Why was the Mist so fucking great?

Why was the Mist so fucking great?
And are there any other horror movies like it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mHc8hukbb5U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A Cure for Wellness > The Mist

its comfy desu
>ywn have a small town grocery store cashier gf

A Cure for Wellness is great but not to sound like a pleb its pretty slow desu and The Mist is fun and scary from start to finish.

Its so hard to find comfy horror these days.
Everything so loud and unfun.
I can just put The mist on when ever and it will be a good time.

>ywn have a small town grocery store cashier gf

It had potential, but they fucked it up by casting a 14 year old, and committing the single most egregious error you can make in a horror film—making the main character do the stupidest thing they can do at any given point in the movie.

Its funny, I always say the thing is the only good horror movie (at least for me, I hate serial killers and unsubtle ghosts), but then I remember the mist had a really nice atmosphere.

>Are there any movies like it?
The Fog

The Mist TV show? I've not seen it but I hear it's pretty terrible

I rented the movie but the quality's ass. I'll probably watch it really soon.

It really took full advantage of the setting to build suspense. If I had a complaint it would be that most of the characters were very bland and forgettable, limiting the impact of the ending, but the monsters and setting more than make up for it

>Why was the Mist so fucking great?

>he didnt like the ending

Because cute shota.

i just watched this for the first time last night. fucked me up desu

Even Stephen King, who tends to dislike movie adaptations of his work, thought the ending of the movie was better than his own.

Because ever since Lovecraft died, people have been wanting to siphon the shit out of Lovecraftian lore for centuries.

this!

Such a qt.

when the religious nutjob lady got shot... one of the most satisfying moments in cinema

*pow*

surely this won't fail

I'm curious about how they're going to end the show?

the book ending was stupid and cliche, the movie ending was pure kino, but then if they did the movie ending it would cross the line from adaptation to ripoff

literally

it's so fucking fulfilling

was this the sherminator's most serious role?

Lovecraft didnt invent monsters from other dimensions no matter how much memeddit wants to seem educated by saying he did

no, that would be taking my order for more nachos

Troll Hunter (2010) is also enjoyable and entertaining. Pretty underrated movie imo

That scene where they're pulling back the rope is fantastic.

I bet this guy hears a lot of pie fucking jokes even though he wasn't the one who fucked it, on camera anyway

this

The TV series is looking pretty solid so far.

But he popularized tentacle squid monsters that never get named or seen.

So fuck you

>first word I saw as I open the jpg is "misogyny"

Saved me a read.

and call of duty popularized twitchy aiming down sights focused multiplayer shooting, whats your point?

>slow
>anything
>ever
Literally turboADHD braindamaged hyperschizo pleb right here.

But CoD popularized it because they made it good. Lovecraft took a simple scary idea and made it good. You ever heard the saying that no one creates original ideas?

Go back to your cave.

Slither but more of a comedy and no oppressive atmosphere.

My favorite scene. I love the slow pace and the inevitability.

youtube.com/watch?v=mHc8hukbb5U

CfW had godtier atmosphere too. Problem is it was a horror
Movie that didn't fill in enough for something that went on for so long

>But CoD popularized it because they made it good.

not even going to tell you to go back to memeddit since the people there arent twelve either. Go back to youtube comments

Is the TV series bad-bad or just Sup Forums "bad"?

i also need to know this
also any spoilers on how theyre gonna end it?

i know its a meme but when I saw it in theaters the entire crowd started clapping when that bitch got shot

>airs on Spike TV
Yea, I'm gonna assume it's pretty terrible

That ending with the Norwegian prime minister admitting trolls are real is pretty spoopy

It could've been a lot better

WTF. I hate religion now.

Hate cults man.

What's the difference?

Fear of unknown and isolation are like the best bits of horror movies.
You obviously have to watch "The Thing" if you haven't already, cause it's the king of its genre.
"Cube" is amazing.
"Splinter" is short but good.
"Prince of Darkness" is decent.
You can also watch "Blood glacier" for the memes.

P.S. There is a move called "Altitude" which is basically "The Mist" but on a plane, but I don't recommend it cause it's about annoying teens and the ending is scuffed.

this movie is a great example of how book to film adaptations should be
dont directly rip off the source material but dont shit on it either, if you're going to adapt written word then do something to justify it absolutely needing to be in a visual medium

pic very much related

just finished watching a cure for wellness

it was good, but quite obvious what will happen and what will be the twist

the mist was far superior