Been meaning to read Hellboy for years and finally decided to start. My biggest issue is, where do I start...

Been meaning to read Hellboy for years and finally decided to start. My biggest issue is, where do I start? There are so many miniseries and I have no idea if they are standalone or not.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/84075179/#84075179
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you can just read hellboy without anything else if you want and follow it up with B.P.R.D.
if you want the whole lot pic related is your best bet

Try the chronollogical order.

All of them are here:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/84075179/#84075179

Is there another BPRD book planned for 1954?

yes there was a short story in their FCBD issue and this for september
Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: 1954—The Black Sun #1 (of 2)

Mike Mignola (W), Chris Roberson (W), Stephen Green (A), Dave Stewart (C), and Mike Huddleston (Cover)

On sale Sept 21
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries

When an unknown creature attacks a research group on an Arctic expedition, Hellboy and the BPRD are sent to investigate. No longer the newbie, Hellboy thinks he can solve the mystery immediately, but what they find in the snow reveals something much bigger behind the beast.

Yup, the solicits for october came out and theres a new one called 1954: The Black Sun, first issue should be out around september i would suspect

hell bump

Abe and Hell on earth omnibus fuckin whennnnnn gib

Hellboy is good enough to stand alone
BPRD is good enough to stand alone

intertwine them if you want.

Abe before HoE.

There's exactly a trades worth of abe stories that will have to make up Vol. 9, which will then put it at 3 even omnibus volumes, and since we don't have to wait for them to be released, it'll be quick after The Desolate Shore comes out.

But yea. Fucking hurry that shit up already DH.

wow i thought it was chronollogical about publishing dates. Didn't think it was the whole universe's chronollogical order. Did anyone read whole thing like that at the first time?

I've been working on putting not just the trades in chronological order, but every short, story and arc.

There's a lot. And a lot of them are not dated within the world.

I had previous previously read Hellboy, but the rest I read on those threads. It really works like it was a book, the universe and the continuity is really well done.

I'm not sure any people other than in the threads here on Sup Forums have read it that way, but I applaud the OP of those threads for his dedication, I'd have followed along but theres so much mignolaverse i haven't read yet, and i might miss chunks of it reading it that way.

The best part about all the series is that you can just pick up any of them and not be totally lost, even if the only hellboy you know is the movies, just read them in series order at the very least

If you jump from Hellboy v2 , to Abe Sapien v6 one after the other you've fucked up

Bump

Has there been any word on a seventh library edition for Hellboy in Hell?

>how I'll never get a Lobster Johnson omni

They literally reference each other. They're in the same universe and happening concurrently.

That's like only watching the Iron Man movies.

have faith user!

>To be clear, this is not the official reading order. There is no official reading order. The Hellboy Universe is made to be accessed from many different starting points. You could begin with “Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.”, which only began late 2014, and that’ll totally work. Discovery is meant to be a part of the reading experience. As Scott Allie said to me once, “Different reading orders will tell different stories, the surprises will be in different places. Everyone’s experience will be different.”
>Keep in mind, if you want to try out these series, you don’t need to read all of them. You don’t need to read “Hellboy” to read “B.P.R.D.” or vice versa. The individual series stand on their own very well. So don’t be afraid to experiment a bit.

Important note to remember from the person who compiled this. Don't fret the order too much.