who the fuck greenlit this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DX6LPS_PcCw
youtube.com/watch?v=MKdKbT0yUz8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyline_(film)
darkhorizons.com/valerian-isnt-as-big-a-risk-as-it-appears/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Didn't they learn anything from Jupiter Ascending

Besson did. All the action movies he's produced, like Taken, have lead to this movie. He did those films so he would be able to produce his dream project.

fucking hated the trailer. it was offensive to my eyes and the song at the beginning reminded me of another song which just irritated me more

youtube.com/watch?v=DX6LPS_PcCw
youtube.com/watch?v=MKdKbT0yUz8

clear laundering scheme

still going to see it lol

No

Anything with Carl Delevingne is guaranteed to bomb. He's a box office killer

>Directed by Luc Besson
>Produced by Luc Besson
>Written by Luc Besson

I hope for him it won't flop

It's funded by a bunch of foreign studios. It's gonna bomb for the same reasons Jupiter Ascending did: two unappealing leads in a CGI shitstorm that makes zero narrative sense.

>0 hype
>costs a ton
That is what worries the most and unibrow as a lead actress.

Best movie of the year. im callin it

When will these moronic simpletons learn! And of course it isn't that they chose the wrong, property, or directed poorly or promoted it poorly or any of the above, it's because it's science fiction. So from here on it's science fiction's fault the movie failed.

1. Fuck unions and writes rights bullshit, if I'm sinking 220 million i'm having at the very least, fifty writers.

2. Fuck Studios, If i'm sinking that much money, I'm doing its CGI retarded cousin or animation or something and try to illicit some kind of retort from selected groups.

3. I'll have one director direct something for all of a few weeks, maybe a quick choppy edition of what I want and have a sit down with the brass to go through what works and what doesn't. And between the choppy shot film, and the animation CGI version, we'll harmer out what works and what doesn't. Do you people have any idea how many smaller budget films they could have shot for that amount of money? 220 million?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyline_(film)

10-20 million.

Profit, 49 million.

They did 79 million world wide and did well in home releases.

>220 million

Wow!

Im sure it will be since we need a good space opera.

Never even heard of this, is it one of those teen book turned into a movie?

>

Its from a french comic book i believe.

THE THING IS THE LEADS ARE REALLY DULL

IF BESSON COULD GET A YOUNG EQUIVALENT OF BRUCE WILLIS OR MILLA JOVOVICH AGAIN THEN IT WOULD BE GREAT BUT BOTH LEAD ACTORS ARE EXTREMELY UNCHARISMATIC

Skyline was also awful

I saw a promo on TV where Cara is delivering the worst fucking roundhouse kick I've ever seen and I can't find it online

I actively stay away from anything so cgi filled. It's so boring

>a model and literally who as the leads
what could go wrong?

It's an old comic. Star Wars took a lot of inspiration from the design it has.

This?

Beyond Skyline will be released any day now you will see that it's best to spell a little and try to accomplish a lot than to spend it all and produce nothing.

It did wel enough to warrant a sequel. And I liked it. Why didn't you? Nevermind, we're all entitled to our opinions in life.

what alien race is this?

This may be the next fifth element boy.

Are they brother and sister?

The call them Synophrys.

Cara looks like she borrowed her mum's spacesuit. If you knocked on those titholders there'd be an echo.

HIGHLY doubtful

is she related to this guy?

Nobody is losing money. It's a money laundering / tax evasion scheme for the studio. Almost every studio does it.

Is it the girl that pushed her bf to suicide?

>who the fuck greenlit this

It sounds like a big money laundering scheme

the movie is a definite flop but i still wanna see it

>nobody is losing money
nobody but the goverment

>including a $50 million Chinese investment
lol

I enjoyed the fifth element. It looks like this will be enjoyable. Whether it flops or not won't really impact whether I enjoy it or not.

>nobody but the goverment

It takes in way too much money already.

>that boobarmor

To be fair, nearly every summer movie this year has flopped

Cara used to be hotter.
What happened?

This doesn't look "only made 150% of its budget" bad though

This looks "$37 opening weekend" bad

dane is so cute im not dane btw

>how dare europeans not make the same corporate boardroom approved disney crap!!! Dont they know how to make money?

Why did they cast a nu male and pig face as lead characters?

This is how original designs look like

Well I didn't see any dogboys with laser roller blades. So they learned a little.

>that lack of muscle on him.
They made the right choice

I'm guessing none of you niggers have seen The Fifth Element. I'm telling you now this movie will be underrated as fuck and then become a cult classic. Screencap this shit.

That's funny because I don't see Bruce Willis in this movie.

They spent 220 milly on adapting an SF saga with a massive, detailed universe and a shit-ton of lore and instead of grabbing Iain M. Banks' Culture series they made THIS.

Darkest fucking timeline. Fuck my fucking parallel universe self watching the trailer for Consider Phlebas while President Sanders gets single-payer going.

Equating Cara Delememe to Milla Jovovich is fucking insulting too

Booze and coke, I imagine. Still would.

Her nose is too big.

I know, right? Fuck this guy

Of fugg, Luc Besson? I have to see it!

>while President Sanders gets single-payer going
I already could tell you were a faggot but seriously LOL

>cast an ugly "actress" who can't act.

WHY
WHY
WHY

The Avatar races and the qts will carry it.

Luc Besson just does whatever the fuck he wants because he's had so many huge successes in Hollywood. He was like "I wanna make another sci-fi" and they let him.

You had me until Bernie.

I willl never get over
>B-bernie was my retirement plan!

Fuck you, I love Culture but Consider Phlebas would make an absolutely shit film. I don't want any of those novels to become movies, it just wouldn't work.

Why dont you people realize this isnt a hollywood movie?

Nepotism.

Yeah, really HBO would be a better option. Why can't we have tits and lasers instead of tits and dragons?

>Muh gravitas

>i haven't read the books and/or i don't know what 'gravitas' means

I expect this will be quite good, but they picked an awful time to release it because nobody is seeing anything right now and everything is flopping. As usual, the fate of this film is in China's hands.

Maybe the Chinks will finally save something good then?

I liked it
It was a but different
The end was awesome
A sequel you say?
Noice

>not knowing who The Beatles are
There is no future.

Watching that shitty trailer, who actually thought the movie was gonna be a hit?

No based Eric Balfour in sequel
Booo

>those big boobiecups on Cara's armour

completely unnecessary desu

I guess she could keep stuff in there, small items.

money laundering in the guise of "le art filme"

Lockout was heckin' good fun, I think this will too be heckin' good fun

>that makes zero narrative sense
He says having never seen the movie

Wasn't the entire point of that film just narcissistic wankery for the original tranny brother?

How can 1,000 planets be in one city huh

It's like a galaxy being on Orion's Belt

Its like mega city one, but in space.

what's the raunch level on this one?

There's a really over the top 45 minute scene of Dane deepthroating Cara

In the Hyperion Cantos there was a river that ran through a series of instant teleportation gates, linking sections of river on many different planets together in one mega-river. You could do the same with a city I guess.

Delegations from 1000 different planets. They've all built this one, gigantic city in the space, where they do their diplomacy,

Think Babylon 5, but in much grander scale.

>that codpiece

This seems like a great way for plagues to spread. That's how the Fourth Imperium fell, plagues spreading through the teleportation system.

>there are more planets in this city than atoms in the universe

The Strauss brothers did well by the way. I loved it, especially that ending.

That saddens me.

>oops
>lol

Remember when Cara was actually worth gazing upon?

Women really know how to remove all of their appeal

Another (((cinematic universe))) bites the dust.

I hope it is a hit. I do not expect it to be a hit however.

Except this timethere is aactually a decent director at the helm instead of the Hackchowskis

I'm guessing this got greenlit for fipm treatment because of how good Guardians of the Galaxy has done against all odds.

Like, I just got GOTG vibes when seeing the trailers.

Absolutely degenerate.

>Sup Forums saying it's going to flop
Massive box office success guaranteed

darkhorizons.com/valerian-isnt-as-big-a-risk-as-it-appears/

“Like every film company, we will only greenlight a project if at least 80% of its budget is covered. With ‘Valerian,’ we’ve covered 96% of the budget with pre-sales. The risk to EuropaCorp is 4% of the budget so there’s no actual financial risk. The risk for the company is more one of notoriety. If the film is a big flop, we’ll lose credibility for making these sorts of films. The risk is not financial, but rather human.”

That's Empire from the Ashes, right?