Favorite hero?

Just curious to see people's favorite comic and cartoon heroes, and more importantly why they like that hero.

Doesn't have to be specifically mainstream comic book super heroes, just the generally heroic type.

Pic related for me.

Since he had a comic run, I guess I'd go with Harry Dresden. His comics tend to be pretty hit or miss and blue show sucked but the books are legendary

One of my favorite charactes in all of fiction. .

Static

Sonic the hedgehog, the original one.

Spider-Man but Supes is a close second.

Batgirl

Either moon knight or daredevil
Or maybe Richard Rider nova
I also really like hal jordan

Batman/Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Blackagar Boltagon/Black Bolt

Just what I grew up with. Batman and Dick because they're both humans who lead superpowered metahumans with their intellect, skill and hard work.

Black Bolt because he can destroy worlds by speaking...and he annoyed in infinity which is difficult to do

Batman

yall are missing the
>and more importantly, why?
part of things.

Mine is pic related. Why? Pure rule of cool.

I don't have to fucking explain shit to you asshole

As a guy working on a Theology PHD focusing on the beliefs people have held about demons I've gotta say Ghost Rider has the most potential, then again so many of the old demons are routed in beliefs that would appear bigoted today. Though some, such as Behemoth, could work with the whole anti-capitalism push going through comics atm.

Rai, the protector of cyberpunk japan that fights against over-the-top robotic giant dragons
The design is cool too

Yeah, you want lots of cool depictions of classic religious demons? Read the books that this guy mentioned. The comics are good too but the books are where the good stuff is at.

Red Hood
Batman
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Green Arrow
Superman

Are my top five comic characters.

I've actually had that recommended to me, got the audiobooks all downloaded just need to get roudn to listening to them.

Excellent taste. Just got done with Superman: Earth One, and I'm now reading Red Hood and Arsenal.

1. Jackie Estacado (The Darkness, Top Cow Comics)
2. The Flash (Dc Comics)
3. Nightwing (Dc Comics)
4. Spiderman (Marvel Comics)
5. Superman (requires no introduction)

Wally mother fucking West

The original, not the black one. His backstory is what makes him great, its nothing like batmans, superman's, barry allen's or anyone who lost parents. He's just a pimp.

Cyclops
because he's right

Brainiac 5 (mainly reboot), though I suppose he's not the most heroic hero out there.

I like his personality, development and weird ass family history. I'm not even sure why but his story just feels more "real" to me than most other heroes, perhaps because he's very pointedly flawed from start to finish and causes a lot of his own problems.

Spider-Man. As a young kid I felt like a bit of an outcast, so responded well to stories about Peter the outcast being able to be this cocky, spectacular hero.

As an adult I still find a lot interesting about the themes that inhabit the character and his stories - the responsibility to do good, even at the cost of self-sacrifice, the toll that takes on a man, and what motivates him to keep doing good. When written well that shit is golden.

1. Blue Beetle (Jaime and Ted are Interchangeable here)
2. Booster Gold
3. NOVA
4. Guy Gardner
5. Wally West

He-Man and Conan! Barbarian kickass heroes!

That looks hilarious. Might have to read it.

You Shouldn't, The New52 Blue Beetle run was fucking horrible.

How so?

Holy shit that looks awesome, is it an actual book or just a fan art?

I suggest reading the 2006-2009 run if you want to understand why the New52 Blue Beetle was so fucking bad.
It just kinda Ruins fucking everything, It made Jaime Spineless and the Scarab an even bigger fucking jerk.

Spider-Man
Fucked up the characters literally created like 4 years prior

Nope unfortunately is fan art by Marko Djurdjevic. The best team-up that will never happen.

I'd have to say static as well. His character in the show just resonated with me. He was corny, witty, and, black.

Wildcat is a close second

Who is this guy? Never seen or heard of him before.

A bit cliche, but a tie between Superman and Batman.

Superman for his dedication to truth and justice. I really like how he has such incredible power and uses it to help others. I also enjoy whenever he uses strategy and tactics to win without killing his enemies.

Batman for his unrelenting will. He crusades for justice by going after criminals. Through hard work and dedication he becomes just as efficient as people with powers. I really like his tactics and wit. It shows how he has to work his brain a lot more due to his lack of power.

>having excellent taste

Reminds me of this.

The one, the true, the original.

I got nothing but respect for Carol, but he had the name first, and it'll always be his to me.

And the less said about that surly, Nu52 asswipe in the hoodie, the better.

Good taste. I actually don't know who Nova is, any details you can give me?

SHAZAM! Captain Marvel is great. I really hope the Shazam movie is done well. Billy could be the new bastion of hope. Gotta show them who the real "Captain Marvel" is.

Marvels version of the Green Lantern, just replace rings with helmets.
It's pretty good, it's the only Marvel book i'm really following right now.

1. The Flash
2. Spider Man
3. Green Lantern (Hal)
4. Nightwing
5. Shazam

I always go with the flash as #1 because his powers are hilariously OP, the quips, and his actual good villains like the rogues

>let me know your favorite hero and why
>doesn't say why he likes his favorite

Pretty much the same as this guy said.
I like the Idea of GL's in general ( especially Guy ), but Alan is the original Willpower badass.

>surly, Nu52 asswipe in the hoodie
>surly
>His comic was literally about his growth as a person and into the role of a hero
>almost all of his appearances after that have him as a lighter character
>he wasnt a gosh gee wilikers good boy so not muh
God I hate you people

I actually liked his new 52 run.

>Jonah Hex
Love me a good ol' spaghetti western hero
>Aquaman
Really enjoy both the old, goofy and dumb stories about having aquatic adventures as well as when he's portrayed as a man trying to balence being a king and a hero.
>Superman
The guy who will do the right thing no matter what
>Godzilla
Fuck you he's a true hero

Yeah what gives? Where's his reason?

Op didn't say why. so stop your birching at other people when its clear who needs telling.
Like seriously if your going to impose rules in your own thread fucking follow them yourself as OP.

Everyone knows who the best damn brainiac is.
The real L.E.G.I.O.N. has periods.

Actually,OP did ask for why. Read it again.

Superboy is my favourite. I just feel, connected to him, with the struggles he faces, and the struggle to control his powers at times too

you read his post again

Finally get an excuse to post this

Superboy always my fave

>and more importantly why they like that hero.

It's pretty clear.

Ugh you read it again
He asked but he did not state HIS OWN REASONS FOR LIKING SUPERMAN

The godamn Batman of course.

Has the best villains and BTAS was my childhood. Its a shame what Snyder is doing with him now, Batfleck himself seems fine but its a shame he has to be in a Snyder film. The last Nolan films were good except the last one.

Another one I feel connected to, shame he had so much conflict within himself

Static, aka one of the best black superheroes. Watch Static Shock, it's definitely one of the better DCAU shows.

Same any interaction between those two is awesome.

HOW YOUNG ARE YOU IF YOU DO NOT KNOW ABOUT STATIC MOTHEREFFING SHOCK

Who the fuck cares if hes black, honestly?

Did you say Superboy?

Fuck off, Nu52 was the worst Billy so far.

That's what makes his character so good, being black isn't his entire character. I really miss Milestone comics, they understood this more than anybody in the industry.

I just want to star off by saying i fucking hate current Marvel's official universe. However Deadpool will always be my favorite, I relate too well to Wade. I didnt gave a fucked up childhood but somewhere my brain kinda cracked for a bit, old school 'Pool really helped me through that shit.

Despite SJW memes, race does indeed have an impact on your life. How much it affects you though is based on your own free will.

You know what? Whatever you fucking say user

Hal Jordan.

I liked The Maxx at first when I was a teenager because image comics edge is cool. Later though, because of reasons related to why I like Deadpool, I became homeless. During a "stable" spell while living as a bum I marathoned it again and watched it in a whole new light. I think I teared up at the end , thinking back.

Will you people chill the fuck out?

I like superman because he's pretty much THE super hero. Not only was he a huge part of kicking off the genre, he is the standard by which other heroes are measured.

Plus I just like the guy. He's a lot more relatable than most heroes even with all his powers because when it comes down to it he's just the average Joe who pushes himself to help people.

Well, I'm Canadian and honestly, everywhere west of Toronto there aren't many black folks, I never gave Static's race a second thought. In prairie Canada Natives have taken the ghettoized fucked over race role(que in some fag from Sup Forums). Being Native myself I've never seen a Native North American cape hero who doesnt subscribe to some fucking tomahawk shaman bullshit trope. So i understand where youre coming from.

Calm down. It's just disrespectful to impose a rule on others while not following it yourself. Superman wouldn't do that, would he?

no chill on this guy

Yeah, he totally would. He stops people from murdering others but will do plenty of killing himself.

Still, I get what you mean.

Why do you like gal boredom?

You're the kind of person who ends up like SuperboyPrime

Im not OP but why do you say that? Not familiar with much pre new 52 DC stuff.

Another reason why Superboy is the best (he a gyallis)

There, that wasnt so bad, was it?
I agree, Clarks just like the nicest fucking guy you're ever going to meet and he's burdened with the responsability of being the most powerful known metahuman on a planet notorious around the galaxy of being a hotspot for retarded metabeing drama that every evil empire and omnipotent being wants to take a crack at. I think the fact his heart is so fucking huge is a worse Achelous heel then the kryptonite, to be honest.

Superboy Prime was obsessed with Superman (unhealthily). He began to think he was the real superman (If I'm not mistake, I never actually read any of the superboy prime comics)

(Can someone confirm this 4 me?)

Superboy is one of my faves. I have the perfect look for cosplaying him so I've always been a fan.

Even when Clark didn't have his powers he was standing for what was right

Always though superman was an old borning hero till I started reading my way through Superman: Earth One and Allstar Superman and I'm really falling in love with the character. Fucking hate that quote on the cover of Earth One though.

Okay what the heck is this? I'd always got the impression that most of this board thought superman was a shit-tier hero that was either too stupid/overpowered, old fashioned and boring, or both.

Post it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are excited to see ittttt

Doxx II(brainiac 2 was his slave name, fans know this) because I aspire to be like what he aspires to be. He knows he has faults and doesn't deny them. He embraces them while overpowering them with his own merits and really doesnt give half a fuck what people think of him in the end. He stared at rock bottom, created to be Brainiac's lab bitch and climbed up the ladder with his own force of will.

That's usually only casuals or bait posters. Though some people here like Superman to be contrarian against the normies who say that Superman is boring. It's really weird. I've always liked Superman though.

Oh no, not a fucking chance. I've had pictures of me posted on the facebook pages of cons I've worked at and I know what happens when Sup Forums is one google search away from your facebook.

I choose life.

That's proably actully a smart thing to do, lol

Superman wouldnt be afraid

can't blame ya, lel

i've been groeing my hair to get the classic Superboy hairstyle,, it's long enough now just gotta find a barber that I trust, lul

Because even though i have a gruff prick-like exterior im full of rainbows.

>superhero
>wouldn't be afraid to expose identity
lol wut

Also, Martian Manhunter is my favorite, the one guy who can make the entire DC universe his bitch.

Hawkeye, particularly the "Hawkguy" characterization because he's just some dude making his way as a hero with relatively little. He's not a paragon of virtue like Steve or a God, or a millionaire. He's a guy with a bow.

Also, The Great Machine. But that's more about how much I like Ex Machina than Mitchell himself. his powers and suit are also really cool imho.

Wesley Dodds too, same reasons.

>1. Wally West
Kid acted as a perfect self insert in his early days, the superhero fan riding shotgun with the Flash. He wasn't just a sidekick, he was a sidekick that represented the reader.

After that we got perhaps the largest uninterrupted run ~200 issues of quality writing and character development. We see a teenage kid with serious flaws and issues evolve into a true hero who ends up being someone that every around him looks up to.

>2. Aquaman
He is unique in that he has to balance kingship with being a hero, he exists in a unique environment has one of the best written romantic relationships and has the capacity to provide dumb comfy fun. I'm a big fan of world building and with Aquaman you get that in spades.

>3. Superman
I'm a fan of superheroes and this guy embodies both parts of that word. Super? He is exceptionally powerful which allows for truly epic stories to be told. Hero? The guy has the best moral compass in the game and can genuinely give you that feel good feeling inside when you read him. On top of that he has the best dual identity thing going on and I find Clark Kent really relatable as far as being a nervous nerd is concerned. Clark being relatable allows Superman to be the perfect vehicle for escapism.

Now that I think about it, Superman is to me as an adult what Spiderman was as a teenager. I connect with the alter ego and enjoy the escapism the superhero side provides. Peter is the witty but shy teenager who doesn't get the girl and Clark is the guy who shines so bright on the insight but can't convey that to everyone around him.