Whos /exitlevel/ here?

whos /exitlevel/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/44304451
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>If it's poorly drawn and miserable, it's true art!

t. capecomic enthusiast

Damn right, son

Anything above 'novice' level is for faggots that take daily Starbucks enemas.

>zap not in entry level

Big Kids is both novice AND intermediate level?

o o o p s

This, I can't fucking stand 2deep4u hipster bullshit. There's a time whene people think its the greatest thing ever, but that time is mid-to-late teens when people want to play at being enigmatic to impress others. Once you get past that you realize good storytelling is most important thing. Cerebus and L&R are the best things on that chart.

>watchmen is novice
jesus what are you doing OP

This is like Sup Forums style pretentiousness that equals obscurity and indigestive-ness with quality.

Telling the truth.

i can assure you that qviet is not miserable, although some of it is pretty badly drawn

So according to the OP, this is what /exitlevel/ patricians read.

I think I'll stay a pleb and stick to superhero funnybooks, thank you.

also heres what god nose is like

Indie comix are in the best and the worst spot they have ever been.

Online stuff is awesome and created a new scene.

Paper books are stagnating in a weird limbo.

>AAAAHHH THERES NO COLOURS
>AAAAHHH WHERES THE WORD BALLOONS

To be fair it is better read with a few other comics under your belt to understand it better

However the same can be said of all star Superman (although specifically with Superman comics) and that's in entry level

No Joe Sacco, no Harvey Pekar, no Alexandar Zograf. No writers that pushed the boundaries of comics.

Fucking plebs.

Looks pretty miserable to m
No wait nevermind

That took some unexpected turns.

I agree with what he was getting at at the start though charlie hebdo weren't satirists they were arseholes hiding behind satire.

I wasn't really expecting to be but I guess I am. Points for first time I've ever seen Blaise Larmee mentioned on Sup Forums I guess.

They pushed the boundaries like 40 years ago. This is about contemporary comics.

People always say this but i cannot agree, hes a cultural icon. Everybody knows enough about superman to appreciate ASS without having read a single comic about him.

>labelfags
go back to red nose webcomic you normie sack of stupid shit

I would put all of those in novice, they are mediocre artists (in terms of their actual drawn pages) but good storytellers

>Everybody knows enough about superman to appreciate ASS
True. But not FULLY appreciate it.

So the list is supposed to be based on how difficult it is to "properly" understand the comic?

That's pretty dumb.

It's the same pretentious bullshit as praising noise and musique concrete as "superior" musical styles because they are so "deep".

I've hit the lowest depths. At some point you loop back around and start reading trashy Punisher comics to feel again.

>no Art Spiegelmann

Where did i praise them for being more difficult?

What is the point of putting zap and raw on the same chart, theyre basically the same thing but one has more penises

There's no more room in entry level though.

dude those are unfinished sketches.

This is what I never get. Why is it considered maturing of the taste and overall improvement, if obscure and artsy doesn't mean quality. First Squad is a piece of fucking dog shit and should be removed, it's there just because you don't often see Russian Federation x Japanese collaborations.

This is a french art comix publishers Y2K book.
2000 pages of various short comix.
I'll post some excerpts.

I hope it's somewhat viewable.
Super ghetto style photographed pages with bad lighting.

Holy fuck, what did my camera do?
The resolution is fine but the detail is all fucked up.
I'll have to reshoot with different settings or a different camera.

i've come across filipe abranches before, very talented imo. he has done some nice animations vimeo.com/44304451

>Steamboy
>obscure

Cool. He improved a lot.

Based Crumb.

Not pic included?

I thought you wanted to be progressive

entry level as fuck

This is still a more comprehensive and less controversial comics overview than OP's list since it doesn't equal abstraction with goodness.

its fucking impossible to find that lovable transvestite photo-comic on the far left

all google bears is a thread asking 'where do i find this?" and turns out its just some short-lived spinoff

id love to see it

all the comics in the OP are good, its not a measure of quality. the entry level ones are good comics that any idiot could pick up and read, novice comics are more complex in some way, intermediate comics are fairly complex, expert comics are flat out hard to read and exit level includes recidivist which is ridiculously hard to read

I have recidivist so I guess I made it

>modern comix
>nothing by Simon Hanselmann

I'm great

>dude weed lmao

what is the bottom left one?

Whereas with Watchmen, you already have this imprinted archetype of superheroes that allows you to get what it's doing. The problem is that people don't pay attention to the structuring and that the concept of superhero has already been muddied by what Watchmen did so it loses impact.

It's a traditional theme of the comix scene.
Kinda like the stoner rock of comics.

Experimental art isn't good just because of being experimental. By their nature, experiments can fail.

it's more like 'dude weed ahhhhh oh god what are we doing with our lives oh god, fuck'

I love the double standard on sexual titalation there

I was going to go on a rant about constantine and Sandman getting stiffed in favor of trash like animal man but then I noticed the mind fuck bit.

I get what they were going for but they should have just used a simpler font

I like the sound of that

I'm getting carpel tunnel from pretending to jerk off here

It's poorly drawn because you percieve drawings by comparing them with capes not by looking and appreciating the actual drawings on paper. The artsyle praised by you was considered crappy and cheap when people percieved art by comapring it with academic paintings instead of looking at what really is.

sandman and hellblazer both have really shit art mate

is heathcliff Red?

none of the comics pictured really look all that interesting to me

Wait whats art got to do with what I said

Comics are shit desu.

Well they're comic books so if the art is shit then they're not very good comic books

Why did you badly edit it?

I would consider it more orange, as the visualization is not abstract but rather coherent, which highlights the lack of inner logic

>the entry level ones are good comics that any idiot could pick up and read, novice comics are more complex in some way, intermediate comics are fairly complex, expert comics are flat out hard to read and exit level includes recidivist which is ridiculously hard to read
you are retarded, OP.

No and you already knew that the answer would be no.

You don't get special bonus points for playing make believe with dank memes.

>doesn't even use Charlie's mohamad face in the end
lame

Those intermediate comics are actually legitimately unironically fantastic.

Well, okay, to be honest, I personally don't like Quimby the Mouse, but Ware's other work still pulls me in and I can see the appeal of Quimby to some.

Still,...would you shoot an arsehole for being an arsehole?

Probably not.
Unless it was some really massive arsehole like Bob Kane or Loraine willams.