The majority of Sup Forums wants actors who look like their comic book counterparts

>The majority of Sup Forums wants actors who look like their comic book counterparts
>Rather than better actors they want look-alikes

He'd make a great Black Panther

I'm a man of simple tastes. I just like seeing attractive people wearing all-ages kinky clothing.

>Sup Forums is stupid
What great news!

As long as they stay the appropriate race and gender.

It's because Sup Forums can't conceptually fathom what good acting is - they've only ever stuck to pop-films, or in more recent cases, the latest cape blockbusters featuring 'actors' who put miniscule amounts of effort into the acting. Another case is that they most likely also watch wrestling - wrestlers notably having physiques closest to exaggerated superhero anatomies - and think they should be put in these films simply on pure visual look.

>those thighs
Yes please

the one I hate the most is "I saw x actor's big film, so they should be this and this character based on that one performance"

Back to tumblr you go, zir.

It's not just a Sup Forums thing, though. I'm guilty of being on this hate wagon but Ben Affleck got shit on relentlessly for not being "Bruce Wayne enough" upon announcement... but he was the best thing about that supbar film.

>the majority of Sup Forums thought Ben Affleck didn't look the part for Batman, a character covered head to toe in armor with only the lower half of his face showing

>not getting Jamie Foxx to play Wonder Woman

So if a Pink Rhino is a great actor, should he be Aquaman in the next movie?

Really? How do you know that? I must have missed the poll

no one thought he didn't look the part, they were worried about his acting capabilities. he was a better batman and bruce wayne than scratchy voice

The lower half of his face didn't look the part

What I thought was funny is that he had an easily identifiable mole that people could connect bruce wayne to batman.

The farther an actor deviates from the popular concept of a character, the less they are immediately accepted and the stronger their performance needs to be to sell their version of the character.

There is a happy middle ground between skill and doppleganger.

You're not going to have Patrick Stewart show up and play Jaime Reyes.

>not getting jon hamm to play rosa parks

>not getting Benedict Cumberbatch to play Luke Cage

>not getting a fake plant to play Jessica Jones

As long as they're the same race and gender I don't care

It's amazing how all the "better actors" are usually just mediocre black actors that are popular.

Yeah, its really crazy how [thing I just made up] actually happens.

I want good actors that look the part too

I dont want a chubby trans Spiderman just because the actor is good

>not having Popeye play Spiderman

Every time I've heard the excuse for better actors over an actor that actually looks the part it's been about just mediocre black actors like Michael B Jordan rather than a case of a genuinely really good actor being hired in place of someone who looks like the source material.

To be honest honestly I would have preferred someone who looked like Wonder Woman and Psylocke instead of what we got
their parts weren't that significant at all really

>The majority of Sup Forums is about actors and comic book live action
The real shame

The writing matters more anyway.

>the minority of Sup Forums want race bending
>rather than an actor that actually looks the part

I'm Popeye the spider man *toot*
I do what a spider can *toot*
was bit by a spider
now I'm a crime fighter
I'm Popeye the spider man *toot*

Lena Dunham staring as Peter Parker in "The Amazing Spider...thing"

Why can't you have both? Is there a shortage of good actors that look like most comic book characters (white|attractive|fit)?

hat's wrong though cause they only person I hear anyone talking about is Bryan Cranston.
Who should play JJJ? Bryan Cranston. What about Green Goblin? Bryan Cranston. Man Lex sucked in BvS. Should have got Bryan Cranston.
Everybody just wants Bryan Cranston.

kek

That's fine though

I would have taken him as Lex or JJJ

I've never fucking hear that before. People were pissed off about Michael B Jordan in Fant4stic. Where are you getting this from?

>white guy that's a good actor playing white characters
What went wrong

I dunno, I think Sir Stewart could do a great job. Just imagine him arguing the merits of dentristry as a career path with his bratty little sister at the dinner table while his parents look on vaguely amused.

tumblr

Oh so you're one of those people that gets triggered about tumblr posts with 10 notes. Gross.

the only people who thinks lex suckedin BvS are the plebs that didn't realize that is Lex Luthor Jr, not the original Lex.

I actually don't want interesting actors in bland, by-the-numbers superhero movies. No matter how much they can elevate the material, the movies are never good despite them being there.

But he can look like all those parts.

>The majority of tumblr want to diversify roles instead of get lookalikes for the characters.
>This might lead to getting better more qualified actors.
>It doesn't.

He was a shit character regardless with nonsensical plan, no apparent motivation, and nothing good enough to justify the neurotic weirdo take on the character. Its shit.

It's not like we get good actors any ways. I feel like a compromise between the two is the best choice. Someone who acts ably AND looks like the character. I mean fuck it's not like it's hard to get a "look alike", unless you're distractingly weird in the face or tall or something most comic characters look like generic people. Everything else can usually be fixed by make up, dye or working out.

did you not watch the movie? its made perfectly clear during his talk with the senator at his house

That's about as valid a justification as saying the real Galactus was inside the cloud. It doesn't matter if the version we want to see is somewhere in the universe when all we get to see is shit that's vaguely related to them.

Yeah everybody knows the go to black actor to be in fucking EVERYTHING is Idris Elba.

I think that's why I'm okay with the new Spider-Man. For me, he doesn't really look like Peter Parker, but he feels like Peter Parker.

A bunch of stupid angels and demons thematic bullshit doesn't establish motivation and probably more importantly what the fuck was he was actually trying to accomplish with his dumb plan.

You know he really would've made a good T'Challa if he was younger. I would actually love if Sidney got a little cameo in BP now.

>alex luthor
>vaguely related to lex

a son is vaguely related to his father?

People just don't want black people in their movies, I'd watch an all white Black Panther film though

he wanted to bring the kryptonite into the US because, like his father, he hates and is jealous of the power that superman possesses. my 10 year old niece grasped that concept and you, a comic fan, didn't?

Character-wise.

Oh its you again, the guy from my Lex thread that kept claiming this Lex was good because of birthright right?

Which was wrong on all accounts too

He looks more bully-able than Garfield so that's a plus

I don't think he's cute enough. How's he supposed to pull bitches left and right? Where's the appeal.

Do people hate Samuel Jackson, Anthony Mackie, Elba etc now?

joaquin phoenix was the studio's first choice - a far more nuanced, accomplished actor than cranston, but cranston has more star points so I'm sure he was pursued actively and wanted by fans of his from breaking bad.

I feel like the most likely outcome we would have gotten with cranston would have been 'serviceable but not outstanding job with a mediocre script"

Why is American diversity just adding in as many black guys as possible?

>you people
Who people?
>some black guy names
I'm not a fan of any of those guys, am I meant to be?

nope, this lex was good because it harkens back to the original lex of mad scientist days

don't get me wrong, I would have preferred the Justice League Unlimited Lex, but I'm not a faggot that cries every time i don't get what I want in a movie

Whats wrong with having both, id rather have actors and actresses that look like said character at least closely and still be good actors

That's for college.

He could be Lex, Lex Jr. or fucking Spartacus and I would have still hated the little faggot.

Orignal mad scientist Lex wasnt a cringey autist that trembled in every bit of dialoug

I gave it a chance too, i didnt like the casting but hey its Heath Ledger all over again

But it wasnt and i hated it

It doesn't matter what you think. It matters what the general audience thinks. And those black guy names are pretty hot names.

>Who people?
that's what I was asking, I wasn't making the claim

What blockbusters have they starred in? Not provided supporting roles
>general audiences
Don't watch black movies or black led films

meant for

What?

Jaime Foxx would've been a better War Machine then Don Cheadle or Terrence Howard

General audiences aren't really fond of black actors, that's why Elba can't be Bond or anyone important in movies that aren't directed by Tyler Perry.

Nope no moving goalposts. You never mentioned them needing to be leads.
Those are black people people like in movies. That's it.

casual racism in film in other news water is wet

Lots of historic racial tension.

black actors not named samuel l jackson or denzel washington won't command money in the box office. this, like everything else, is a business, not a bullshit diversity college class

You're asserting people like black people in movies, those black guys don't get to star in films, they're relegated to side characters with less screen time than their peers. I wonder why that is, given that their names are so hot.

So basically you just conceded to that guys point? Nobody wants to see a black Bond, Spiderman, Batman, or anyone else of importance because they're black.

He's literally in high school senpai. He should only be pulling bitches everywhere he goes when he's older

Lmao this. They always say diversity but it always is a white woman or an black male.

this

Sup Forums is a den of plebs

>Will Smith
>Denzel Washington

The original claim was they didn't want them in movies at all. I remember anons claimed the same thing was the case for asian actors, but not black actors

>Denzel Washington
Films have actually been bombing, he's overpaid in the last decade. Quick Google search can confirm
>Will Smith
He's mixed

nice try

They don't, your citing AAA movies where black guys are on the sidelines the entire film as examples of audiences desiring blacks in media. If people wanted black movies, guys like Elba, Mackie and Jackson would have some widely successful films where they aren't the lackey.

Does anyone even notice anything else here?

because white people only give the spot for like 3 people and while arabic and asian people have their own shows in their homelands black people got literally shit quality nothing.

at least that's what my friend told me who works in films and tv-shows.

>racism
You can't say that people not liking blacks is racist, it's literally a business. People want Hiddleston for Bond over Elba because Hiddleston is more attractive to them, you can't force people to idolize black people.

HAHA HGAHAA
cucks be lying for days

How many hispanic guys starred in Civil War or the Avengers? I mean we're the largest minority group in the states and get fuck all

Meanwhile there's like five niggers in the movie, all males. Movie producers are obsessed with blacks and only blacks.