How did the "Troi is usless" meme get started?

She was constantly reading minds ffs.

That's immensely useful in both diplomatic and tactical situations.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=og0Or1i9riY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>*character draws weapon and snarls*
>"I can sense....anger....proceed with caution captain"

Yep you're right OP, the show would be completely different without her

Unrelated but: can somebody post that webm of Brent Spiner punching Gates McFadden behind the scenes?

she couldnt read minds she could only sense emotions.

you know, the same thing anyone can do if you just look at their face.

She wasn't useless, she became a commander.

My most recent fap was to a paragraph someone typed about troi filling her spacediaper since the enterprise never seems to have toilets.

If anyone was useless it was worf. Picard ignored every suggestion he made and he was only around to get bodied by the monster of the week in order to make it a legit threat.

The guy couldn't catch a hu'tegh break.

She could tell when people were hiding something and her intuitions saved the ship numerous times.

What emotion can you see on this guy's face, Sup Forums genius?

name a single time she saved the ship

>using TOS as a reference to the character development in TNG

no

He feels like shit

Every time Troi is around, she could sense sexual and lustful feelings from the men around her. Must get tiring pretty quickly.

do you think she could sense erections? how big they are?

Don't know about you bruv, but I've worked with lots of hot women. Sure, the first few times you're really interested but it's usually you wanting to be done with day to have any time to think about them. It'd be like you wanting to take a shit but there's this hot fine ass girl using the toilet and even though she's hot you really want to shit, so that's more of a concern to you than how hot she is, besides, she's taking a shit and you're there experiencing every pfff and braap.

And that's how it is when you've worked with hot girls day in and day out. You're less concerned about them and more concerned about making it to the end of your rotation.

yes, totally

She's useful in every possible way, OP.

The one where she becomes a Romulan and makes the other romulan sabotage the cloaking device so the enterprise didnt get blownup.

The one where she telepathically communicates with aliens on the other side of a rift and they learn they gotta release hydrogen or something.

The Federation has diversity quotas to fill.

Troi is useless?

No.

Janeway. Janeway is fucking USELESS.

>Her power is sensing emotions.
>Episode gives her the ability to hear words in her sleep because emotions are useless.

>Implying she didnt help cause that particular problem.

Because Sup Forums

>she's taking a shit and you're there experiencing every pfff and braap.
I want a girl's brapper pusy to brap on my face!

BRAAAAAAAP

>gnarly, slobbering alien makes overt threats
>"cap'n I feel thars danger present, but I can't tell where or how exactly"

>a ferengi makes a very uncharacteristic statement about his intentions being benign while smiling inhumanly wide and grasping his palms together
>"cap'n I sense he is lying"

Fucking saved the day regularly, she did.

she was a shit actress and a even worse character, literally pointless

her only use was being a milf in tng

wouldnt she feel how every dude wanted to fuck her brains out constantly?

No doubt Picard had her on the bridge all the time just because she was a hot piece of ass

I'm sure the female of her species evolved to turn off that sensory at will for that same exact reason.

Does anyone else remember the episode where Dr Crusher had to go home to Planet-Scotland and bury her dead Grandmother and she and Troi literally spend half the episode talking about her sex dreams?

Awful episode but get things moving along for me.

Dude rewatch the series:

>Troi is the canary for danger.
>Troi is the 'the worst thing will happen to her first' character
>Troi is the 'Oh, you said something harmless? Get ready for irony torture!'

I remember that episode where Data is all 'Troi, I think I felt emotions for the first time, and it was anger, I'm worried that I might get to like anger and I should probably find out why this is happening and stop it' and Troi was all 'nah brah, anger can be a healthy reaction, nothin wrong with feeling anger, don't look into this incredibly suspicious development that makes no sense'.

TEN MINUTES LATER:

>Troi: "So I guess Data went crazy from all that anger and has trapped us all on a planet of cyborg slaves he controls with his evil brother. Whoopsie."

It was hilarious!

>Dr Crusher: "I just can't stop masturbating to my wrinkly bony 120 year old grandmother getting plowed over and over again. You're a psychologist and my friend, do you think this is troubling or unusual at all?"

>Troi: "Idon'tgiveafuckthisismyfetishjustdon'tstoptalking."

MOMMY

>captain picard please help our warp core is about to be breached
>AYO CAP'N WE FINNA BUST A FULL ASS NUT SPREAD O' PROTON MOTHER FUCKERS IN THIS NIGGA OR WHAT I'M TALKIN BOP BOP ON THAT NIGGA SHIELD GENERATOR
klingons on the bridge was a mistake

Can anyone explain just how the fuck she is able to sense anything so far away

There has to be a range to emphatic senses right?

She can sense if someone on another ship is feeling something and that is a few Kilometers away in space.

And regularly she will sense if an away party is in danger on the planets surface which is hundreds of KM away and she doesnt even have the viewscreen or communicators on for that.

So she isnt sensing "emotion waves" or whatever via a communications system.

She is only half betazoid too, can a full blooded one sense emotions across the whole fucking solar system.

Every inch of her is bouncing!

It's space magic, I ain't gotta explain shit.

A full blooded one is telepathic and usually communicates with others that way.

They are actually useful.

She's half Betazoid so he's only half as useful. Worf was only half Klingon so he's also only half as useful as a full Klingon would be.

Wait was Worf also a halfling or was it just Torres?

Isn't she empathic and not telepathic?

Why did you completely ignore my question

What is the range on the bullshit emotion powers, why is she able to sense stuff over lightyears in several episodes

Torres was the halfling

Worf was just raised by human and also had autism

No. That guy is thinking of the Klingon girl from Voyager

Serious question.

If she feels muh dick, will my feelings of lust intensify her orgasm?

It's a bullshit power level question and I chose to answer the one about the lore.

Ok, nerd. Emotions are carried by subspace, so she can read anyone on screen.

Happy?

If it weren't so small, it might

How can you call someone else a nerd while you are in a Star Trek Sup Forums thread

Captain I sense...faggotry

insterstellar tier bullshit. I hate these telepathic races

youtube.com/watch?v=og0Or1i9riY

So now, it is obvious why answering that sort of shit is pointless.

Nigga you are on a Rhodesian Kayaking Forum discussing a 30 year old sci-fi show

Everything about it has been said, these threads are for shitposting and trek memes