>2016
>casual racism still in comics

really?

>Now fuck off, you worthless ching chong wang wong!!
Jesus Christ, Johns.

> character has a point against our hero.
> ''Well shit we still have to remind everyone she's an asshole.''
> Make her randomly screams something racist.

There should be more casual racism on comics.

Makes more sense.

How old is Ryan supposed to be here?
Seems like he's a teenager.

>comic offers a realistic look at modern people and the fact that not everyone is a dick loving SJW
UGHHHH GET THIS CRAP OUT OF MY SAFE SPACE RRRRREEEEEEEEE

Geoff "The Gook Nuke" Johns

But Ryan Choi is actually from Hong Kong.

oh please we both know they would never do this to a black character

she deported all his books between panels 4 and 5

He's FROM HONG KONG YOU CASUAL FUCK

They were printed in China I bet.

It still exists in real life, why not in comics?

what has neil degrasse tyson actually accomplished

Colleges were infiltrated in the mid-70's user. The young hippie movement decided to turn colleges into places where their ideaology was supreme.

she only ever appears in this page to appeal to the white expectations of "denigrate the asian man who has to be a inexplicably a pushover nerd who doesn't stand up for himself" crowd

Nothing really. He's kinda just a celebrity scientist, who has been accused of being a pretty shitty scientist.

Retards like Geoff "greeks and romans are the same thin" Johns think he is some kind of genius

>casual racism
>getting mad that racism still exists
you do realize that people say that shit all the time
like, especially to non-whites, right
Like, if you're hispanic and you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, people will tell you that you're a mexican who needs to get out before the wall gets built or some crap like that

remember OP, you're the one who made this racism thread

>at gamestop
>waiting in line
>old asian man who doesn't speak english very well
>just trying to get some skylanders for his grandson
>taking a little while to make his final payment

>white trash juggalo dragging his girlfriend
>right behind this guy, shouts
"MOVE IT YOU FUCKING CHINK"
>little old asian guy and his son get scared, just pay for whatever they have and leave, old man profusely apologizing

bonus epilogue
>guy slams a 360 copy of Call of Duty on the counter
>"THIS GAME IS FUCKING USELESS TO ME CUZ' MY DAD TOOK AWAY MY XBOX, I WANT MY MONEY BACK"
>clerk takes out the money
>guy just reaches over and takes it from the clerks hand and storms out

you want to have a racist character in a comic book, make them a trailer trash, walmart-camo-shirt wearing white boy with a douchey spiked haircut and an ICP T-shirt

It's an interesting question. If stories in comics were supposed to reflect reality, then they would have to show a great deal of casual racism. On the other hand, Ray Palmer is a character who can shrink down to the size of subatomic particles, which puts us in deep fantasy territory.

Its almost like having something IN comics is different from the comics promoting it. Its even portrayed in a negative light what the hell do you want?

>something that is still a part of society is presented in comics and not used as a soapbox platform against it

I wish Marvel did this. I hate racism but just blanking it out or always putting the discriminated people on higher ground isn't genuine. You have to show the ugliness of society that still exists.

>Things that never happened: The Post

it bugs me that people can't seem to make that distinction sometimes.

>character does a bad thing
>clearly meant to be seen as a negative thing that's bad and not good being done by a bad and not good person
"THIS COHMICK PROMOTES VIOLENCE AGAINST (insert oppressed minority that isn't a straight, white male)"

>he is from Hong Kong
>here on student visa
>this is an actual RL threat employers/colleges use routinely

I fail to see your "racism" boogeyman anywhere

IT'S [Current Year]!!!

you don't have to believe me. I know what I saw
tfw too beta to play hero and stand up to some shitty teenager who pulls shit like that

Funny, because the most racist shit I've witnessed from years of working at a liquor store was invariably from trashy black folks.

It doesn't even matter the target, they pretty much hated everyone.

Fuck Aurora, Colorado.

You're not up on the latest SJW thinking. Mocking racism, even portraying racism, is exactly the same as being racist.

Ref: Outrage over the recent (((dril))) tweet.

>the "next Neil DeGrasse Tyson
So the next ebin meme?

>we live in a year
>something I don't like

>lets just accept rude shitty people and behavior

this is your argument? why do you even read comics where good guys fight for what's right.

>dudebros aren't real

Keep in mind who's saying this line

Your fear of dudebros is fucking laughable given how harmless they are, and how overblown lies about them are.

I'm sorry I insulted your favorite video game series.

>not realizing that no matter what you do you will never be able to get rid of racism so you need to accept it as part of society
That was your mistake, not user's

>juggalo
>dudebro

Pick one

You need to go back jose.

t. obnoxious dudebro

Nah they're basically the same. One just has slightly more money.

we've decreased racism drastically since the 70s

we don't need to stop until it's gone

>implying class differences aren't the greatest stratifications in society

>Next Neil DeGrasse Tyson
What does black Bill Nye actually do?

Racism means absolutely nothing
most of the "ISMS" have been so over used they have lost all meaning and all their power except amongst hysterical college faggots and feminists.

you sound like a clueless white male who tries handwave these problems because you never been racially oppressed yourself

Then why are the endless accusations of racism against Trump so successful?

That's not casual

They aren't. What have they done but solidify his base?

Source?

>On a plane to Canada
>Old Maltese man who moved there after WW2 starts talking to me
>Goes on about how grear Canada is
>Moves on to how they're 'letting the wrong sort of people in' and how it was all over once they started letting members from other commonwealth nations immigrate in the 70s. Especially Sikhs and Indians.

Seemed pretty racist to me, user.

We may not be in the era of Jim Crow laws and I'm hardly a fan of SJWs but it is still a thing in most societies.

Saying that;

>Character we're not supposed to like
>Is a bitch
>'Why is this bad character saying bad things? ;_;' - OP

When did it become wrong for terrible characters to say terrible things? I mean, we want to communicate they're awful, how about they do a thing that we all know is awful?

What's the matter? It might encourage the 3 turbo racists reading the book?

Appearing on TV talking about science while black.

Turned Bernie Sanders supporters into potential voters for the vile Hillary Clinton.

You'd think after all the smears she launched against Sanders, some of them would wake up.

>2016
>casual racism still in real life
>really?

his base of racist fear motivated zealots that is

Where are you getting that from? Most polls I've seen indicate that Bernie supporters are by and large going to sit out and not vote. You get a few going to Hillary and a few going to Trump, but not enough to draw any conclusions from.

meme

>denial

both are spot on assessments as much as it rustles your jimjams

Yes, but they are meme responses.