Who is excited for cultural appropiation: the movie?

Who is excited for cultural appropiation: the movie?

youtube.com/watch?v=p4-6qJzeb3A

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8EqHQipKjAQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm mildly hype. I'll see it in theaters if I have the chance.

>Who is excited for cultural appropiation: the movie?
You white people need to fuck off with your "DATS APPROPRIATION!!1!" bullshit. There's literally nothing wrong with cultural appropriation, fuck off. There's literally nothing wrong with appreciating others' cultures, fuck off. There's literally nothing wrong with mixing cultures, fuck off. You people ruin fucking everything.

I was not aware of this movie until your post. In the context of a godforsaken, barren wasteland that is this summer's animated movie schedule, I find myself quietly pumped. An original movie that plays fast and loose with traditional japanese cultural traditions? Count me in.

I sincerely hope that your claim of cultural appropriation is sarcastic. No japanese were harmed in the making of this film, and there is no need to be offended on their behalf. Until then, I will watch Folktales from Japan and chuckle politely at ancient Japanese marriage lore.

>There's literally nothing wrong with cultural appropriation
Actually there's a fuckton wrong with cultural appropriation.
The issue is people call out appreciation as appropriation, really cultural appropriation is the "we wuz kangs" shit where people outright try to claim that someone else's culture is really their own.

That's a really good version of "while my guitar gently weeps". Who did it?

Please, kill yourself.

Did someone say...... KUBO?!

>cultural appropiation
well do americans have a choice? their culture is fucking boring and they have done pretty much everything that was possible with european fairy tales

Video of the guy doing the Harrison cover on shamisen

youtube.com/watch?v=8EqHQipKjAQ

>their culture is fucking boring
Most people thought Over the Garden Wall was great and that was primarily based off Americana with a bit of European stuff mixed in.

lol its ok when blackie does it huh?

fuck off back to tumblr oversensitive cunt

well its not so much boring, rather its limited.

look at . america as a nation is pretty fucking young. the only culture we have is pioneers, cowboys, americana and a little bit of colonialism. plus wars... wars and wars. with the advent of consumerism what little culture america had left became sterile and boring.

now look at europe, they have shit that spans the ages. from wars to reformations to empires collapsing.

its only natural for americans to take stuff from other cultures and try to somehow identify with it.

The United States is mixing pot where cultures intermingle to better each other.

You don't like it you can crawl back to Nortu Korea.

>Be white person
>Make story about white people
>Get called racist for excluding other races and cultures
>Make story about not-white people
>Called out for cultural appropriation

How do you win?

Easy. Stop giving a shit.

Make a story about rocks who roll around and stuff. Rocks aren't racist.

How to win:
Stop giving a shit about people who yell at you for hurting their feelings and make the stories you actually want to tell.

If it doesn't offend someone, it won't impress anyone.

Honestly, I'm in it for the stop-motion. Always loved that style.

By empowering those whom your ancestors (and therefore YOU) oppressed to create their own artistic manifestations. But not in a paternalistic way, shitlord.

because if you look at the poster most of those non white characters are voiced by white people

which is "bad"n shit

Well, that's historical revisionism which is literally fascist

Yes. I've been interested in this one since I found out about it. ParaNorman was great, Caroline was good, and Boxtrolls wasn't that bad. There isn't really much of anything else I'm looking forward to in movies anyways.

>That's a really good version of "while my guitar gently weeps".
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.

Is it bad that a black guy voiced a japanese character in Samurai Jack? I can't tell any more.

>giving jobs to non-whites
>not profiting off other cultures

Studio Laika is saving animation one film at a time.

Funny thing is the people who would give the least shits about that are actual Japanese people, it's only middle class white Americans who actually pretend to care.

>Japanese people are asked about Scarlett Johansen cast in Ghost in the Shell as Motoko Kusanagi
>"Seems fine to me."

>They built a 25 foot tall skeleton puppet for this movie

>Muh cultural appropriation
>As though we are all Zhou dynasty Chinese, Phoenecians, Babylonians, Sumerians, Akkadians, Egyptians, Myceneans, Athenians, Bantu, Cherokee, Kwakiutl, Incan, or Aztec

All culture is appropriated and derived. All culture is stolen and built upon until nobody even remembers who they borrowed it from.

It must be nice to be able to work on whatever passion projects your heart desires without executive meddling because your family is already rolling in dosh.

>there will never be a movie like Kubo but set in 14th-15th century europe
imagine the beautiful shit studio Laika could come up with

>People eventually succeed in getting Speedy Gonzales cancelled because it's too racist against Mexicans
>Turns out Mexicans actually loved the show and protested to get it back

If anything this has me interested just because While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

We wuz kangz isn't bad because of appropriation; it's bad because of revisionist history.

And cultures aren't necessarily static. All of Latin America speaks European languages. Europe as we know it only exists because of Greek framework and Middle-Eastern religion. Port cities along the gulf of Mexico (Havana, Port-au-Prince, New Orleans) are all culturally syncretist by history and geography.

For all of the differences that the tumblr strawman and the Sup Forums strawman have, this deep-seated need for cultural isolationism is an overlap.

I rolled right into that one.

That's it Kubo is now automatically best animated film winner.

o shiet a gashadokuro. nice

The hypest

Thank you BASED NIKE

This is really funny out of context because the slut next to her is purple

i would be more upset at how tiny pearl's nose is

This movie looks like it has heart

Nike? The shoe company? What do they have to do with this?

>implying it won't be Finding Dory or Moana

The guy who runs Laika studios is the founder of Nike's son.
So Laika don't care how they do box office wise because they've got daddy's money.

Hooray for capitalism?

Why do you think that they'll never try European medieval fantasy?

No, that would be plagiarism

>That pearl

HOORAY!

I wonder how the shoes will look this time.

Cultural appropriation can be great, just look at all the anime that's shamelessly exploiting western fashion, culture or religious imagery or themes or victorian whatever

For ONCE, yes.

more like nepotism.

I am; it looks cool. Can't people just enjoy things anymore?

Don't tell me, you think that people shouldn't spend the money they've earned from creating a wildly successful company on funding their kid's beloved hobby? You feel like you should get to dictate what people may and may not do with their money?

Yeah, fuck the only socioeconomic system in human history that encourages the movement of goods, culture and people. Boy, I really wish we lived in a military theocracy.

OP is just a faggot. Nothing new.

I'm excited. It's a thing now where I take my mom to go watch Laika movies now since Coraline. Might bring my dad along since he's always watching samurai movies, so he might enjoy this.

>white people are the ones who cry "DATS APPROPRIATION!!1!"

>tumblr
>calling blacks "blackie"
>defending appropriation

Are you thick?

When it's in art, people who pick up something from another culture because they like how it looks/sounds is just how it's been ever since mankind was capable of creating cave paintings and small sculptures. It's called inspiration.