What did you think of Turbo Kid?

What did you think of Turbo Kid?

Wasn't there supposed to be a sequel or some kind of zombie move the director was working on now?

I unironically loved it and loathe anyone who says they even mildly enjoyed Kung Fury.

Also Apple was QT af

>tfw no manic pixie robot gf

I genuinely think it's a pretty good movie and makes me confused why Kung Fury got all the attention.
I would have liked it more if Apple wasn't such a manic pixie dream girl, but her being a gynoid somewhat balanced it out for me

Turbo Kid was fun and even unexpectedly original, Kung Fury was a lazy Danger 5 rip-off.

the ending was shit

This is the first time I've seen anybody draw any kind of comparison betweeen Danger 5 and Kung Fury. I don't see it at all, so could you elaborate?

it felt like a few different mlvies slammed together. it wasnt bad but, had its moments, but it wasnt particularly good.

Kung Fury is a meme movie, Turbo Kid is a movie

R E D D IT

For what it is it's "OK". Even as a shlocky film it isn't that great, though. Better than Kung Fury, or whatever the hell that piece of shit was called, but nothing i'd particularly recommend to people who like these kind of movies. And I do like this shit. The majority of dvds/blurays in my library are shlocky independent features. This was just "meh". It was trying too hard, and I guess really only appeals to try-hard hipsters. Go figure.

>I guess really only appeals to try-hard hipsters.
and waifufags

t. waifufag

It shamelessly ripped jokes completely from Danger 5, like the gunshot over the phone, and the supporting characters with animal heads for that shitty "Triceracops" pun.

Has this chick been in anything else?

Mindless schlock. Better off watching an actual 80s movie

I tried to watch it, but Apple put me off. Were Manic Pixie Dream Girls even a thing in the 80's?

Hot garbage

Shit just happened for the sake of it to be meme fodder

Gnome stick, really?

Also revealing that the bad guy is a robot? Who cares? It had 0 impact on anything

Turbo kid actually tried to make a decent movie while memeing about the 80's where as Kung Fury was full on nonsensical hipster shit.

Triceracops itself was a reference to a dinosaur buddy cop movie with whoopie Goldberg in which she's a police in the future where dinosaurs have come back and are sentient. I wish I was making this up

>Can you shoot lasers from your mouth?
>No im just a friendship unit
>Later the villain shoots lazers from his mouth
It was cute

Soundtrack is very good. Not a perfect movie but you can feel the creators passion for their subject. Has a lot of heart and Apple is my waifu.

I like it, but it's not the kind of movie I would want to watch with any male friends.

its dumb

I thought it was ok but the main character looked a lot like Johnny Borrell from Razorlight so I hated him for no rational reason.

>I would have liked it more if Apple wasn't such a manic pixie dream girl, but her being a gynoid somewhat balanced it out for me

That was the joke with Apple, that the maniac-pixie-dream-girl is so unrealistic that only a robot could possibly act like that. At first I hated Apple, but when it's revealed she's a robot built specifically to act like that, I really enjoyed her character.

Just because something that bugs you has an explanations doesn't mean it stops bugging you.

user it's not an explanation, it's a joke. Revealing she's a robot was the punchline. Open your heart to Apple, she's built to be your friend.

>>No im just a friendship unit
Does that include... you know?

Apple is for hugs and not for fugs.

You know it does

What if two friendship units met? Or are they built specifically for interaction with men?

She can even swallow. She is built for sex

>Kung Fury was a lazy Danger 5 rip-off.
Holy shit this, don't know how I never picked up on that.
It's even sadder when Danger 5 does the 80's aesthetic much better

is michael ironside basically
>reddit: the actor

?

It was pretty good for a nostalgia watch.

Kung Fury should never had gone further than that David Hasselhoff music video of it.

no he's /ourguy/

Would've been more fun if there were more fight scenes. I think there were only two long fight sequences (in the pool and at the end). Those fight scenes were funny and entertaining but the movie needed more of that.