see minorities representing themselves instead of demanding indignantly that white people do it for them?

Nothing wrong with the presentation, it's going for a afro samurai,boondocks look and that's pretty fucking great.

>Trigun
>BUT WITH BLACK PEOPLE

Wow, so original and unique. This i sure to be a hit!

I actually didnt know about the Manga, i assumed it was manufactured ground up by Spike TV. Still not a huge fan of the whole this guy vs other guy for ever format of anime/manga so I probably wont check it out.

You forgot more robots and replace vash with black spike. Take these two facts into account and its a recipe for awesome.

So apparently only one anime is allowed to do a space-western theme. The entire genre is off limits now. Yep.

Motorcity had style over substance. Animation and design were good, but the stories sucked. It fucking tanked. And I liked Motorcity.

i also got a bit of a cowboy bebop feeling from it

Fixed.

Anyone know the name of the animation studio for this?

The little robot sounds like Peacock from Skullgirls.

Satelight Inc.
cannonbusters.com/team/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannon_Busters
so it's a comic adaptation, by LeSean Thomas

He's worked on Boondocks, Black Dynamite, and on Legend of Korra

Yeah, it'll probably be 'ghetto' like Boondocks. I'm sure it'll be very well animated.

yeah it looks great and the dude, lesean thomas, as well as most of the animator/producer team, did space dandy

I want a whole fucking series

>a black robot is just TOO far
>TWO brown characters? too far

damn you guys are sensitive buggers

Boy, I wonder what could have set that off.

Could it be the swaggering fighting beanpole guy with a tie and an afro?

I have the comic there were only two issues

How was the, dare I say, plot/story/writing?

the art was pretty much the same here's the solicitation
>In this first action-packed issue of the new bi-monthly mini series, we start off on Gear Bolt, a vast land composed entirely of a monstrous, constantly rotating clock gear. In the progressive, hi-tech Kingdom of Botica, it's the anniversary of the "New Deal," a peace treaty unifying the only 5 kingdoms of Gear Bolt, and everyone who is anyone is in attendance! We meet Samberry, a royal assistance droid who secretly shares a close bond with the son of King Bulger, and heir to the Botica throne, Prince Toji. The celebration is brought to a shattering halt when the Kingdom suddenly comes under attack by a mysterious sorcerer known only as LOCK and his minions, who are in search of a mysterious "device" that he claims the King is hiding. The attack leaves Sam separated from the prince, alone on the outskirts of the kingdom for the first time ever. In a place where magic is extinct, will there be a force to challenge LOCK? Will Sam survive and find her way back to Prince Toji? The epic saga of a robot's quest back home starts here in this first spectacular, action-packed issue!

Fuck man, you are right. Let me fix that.

Give the robot Popo face and we're good.

Designs are solid
Music is jamming
The mouthflaps weirds me out despite having watched voltron

The news in this thread just gets better and better

>removing the brown girl

What happened to you, Sup Forums?

This setting sounds cool. It reminds me of the plane of Mechanus in dungeons and dragons, where ive always wanted to run a xampaign gyt never been able to get one together.

Ignore them, they must be new or something.

>Give the robot Popo face and we're good.

okie doke

I dunno, I usually don't like the princess peach look but it seems to work better here than the original appearance. Something about it is just off, ain't the kinda brown that makes me go to town, you know?

It's the blonde hair and blue-green eyes.

Meh. I personally love light hair on dark chicks. We as a race need to get working on this in the eugenics department for the betterment of society or some shit.

Man, it's look awesome as fuck.

>Hurr Durr why aren't there any western action cartoons
>There's no one to ship, this looks horrible

The cartoon side of Sup Forums proves its inferiority yet again. Go and masturbate to steven shittyverse and pedo anime, you degenerate cunts

Holy shit its boondocks meets hunterxhunter

Not every Kickstarter is going to turn out like Mighty No 9.

>Hey guys lets have a black female lead
>But let's give her blonde hair and green eyes

>everyone is black
>all the bad guys are white
its weird seeing the reverse but i find it greatly amusing

Nature already found a way
odditycentral.com/news/black-and-blond-the-origin-of-blond-afros-in-melanesia.html

Nobody batted an eye at all the blue eyed inuits and eskimos in Avatar

That thong th thong thong thong

She's a little too dark for me, though a mid to dark woman would be best. Dark, not middle-of-the-congo-african dark, but dark.

To be fair you can justify Sam having white features since she is not human. The water tribe people having blue eyes was just part of the fantasy aspect of the series to show the element of their nation like how people from the earth kingdom had green eyes and the fire nation had yellow eyes, I don't think that it could be considered white washing.

>the "cool guy" is trying to look like Spike Spiegel trope
>the shitty music
>the horrible dubbing
>the nerve to ask money for this

And the part that upsets me most is I love the art and animation, so what a waste.

Avatar water tribes were brown, not black. Brown pigmentation is common even in real life inuits do to them getting their vitamin d from a heavily fish based diet. White pigmentation / blonde hair / blue eyes is more typical in northern ethnic groups like scandinavians and finnics that historically have lived without a reliable source of vitamin d other than the sun. Vitamin d insufficiency is a legit problem in areas where sunlight is minimal 3 months of a year.

I didnt say it was white washing. I like when entire ethnicities are created for works of fiction. Unique culture is one thing but it really gives the culture depth when it has it's iwn unique look and physical features. Thats why i like Dune so much, Herbert went nuts mashing up humanity in his own sandbox universe and it created some kind of magic you dont normally get but people often strive for.

There are no black people in avatar. I cant be the only person who's noticed this.
Also i was talking about the eyes dude. Im a Canadan native, I know what colours we range. There has been historical documents of the Beothuk tribe on the east coast having blue eyes for some times afther the Norse came over here, but sadly those genes have all bred away. Huge fucking blue eyed injun viking cross. Not somebody to fuck with.

Its a pilot you mook. The budget for everything else comes later after they are picked up by producers. As for hating on archetypes keep yelling at that brick wall buddy, hope it works out for ya.

reverse? white characters with black villains is incredibly rare

>if minorities want to be represented they should make their own shit
>why is everyone black in a black created
Oh Sup Forums never change

>muh Sup Forums
shoo

Blue eyes tend to correspond with blonde hair and blue eyes in real life, there's not much else that can be said about it. They do look neat though and give a nice contrast to darker skin, which is why artists like to use that combo. In real life it's much more uncommon.

Why don't you go back to your containment board faggot

I've never been on Sup Forums you little bitch

>pedo anime
Sorry but truth is action anime is pretty shit with few good expections. I like slice of life genre more because japs get it right most of time.

I'll take six

Man i wish i hate some bait pictures to respond to this with. You know theres slice of life anime that doesnt center around little girls and yaoi fuckboys, right? It's usually better anination too.

>it looks ghetto as fuck
What did he mean by this

>pedo anime

So you are saying you live in japan? Because nobody fucking lives by the societal standards we see in anime but the nips. There is no fucking way that everyone you know and regularly associate with has functional autism and a bunch of stupid unspoken set of taboos to follow and you live anywhere but asia.

>Sorry but truth is action anime is pretty shit with few good expections. I like slice of life genre more because japs get it right most of time.

Most anime is shit because Japan produces over 50% of the world's cartoons by churning out as much as possible with next to no regard for the actual quality of the finished product a vast majority of the time. For every "good" SoL anime you can think of, there are five more that are completely unwatchable.

>Not using Jazz
>Not using Country

Fucking Dropped!

I thought the animation looked very Japanese, and what do you know it's being animated by a Japanese studio.

>churning out as much as possible with next to no regard for the actual quality of the finished product a vast majority of the time
This isn't actually true.

>For every "good" SoL anime you can think of, there are five more that are completely unwatchable.
At worst a SoL anime is just not very interesting. I can't think of one that was outright bad.

You don't know what substance is.

How is this going to be sold?
This looks like it belongs in the 2000s when Naruto and One Piece were a thing, but does that market even exist today?
Haven't young boys moved on from anime at this point?

If these were the scenes that were meant to get me excited for this, then I can only assume the rest of this is pretty shit

>literally ripping off the first episode of Trigun but using black people

This. I love black weeaboos, they're great people. I think this looks like it could be pretty cool too, like a fusion of Cowboy Bebop/The Boondocks/Space Dandy/Afro Samurai.

I'll definitely check it out.

Vigorous rebuttal.

Afro samurai fell through some tough times after the second game failed

Young boys don't back Kickstarters, and anime is popular even if it's no longer a phenomena like Pokemon and DBZ were.

This looks pretty solid. Hyped.

I hope this fail so I can see the action cartoonfags cry more.

I dig the dude and robot's designs but not really the main girl's. I do like her personality tho.

i doubt it. otherwise that new voltron show wouldn't have been picked up.

Girl looks like a ganguro.

Honestly, ripping off other shows is fine for me if I loved those shows.

I want more Bebop. I want more Trigun. If nobody else is making those shows, the knockoff will do just fine.

the problem being people comparing it to those shows and cannon busters not living up to the "hype" / not meeting the expectations of people who are fans i.e. it's similar ergo its the new. people will dislike it

>more USAnime
REVOLUTION INBOUND

>A concept can only be done once

that won't stop my enjoyment of it, but I might be upset if nothing comes of this pilot due to the subpar general reaction because people deem it as a ripoff.

>>literally ripping off the first episode of Trigun but using black people

Is there anything they WON'T steal?

So why aren't cowboy bebop and trigun deemed rip offs of actual westerns? Seems like a weird bias to have. Let the show rise or fall on it's merits.

it just seemed like black spike in trigun setting with Elisi Linette from zoids

>LeSean Thomas

Fuck that nigga. I remember when the Beware the Batman producer called out the lack of action shows and Thomas made some cheap cracks to make fun of him and that show's CGI. A few months later, now he's whining about the lack of action cartoons and uses it to beg for Kickstarter money.

Again, fuck that guy.