Will Rey's parentage be the least shocking reveal in film history?

Will Rey's parentage be the least shocking reveal in film history?

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/star-wars-force-awakens-rey-parents-not-seen/
youtube.com/watch?v=It_olylT42I&t=178s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's not her dad

Sloth anakin is her dad.

A FUCKIN SLOTH

Daisy Ridley was asked about it and said she "thought it was obvious". Nothing else is obvious. If you disagree, kill yourself.

Her parents were killed by snokes you dum dum,

Anakin was a child of the force and only ever managed to be as good as any other Jedi. Rey's an irreprebably broken Mary Sue Protagonist so there's no chance in hell her parentage will explain how good she is at everything and as to why she's immediately loved and trusted by all. She's trash, The Force Awakens is trash and the Last Jedi will only be more trash.

Star wars is dead. Only nu males masculine presenting women and gender queers like it.

How is that "obvious" from what we saw in TFA?

She's le chosen one, like Luke.

How is she any more of a "Mary Sue" than Luke was? It seems like you're overreacting to feminism or something. We don't have to hate every female character.

As Chosen one's go both Luke and Anakin got wailed on a lot so she's not at all like either of them. Luke only ever managed to use force sense to tell him when to pull the trigger, thereby launching the Homing Missiles at the right moment so they could find their target and destroy the death star. Second film it took Luke several minutes to pull his saber to him, and even after training with Yoda for several days, he jobs when fighting Vader. Third film is almost two years after the second and Luke barely manages to defeat Vader then Jobs against Emperor. Anakin used Force Danger sense the same way Luke did, it helped him time his movements in avoiding calamity. With this ability he never finished a race until the events of The Phantom Menace. Even though he was a child of the force his abilities only ever made him as proficient as his fellow races. He had to practice to get good. He's taken to battle via remote, and once R2 removes him from the remote by wire control, he avoids danger, happens onto a ship, accidentally hits a fuel tank when firing on oncoming droids then gets the hell out of there. Second film he jobs against Dooku. Third film he jobs against Obi Wan.
Rey's literally a deus ex machina personified. That's how irreparably broken she is. Resistance don't know this little sand nigger from a hole in the ground but they send her to find Luke, a mission that was supposedly vital to the survival of the Resistance. So vital that they decide to send Rey, a no named desert nigger they just met.

Sloth Anakin will explain it all user don't you worry

kylo is her dad

the fucking protagonist of a story cannot be a "deus ex machina"

take your meds

As long as they don't make rey the "real" chosen one and cuck anakin out of it, then I'm fine with whatever.

Your bait is weak young one, very weak. But still, if you're being half as serious, although I think you're a troll, but if you're being seriously retarded, read this here . Luke and his m8 Biggs were both trying out for the academy. In fact Biggs vouched for him because they were both excellent pilots and for fun would hunt down tiger gorilla things on Canyon runs. They'd fly through canyons at break neck speeds shooting at these deadly creatures these tiger gorilla things. Luke was only as competent as his m8. If you'd remember several of his wingmen sacrificed themselves to save Luke's life, and eventually he was saved again by Han. Obi wan taught Luke how to use force danger sense. The same ability Anakin used when racing, the same ability younglings uses to avoid the stinger droid.
Contrast all that to mary sue Rey who didn't believe in the force and suddenly she's a force grand master. Even beyond the Force, she had no business driving the falcon. Both Leia and Luke saw the controls and called it a heap of junk. the Falcon was a custom made Freighter. Meaning, Lando and Han added controls as neccessary. That's like you being an expert at Windows but then some one gives you gentoo. Unless you know the commands you'll foul up often. And you certainly won't be proficient at it within two minutes. Rey had never piloted the Falcon, two minutes later she's a falcon master. She'd immediately loved and trusted by all and can literally do anything. Admit it. She's broken.

Sadly that shipped sailed. She's forevermore a Broken Protagonist. The only equivalent is if Neo had all the powers he developed by the third act of Revolutions, Within the first act of the Matrix. And then someone says, "We'll explain why he's so shit in the follow up film."

And yet Rey is. She's literally the force that furthers along and alters the plot in her direction. All plot points converges for her.

>look at that shitty car. because i called it shitty means i suddenly don't know how to drive it

solid argument

>Your bait is weak young one

Get this cringelord out of my thread

Everything you just said is wrong and retarded

This is what I get for posting during Australian hours

You're crying at this point; wailing like a sad cry baby. I just gave you a solid argument. You're ignoring it of course because that's what babies do, they wail and cry despite their betters showing them otherwise. And that's you, Wailing and moping because this bullshit character means so much to you for some reason. And in lieu of actual rebuttals, you wail and you bitch and you mope and you, it's not fair, it's not fair! You're a sad, sad baby.

Star Wars fans have literally only one twist in mind.

What?

Guys they're movies for kids, holy shit.

No one should care this mch about what is essentially a cartoon.

I cringe so hard when I see someone make their entire personality about star wars. Hurr derr Darth Vader, so edge

what do you do for a living

But that's incest...

>they never pilot it and make comments suggesting theyre unfamiliar with the controls but it it somehow unbelievable that they cant pilot it

lol

Of course it's wrong and retarded because you're so madly in love with this horribly broken mary sue cunt, you can't see the forest for the trees or smell the shit on your flowers. Keep trying, son. Eventually. The ghastly looking actress will notice you and send you email inviting you into her confidence.

I'm a responder, I respond to the force awakens defenders.

>ebbit spacing

No. I can fucking bet that the hueg reveal will be her being created from midichlorians by the last jedi, much like Anakin was

But Star Wars is literally built on deus ex machinas and all kinds of other plot contrivances.

This

>Guys, this is a board dedicated to the discussion of film and television, WHY ARE YOU MAKING THREADS ABOUT A POPULAR FILM FRANCHISE?!!??!?!?!

redeit

They literally said that Rey's parents were not in force awakens. Like is not the father. Ha doy son

did rey, a girl that has spent her life as a mechanic, ever make that comment?

No one ever said that.

she is obi wan's granddaughter

holy shit guys its so obvious

>people still give a shit about Mouse Wars

just the fucking dude in charge

can someone explain this sloth meme? is it related to the force tree leaks?

I really wish they hadn't made rey's parents a JJ abrams style mystery. Either it's Luke and thus obvious or some nobody and boring.

Making it Obi Wan would take so much explaining to the average audience and setting up who obi wan was with and how and why it wouldn't be worth it.

screenrant.com/star-wars-force-awakens-rey-parents-not-seen/

Moron.

Truth is nobody cares because the "writers" don't even know who she is. It's a clusterfuck made by a comittee who were only concerned about gender and race politics to increase their sales. T

>I really wish they hadn't made rey's parents a JJ abrams style mystery.

What are you talking about? Did "they" make Finn and Poe and Hux and Snoke and Phasma and Han Solo's parents a mystery, too?

i will believe a candid statement over the calculated one designed to reignite retarded speculating every day

no, they didn't show any scenes with those characters being dropped off as children by parents purposefully concealed.

the new trilogy is official part of 'the skywalker saga'.
in the 2nd trailer we here luke talk about how the force is strong in his family and that rey has that power too.

Dude, when you say shit like this, you're proving the feminists right. You're literally opposed to a film and a character because she's female. Men and women aren't supposed to be enemies. It's ok for them to be a protagonist sometimes, and it's not a new phenomenon either, lol. We like each other

>I really wish they hadn't made rey's parents a JJ abrams style mystery

Agreed, it's unheard for the protagonist in a Star Wars film to not know who their parents are

Luke in ANH
>Whiny lil shit
>Get's shit on by everyone except the droids, Aunt May, and Obi Wan
>Receives first hand training from one of the most powerful Jedi Masters to have existed
>Is only able to perceive where the training drone is going to fire
>Only real, established skill he has is as a pilot
>Doesn't really grow as a character until the pivotal bridge scene (Luke taking control of his destiny instead of just being swept along with it)
>Needs Ghosty Wan to help him use the Force to land the killing shot on the Death Star

Rey in TFA
>Scavenger Girl with a speeder/swoop
>Knowledgeable about salvage, and ship maintenance. No piloting experience outside her swoop bike
>Apparently incredibly skilled fighter, dispatching multiple aggressors at once with ease
>Once she leaves Jakku literally everyone likes her
>Has never piloted a starship before, yet is able to fly the Millenium Falcon (A notoriously finicky ship) through the dead superstructure of a Star Destroyer while being hounded by a squadron of TIEs
>She's easily able to mind trick her way out of imprisonment and skulk about an Imperial Remnant installation that is magnitude's more valuable than any previous Imperial stations/super weapons in credits and manpower
>Defeats an experienced Dark Jedi who is deeply enraged, the emotional state where the Dark Side manifests most strongly
>No known teacher of the ways of the Force or lightsaber combat
>Mysterious the past, do not steel.
>Leia consoles her instead of Chewbacca
>Luke's expression as The Force gives him premonitions on the direction Disney is taking the franchise

Force tree leaks are fakes made by Disney PR.

Real leaks are this:
Rey is like Luke an incarnation of the force
Her parents tried to take her to Luke when she was young but Snokes found out, they dumped her on Jakku and Snokes killed them
Luke trains Rey in grey side of the force
Luke kills knights of ren in one move
Snokes castle is on rich planet
Fin finds out Snokes uses multiple bodies
Luke tells rey there's something in the sea near the island consuming the force sensitive penguins
Rey goes to fight it
Its a fucking giant sloth
She senses its an illusion
Its anakins force ghost
Banter
Kylo flies to rey because he feels her meditating on the island
Kylo kills/consumes anakins force ghost
More banter
Kylo can't beat luke but beats rey because of a fucking penguin
Snokes shows up
Ends with Luke facing snokes
Also Luke has an x wing stashed away

Also reys special ability allows her to see physically see the force an manipulate it

You don't know the difference between a female character and a feminist one. They went as far as creating a Mary Sue proving that they gone full retard.

Here's the sloth, BTW this came out AFTER the leaks

not if she's Chewie's kid

Here's the name of the crypt in the Dracula esque castle that Finn finds out about snokes many bodies

Also Luke really wants to kill snokes and is willing to push Rey to get there.

These are the force sensitive penguins on the island, that get in the way of rey fighting kylo and make rey lose

Chewie makes a nest for them under the falcon and gets btfo by them

Snokes is turbo rich and apparently people love him

Sound similar drumpfy??

Also snokes planet is the one in the trailer that looks snowy, its not snow its red under neath and the snow is volcanic ash, also Finn is betrayed by some of the rebels

I mean... It kind of is? Anakin had no dad. Luke knew his father's name and said it as such. He was only wrong on the details.

Rey seems to know who her parents are but all the dialogue is said so that no names or anything is mentioned because ooooh it's a mystery.

Kylo on the other hand they just up and say is Han's son and don't jerk you around on it over the Big Reveal™

She thought the topic of her parentage was obvious, not Luke being her dad was obvious. You dumb little nigger.

The big reveal is sloth anakin in this one

A FUCKIN SLOTH

You pulled all of these except for the Sloth concept art out of your ass nigger.

Nope.avi

How much is Disney paying you BTW?

I highly doubt all of that was perceived by Lucas and the rest. it's just stuff that they noticed after the fact and went "oh oh and remember these things? Well it's because this..."

In the end. Star Wars is shit

>Luke knew his father's name and said it as such. He was only wrong on the details.

yeah, the minor detail that his father was darth vader and not a guy who got killed by darth vader

comme ci comme ça

What do you mean "the topic of her parentage was obvious"? Because that's what I'M saying. No character other than Luke could be "obviously" Rey's father based on what we saw in TFA.

You guys are all dumb. Rey is just a vessel for past jedi's force. She's not special. It's everyone else filling her with their force. Their hot force.

her parentage is the force like Anakin

Just a guess but since her parentage was barely addressed at all besides "You have to let it go they're not coming back" Daisy could've meant that it's obvious that her parentage isn't an issue.
Could be that young Rey was just a random student at Luke's academy who happened to survive the slaughter.

She's his dad.

I'm saying it wasn't a plot cliff hanger. We end ANH thinking Luke was just some dudes son. And when we find out otherwise it's all at once.

Rey on the other hand has force powers but nobody who was old friends with her father to tell her anything and it's all shrouded in JJ mystery. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if JJ didn't know who rey's father was himself. The dude loves mysteries more than answering them. He has a mystery box he hasn't opened in 30 years because he just likes mysteries™ so much.

No.

youtube.com/watch?v=It_olylT42I&t=178s

ABC News: "Everybody wants to know who Rey's parents are. Will that be answered in The Last Jedi?"

Daisy: "At the end of The Force Awakens, I thought everyone was gonna go, oh, that's been answered."

My Uncle was A Major airline mechanic for decades. You wanna know how many of those commercial airlines he flew? She had never flown the Falcon before. And to add it was a custom made Freighter. Meaning its controls were bits added by her owners, namely Han and Lando.

See my analogy about Windows and Linux. Being proficient in Windows means balls when dealing with Bare boned Linux.

Again, her family doesn't mean shit. Anakin was a child of the force and still wasn't a broken Protagonist. Rey's a horribly broken protagonist.

I imagined that this should have been shown because if it was it would have immediately legitimized everything she did. Instead they chose to make her a broken mary sue.

It'll happen bro. Rey gets filled up. With force. I just thought of it and have no evidence. But it's true.

>No, I am NOT your father!

Starkiller when

The force is a pencil in your hand but it doesn't make you a great artist. You have to practice every damned day to be a great artist. Every damned day. Rey picks up a pencil and she's doing Sistine chapel in under a few hours. It's bullshit.

She will be of virgin birth just like Dark vader

Because it's not her. She's the embodiment of the light side. She contains all the Jedi masters that have come before her. Like she's possessed

That's sadly not going to work. It's called retconning. In a movie, like in the movie the Matrix, Neo was told from the outset who the one was and what the one was capable of. So by movie's end, we were not in the least surprised when the one's powers manifested itself. NOW, the sequels were not as well received because people thought the one was some all powerful god when in actuality the one was just a means of control. But in actuality this means of control was given all he ever needed to broker a true and lasting peace that wasn't at all what the first five ones had settled for.

Without any explanation or even voices in her head Rey's all powerful and capable for reason. But the train really leaves the rails when she's immediately loved and trusted by all and is able to fly the falcon effortlessly. Not even a force ghost could help you fly something that they themselves has never flown in.

Y'all will be pretty shocked when it's revealed that she is Ray Palpatine

When you have the collaborated force ghosts of the entire Jedi history inside you... you can overcome anything. She really is the greatest thing to happen to the Star Wars franchise.

They should do a double turn. Unprecedented! Kylo ends up being the good guy. Son of Han. Redeems himself. Rey ends up being the bad.

No, she killed star wars. Star Wars were about Force Users and Rey's the tonne of weight that broke the camel's back. The Force is a piano and to get good at it required you practicing daily. And that's how it always was. Otherwise Obi Wan would have said to Luke, trust in yourself and you can become as awesome as I am within a few hours. Instead he agreed to make Luke his pupil then two years later told Luke to find Yoda. You had to first be taught and then you had to practice over and repeatedly.

And now we have the true prodigy. The culmination of what all past jedis have trained for. To fill up Rey with their hot force. It's actually genius. Fucking brilliance. JJ is the best working director. Maybe best ever

she's probably a force baby like Anakin, or a clone of Luke

You mean the mother?

Anyone obsessed with this parentage garbage is a bottom feeder normie who is trying very hard to look nerdy. No one cared who Luke's mother was, and they only cared who Luke's father was because Anakin was directly referenced in IV. Everyone seems to have forgotten that the reason Vader was such an antagonist for Luke was because Vader had killed his father.

Nobody was ever obsessed with Luke's parentage. Rey is a shit character that everyone is desperately looking for a reason to be interested in her. Yet another reason why Nu Wars is forced meme trash that nobody genuinely likes and everyone will swiftly forget about it.

Skywalker is a gay.......because of daddy issues and incest?

Very cool

JJ Abrams said before they started writing this turd, Kathleen Kennedy asked him "who si Luke Skywalker". This moron must have mumbled something like "what if Luke was a fucking loser who was so amashed that he got his Jedi school wrecked by one bad student, he went into hiding for 30 years, allowing an new empire to emerge and destroy all he achived in the OT"
Sounds great? Madam
Is there a bigger cuck than JJ ABrams at Hollywood? I know Josh Wheldon is taking some flack, but nobody beats JJ dickless Abrams

What the hell is wrong with shitposters who are this lazy?

Like congrats you baited some autist into calling you a retard, how is that exciting? Get yourself killed

t. Beta orbiter Stacy rejected in high school and got his ass whooped by a bull dyke

Nice bait, son. Shit's shit, son, doesn't matter who is at the lead.

It was more of him doing whatever his mistress commands than anything else.

> 2 years later and autistic contrarians are still ass blasted about a female protagonist in a 2 hour long toy commercial

Not at all. Female Protagonist, Male Protagonist. You break the established rules, you're a shit character and they don't come any shittier than Rey. Triple X isn't as broken. James Bond, the Roger Moore years isn't as broken. Austin Powers isn't as broken. Nor is One Punch Man. Rey's an irreparably broken Protagonist. Who was a greater Protagonist than Lara Croft in Tomb Raider? Who was a greater Protagonist than Beatrix Kiddo in Kill Bill? Who was a greater Protagonist than Sarah Conner?

I bet she'll be Han and Leia's daughter. Probably got dumped on Jakku so she would be safe from Kylo

>clone wars got cancelled for this shit