CHALLENGE: Name a fictional character more pathetic than Bill Dauterive

CHALLENGE: Name a fictional character more pathetic than Bill Dauterive.

Protip: maybe you can

He comes close, but they don't show how truly miserable he is because it's a kids' show.

Fuck, was gonna post this
I would say he's worse, he technically only has one friend. Dr Roberts and Jeremy really don't count

Peggy is pretty pathetic. At least Bill has a career and has been shown to be able to do things that not every normal person would be able to accomplish when he puts his mind to it. Plus he's been hit on by several women so he isn't all that bad.

This. Bill is an average person, for all his dashed dreams of greatness and the people who tried dragging him down.

Peggy is actually deficient, had many of the same problems as Bill but was unable to overcome them.

I still nominate Bojack Horseman. He's like Peggy and Bill together had Bill become a star football player for a few short years, and 100% self-aware emotionally while slipping in and out of intellectual denial.

i can relate to bill....

Bojack's pathetic nature seems "lofty" and almost forced whereas there's a banality to bill's nature which adds more to it I think.

>Stable job
>Has friends who have cared about him for decades
>has been married and even dated several women after the divorce
>Has donated his time to multiple charitable groups
>Knows how to drive a tank

Bill isn't pathetic at all.

>Bill isn't pathetic at all.
No, he's pretty pathetic, the show acknowledges it on more than one occasion. Everything good that happens to him never lasts because of status quo.

Peggy is way more pathetic. Her lack of self awareness is astounding. She's terrible at everything and probably borderline retarded...
At least Bill has really good friends that look out for him. I cant think of any real friends that Peggy has.

I remember the first time i saw the skydiving episode and cheering as she fell...

>I remember the first time i saw the skydiving episode and cheering as she fell...

I guess in terms of loser-ness, Bill>Barney>Teddy.

My favorite Bill episode has to be the one where he passes own his family's legacy to Bobby, even though it was something as simple as a BBQ recipe. Kind of had something like that happen in my own life where a close family friend who was native american imparted unto me a new name and a box of treasures that were precious to him, his "happiness box". I could tell that it meant a lot to him and it's one of the few things in my life that I cherish

Jerry Smith, maybe.

Is Barney still sober or is he a drunk again? I forget. Barney is technically the biggest wreck but I don't feel like they dwell on how pathetic he is in lieu of drunk jokes. Like Bill is all about how Pathetic he is. Teddy to a lesser extent, sometimes they play on him being a loser but they mostly like to just play him being a giant oblivious dork.
He managed to trap a wife and kids, and in the most dire of circumstances he can be competent.

He's constantly being changed around. Last I saw he had a sweet bachelor's pad and showed off his fancy flat screen TV.

Barney's not pathetic. He's a drunken savant.

I would say Anthony Burch, but sadly he's a real person.

Not really the best example but Beast Boy in the original Teen Titans animated series doesn't learn shit on second watching:

>Constantly does anything for attention
>Jealous as shit when he isn't constantly praised in battle
>Finds determination in himself only to give up again once things go wrong
>Difficulties letting go of the past
>Can't be wrong in an argument
>Anything to do with Terra

Without Cyborg, he'd probably end up dead or a mildly successful villain. He gets better once he realizes Terra is alive and people depend on him outside of his team but it takes him entirely too long to get to that point.

>i remember the first time i saw the skydiving episode and cheering as she fell

Jerry Smith?

The suicide hotline blocked Moe's number.

at least carl has a loyal best friend that is always there for him

fucking this. there is literally no one more pathetic than moe.

Jerry isn't pathetic, just stupid and weak-willed.
He comes through when tested, and knows much more about family/love than Rick does.

he is literally programmed to be pathetic

What was in the happiness box user?

Toad's gotta be up there.

>hasent followed xmen in ever
>never knew beast's real name or that he was a doctor

>not using patrician taste and using pic related

I thought she was sweet and well intentioned at first but somewhere along the line she really did just become a conceited stronk woman bitch who repeatedly takes Hank for granted. The episode that really made me hate her was the one where she fell for that scam where she joined a special club for geniuses, and then gets bad at Hank repeatedly for rightfully trying to protect their savings from her and for trying to help her. Usually at the end there'd be some apology on her part for fucking up but not that episode.

She's pathetic but has good luck and good family looking out for her.

Bill is pathetic combined with tragic and has self destructive tendencies that often cause problems for those around him. Sometimes his friends only stick with him for the love of who he used to be and out of sheer pity.

So Bill is still worse off than Peggy even though Peggy deserves some suffering way more than Bill, who's had more than his fair share.

>not as stupid as some people think

I thought 616 Toad was actually supposed to be a genius level academic who just had crippling social issues on top of his mutation holding him back? Have they taken that from him and reduced him to a sadder, uglier, older X-Men Evolution Toad?

Anyhow I want to give him a hug. He doesn't deserve his lifetime of suffering.

Catfish tooth, a smiley face gumball, some pinbacks, a ring that spun in the middle when you moved it, and a smith & wesson pocket knife with some wild turkeys on the hilt. I think there were also maybe some coins in it too at some point. I misplaced several items over the years, still have most of the key ones I believe

Damn.

His brow furrows look like Military Chevrons.

Are there any stories out there when someone finds something like this and then we get a series of stories as to why each one is so special? I know they do the same basic thing but with coins in the Scrooge McDuck comics but I was looking for more random trinkets than coins.

Well Bill is an Army Sargent

Marten Reed

I don't see anything pitiful about your pic.

Bill has 3

Peggy

>There a people ITT who think Rick isn't equally as pathetic as Jerry

Most people who aren't retarded recognize Rick's far more pathetic

>I don't see anything pitiful about your pic.
What's pitiful is just outside the panel so of course you wouldn't.

What is the point of the panel then? lol

context?

fucking kek

Remember when Moe used to read to sick kids and the homeless?
Instead of >le funny suicide meme

Pick any character from this show

literally Bill 2.0

There is no more sad, pathetic bastard in all the known worlds both real and fictional than Clay Puppington.

Rusty Brown

Comics Ronnie from Whomp is pretty pathetic. I nominate the comics version because I don't find it likely that real Ronnie is that pathetic.

>Rusty Brown

teddy/bill its the perfect middleground
he is more positive than bill but less stupid than teddy, you can make his backstory that he was drafted but was discharted for some really dumb reason and became a handyman which isnt that far off

jerrys character design started as we need to make him the most beta guy that has ever been shown on tv

>Dropped out of high school to join the Army, became a barber
>Saddled with a conspiracy theorist, a mushmouth, and an autistic propane fetishist because they're the only friends that didn't abandon him when he stopped being a football hero
>Dumped by his wife who still managed to run his life for years afterwards
>None of his relationships ever last
>Nothing good that happens to him ever lasts
>Has no kids, knowing his bloodline ends with him
>Is in love with his best friend's awful harpy of a wife

can i trade you for the gumball? i havent eaten one in forever

Teddy's pretty dumb, but he's also just so fucking cheery. Nothing can keep him down for long. He has a good friend who serves him good food every day, he has a job he genuinely enjoys (and is good at), he loves hanging out with the kids because they're fun.

Teddy isn't a loser, he's just a little dim.

"Trap" being the keyword. He's stuck in a codependent relationship with a woman who swings between tolerating and resenting him, his kids don't respect him, he's had his house (and his life) taken over by his wife's alcoholic father who just showed up on his doorstep after years of being absent.

His kids think he's stupid, his wife thinks he's stupid AND resents him for ruining her life by knocking her up in high school, his father-in-law DESPISES him for being an emotional weight on his daughter, and he also hates his job (or is he unemployed?)

he fucked his hot technically not cousins and they didn't call him back since so it's fair to assume he got at least one pregnant.

Barney got his act together

Well, not 'any character'. Orel turns out great, Shapey and Block turn out okay, Christina is well-adjusted. Reverend Putty really grows as a person, his daughter Stephanie is by far the most well-adjusted person in town before Orel grows up.

Yeah, MOST of them are pathetic train wrecks, but not everyone.

He's not. Apparently he's had multiple people ask him if he's okay when he goes to conventions, and he explains that the comic is just a joke.

He's also really fucking tall.

They didn't call him back because he's Bill, which means his happiness can't last for more than a handful of episodes before it blows up in his face.

Also, don't forget that in the same episode his ACTUAL COUSIN was trying to ride his dick nonstop.

Nigga, there was no reason to think that he didn't impregnate them given how they were completely fine with dealing with him for his semen. Though you may as well assume that all good things that happen to Bill may as well be non canon

he's not even the most pathetic person in Moralton

Every day I wake up and thank God I'm not Anthony Burch.

Hands down the most pathetic cunt in fiction.

I think he might be, if only because almost everything wrong with his life is a direct result of his own decisions.

>tfw used to like Hey Ash What You Playing
I'm almost scared to ask

What is so special about him?

They didn't call back because the not-cousins moved out of the mansion when the family ran out of money and the actual-cousin died.

Thanks, I needed that today.

Less 'ran out of money', more 'Gilbert sold it'.

I assumed they were lying to get him to be okay with fucking them

literally my oc, who is literally me

He's a shit writer who worked on the Borderlands games and Saints Row games. But his greatest achievement was pressuring his wife into becoming a swinger and got the shaft when she went out and started fucking guys and he got no action all while trying to be bi and failing to get any guys either. She eventually left him and all he does spout SJW trite on Twitter.

The grandmother said that two of the cousins were by marriage, and she had no reason to lie.

Where is he from ?

pic related to OP's challenge. Seems himself as a sole member of his organisation, and despite of best efforts and ingeniety, fails.

BOTH OF 'EM!

sam

Harvey Beaks ya dink.