Damn

Damn...
refinery29.com/2017/06/160312/jk-rowling-two-harry-potters-potter-ancestry?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=post

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/books/2017/jun/24/20-years-harry-potter-jk-rowling-gryffindor-pyjamas-birthday
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>make something that's okay
>run it into the ground because autists have slightly better ideas than you

>Write a series of books that make you $$$
>Start revisiting the franchise once you start running out of money
Fuck J. K. Rowling. The fact that she disguises her greed as fan-service is disgusting. As if the world needs Harry Potter prequels and sequels and spin-offs. Just leave it be and come up with something new.

>muh evil no-integrity writer who is desperate for money

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. JK Rowling is never going to not be rich. The original books still sell. The movies still sell. The fucking website where you buy replica magic wands still makes money. There's a fucking theme park for the franchise and 4 upcoming films that ARE well liked and successful apart from on the recesses of anonymous imageboards where whining movie nerds cry about "authorial greed" and "lack of integrity" because writers also want to make money.

Pathetic.

You're worth billions J.K., don't you have anything better to be doing than defending yourself on a Mongolian basket-weaving board?

Sorry you wish you were me, Suzanne Collins

The thing that feeds itself

If anything, Rowling should apologize for creating one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Yes, the original books will sell and that is fine. But to allow that god-awful play which reads like a fanfic and a prequel film franchise just because the adaptations of the books are done - that makes you are a whore.

>Wizards not helping the British EMPIRE during the war was Evil.
What the fuck I love colonialism now

Bigger Harry

based

Let me guess, his ancestry shows that he is part black and part jew?

Why stop there? Why not make it so that one of his ancestors is a woman who wasn't born a witch but identified as one anyway during a time when witches were hunted and burned at the stake by "muggles" so she gets the same treatment and is now regarded as a martyr by the trans community.

based pastaposter

I wouldn't be fucking surprised at this point

theguardian.com/books/2017/jun/24/20-years-harry-potter-jk-rowling-gryffindor-pyjamas-birthday

well the actor that portrayed him is a kike

Was that a Kendrick Lamar reference?

>wait 10 years after the series ends until gay marriage is ubiquitous in the west
>oh yea Dumbledore was gay all along pretty brave choice by me huh?
>and also Hermione was always black even though she's white on the cover, pretty progressive aren't I?

>once you start running out of money
shes so insanely rich its impossible to spend all those shekels. you cant seem to comprehend how fucking popular harry potter is. she isnt doing it for money. shes just a woman and therefore whore for attention.

>"Henry caused a minor stir when he publicly condemned then Minister for Magic, Archer Evermonde, who had forbidden the magical community to help Muggles waging the First World War,"
Uh, hold up.
In Fantastic Breasts didn't the autist mention how he fought in the war?

>reposting shit you find on facebook

>Just leave it be and come up with something new.
She tried, and wrote it under another name, but nobody cared about it, so she announced it was really her, and still didn't do all that well.

She's a hack that got lucky.

Honey you need to stop revising your shitty books and get yourself a man

>Not changing the beginning of the pasta to match the thread topic.
Do it properly, user.