Quiptain America discussion

For a movie that was being hyped up as a hero vs hero with panther and SPIDERMAN, this was forgettable.

The plot was generic, no casualties in the """war""". The war is just a group of supers bantering, it makes fun of an actual civil war.

In my honest opinion, X3 was a better CIVIL WAR, all things considered.

What did you think?

What do you expect from amovie conceived to counter BvS in terms of heros being againt one another.
It honestly shouldnt have been done this early if at all.

And can someone explain why big marvel movies are dying? Why are events grossing less?

>Avengers-$1.5bill
>Age of ultron $1.4bill
>Civil War-$1.1bill

And Civil war had SPIDERMAN, and it's the most critically acclaimed superhero movie of the past 5 years (bullshit, I know)

Are people woke? Are the fed up of the same repackaged shit?

Is it time to revise the marvel formula?

Are you just gonna keep spamming this?

That's my point, it just felt like it didn't belong with the rest of the mcu movies.

>so was I
That's stupid, when were the ever friends
>Bucky, a highly trained assassin, doesn't realize he's being filmed by a fucking cctv camera

>You killed my parents 30 years ago, lets fight

>Quipping in a heated battle

This movie was so fucking stupid. I was surprised that it was made by the same guys who did winter soldier, then I was reminded by the awful quick cut action.

>spamming
Posted it once m8

>DCucks

Sure you did.

Sup banquo

Take your company war shit elsewhere

>Dying
>From a lot of cash like that
You're out of your mind.

I don't think adding casualties would have made it better. The airport fight was cool, though a bit inconsistent. It felt a bit slow and the majority of the movie wasn't really all that memorable. Some of the scene transitions were a little weird. The music wasn't all that good either. Spiderman was cool though. Didn't like Black Panther all that much.

It wouldn't.

As Markus and McFeely explained, casualties would inherently either paint one particular side as the evil one or force the superhero community to rally together again in mourning, defeating the purpose of the movie.

Plus, the only actual casualty of the comics Civil War was Black Goliath anyway. Cap died later, and Ragnarok and the C-list villains that got Frank'd hardly count.

Definitely. Who started the "there needs to be casualties" meme? Is it just because it has the word "war" in the title? I also don't know why civilians need to die for there to be tension. You can show off the power of a being without innocents dying. I actually prefer for no one to die.

Because there were persistent rumors Cap, Wanda, Falcon and War Machine would die that people took as gospel.

>Bucky, a highly trained assassin, doesn't realize he's being filmed by a fucking cctv camera

Did you even watch the movie? That wasn't Bucky, that was Zemo disguised as Bucky, intentionally going out in the open to frame Bucky moments before setting off the explosives.

>You killed my parents 30 years ago, lets fight

The death of his father fucked with Tony big time. The start of the movie had him reliving that night before the incident and showed how much that he relives that moment by how painstakingly recreated the memory was.

That, and only just finding out the accident wasn't an accident but an intentional act of murder, finding out said person responsible was the guy standing right by him, and also finding out that Steve knew but didn't even tell Tony.

Tony trying to kill Bucky then and there was irrational, especially since he knew Bucky had no control over it, but given everything that was revealed in such a short amount of time, it's easy to understand why Tony snapped when he did.

He was too busy quipping to the people on the livestream to pay attention to the movie

>It honestly shouldnt have been done this early if at all.
this
Should've let Cap get his own trilogy conclusion first

the second half of what we got didn't even live up to the title at all anyways
the movie was literally Captain America: Starring Iron Man.

>. The airport fight was cool,

It wasnt, it wasnt even a real fight, it looked and felt like a training not like a fight.

BP was the only good chara cter

>it looked and felt like a training not like a fight.

Everyone was holding back except Black Panther and Scarlet Witch. And Cap against Spiderman because he was slightly outmatched.

And nothing changed. We are back at the same place we were at the end of AoU. Scattered but still willing to help. How can they call anything in this movie goundbreaking when its so fucking safe. The only thing thst happened was War Machine getting crippled which they hinted at undoing with Cho's machine.

>no company wars
>starts one by comparing to xmen

"Age of Ultron" ended with Captain America leading a new version of the Avengers and its member reaffirming their bonds of friendship, and the team stronger than ever.

"Civil War" ended with the Avengers splintered, with its members harboring resentment towards each other and half the team reduced to fugitives of justice.

And Rhodes is still crippled, he simply has enough technology at his disposal to attempt a recovery.

Civil War is honestly the most overrated comic book movie. Everyone is saying how it's the best one and how it's the greatest Marvel movie, blah blah blah. But honestly its okay, and just that, okay. And this is from someone who was really excited to see it. A lot of the fight scenes are Transporter level cinematography, and characters are literally thrown into the mix just to promote their own solo movies and lack any character motivation. Speaking of character motivations, Tony's "I don't care, he killed my mom" is probably the worst call to actions in the MCU. Never has the deaths of Tony's parents been a big plot point and suddenly we're supposed to care? It felt lazy and yet people praised it and some people even cried. And I can already hear people typing "well his dad was a major plot point in IM2!" Sure, but not his death, it was his legacy that was the issue. The movie just seemed like it started off flat and ended flat, sure a lot of the Avengers are disbanded fugitives now, but it just felt like nothing changed. I see posts saying that the movie focused too much on "muh Bucky" and I have to agree, I didn't come to see CA: The Winter Soldier 2, I came to see Civil War. I wanted to see each side of the whole Accords thing and have it be conflicting ideals but instead it was just "Tony I'm not gonna sign it because Bucky's not the bad guy, I'm gonna prove it." My last gripe is the villains, Crossbones was utterly wasted and was an excuse to kickstart things. I feel like they could've just introduced a newer C-List villain to kill off, but that's just me. Zemo was alright but "tearing a team from the inside" just feels like a cliche and his whole plan was just based on luck and very convoluted. I hope he comes back for a Thunderbolts movie, that'd be cool. Overall, Civil War is overrated and the fact people are just glamorizing it because "it's Marvel quality lol" is a bit concerning and shows Marvel can basically get away with anything.

>That's stupid, when were the ever friends
They fought an alien invasion, a vast international terrorist organization, and a homicidal robot army together, and Tony was everyone's sugar daddy throughout the majority of that time frame, not to mention Tony was the one that picked up the pieces left behind by S.H.I.E.L.D. when Steve took HYDRA down, giving Steve a place in the world to do what he does best when he had no where to go afterward.

Just because they butt heads once in awhile doesn't mean they're not friends. You don't go through all that shit without forming bonds.

>And nothing changed. We are back at the same place we were at the end of AoU.

Not exactly if you're willing to check things correctly. Unlike in AoU, all the Avengers are sorta bitter about each other, and Cap's team is probably really pissed off at how Tony basically sent them all to super jail.

>Scattered but still willing to help.
Yes, because as Cap said, their differences will not matter if everything is at stake, just like originally at Avengers 1.

>The only thing thst happened was War Machine getting crippled which they hinted at undoing with Cho's machine.

Remember, Cho's machine makes new synthetic skin, not bones or repair stuff like being crippled. Also, you seem to forget that the accords are in full effect now, which means that basically every hero has now to act according to the will of the UN, otherwise, say goodbye to their careers.

For a tripfag, you're not really smart.

Oh wait, that's all tripfags.

I think this pasta needs some updating.

You lack empathy. Also

>his whole plan was just based on luck and very convoluted.

Objectively wrong.

>The accords are still in effect
>Homecoming will give us Friendly Neighborhood Menace-Man
Huzzah

Man I really like Somber superhero films.

I just realized how much more I would like this film if it started with the Bucky killing Howard thing coming to light, then the Wanda shit happening elsewhere with the other avengers while Cap, Tony, and Bucky were fighting.

Tony comes back to the States and the UN hands him the accords, the mixture of guilt and rage causes him to drink the kool-aid hard, the avengers meet to discuss the accords, Cap and tony are super on edge, but Cap's arguing the accords from his beliefs as normal, while Tony is clearly arguing more because he's mad at Cap for helping Bucky

The UN explosion framing Bucky happens, Tony is furious because this is Cap's fault in his mind, Zemo plot continues, big airport fight, Tony put Cap's avengers in the super-prison, learns cap was right about Zemo, doesn't go off to help Cap and Bucky because he doesn't know where they are. Panther brings Zemo to justice for his crimes, Bucky cleared for UN bombing,

In the end, Avengers jailed, cap saves them and has to be an underground superhero from then on, Tony realizes he's fucked up but it's too late to do anything about it, Roll Credits.

All I'm really stuck on is what Zemo would be doing other than getting Cap and Tony fighting.

Do we know that's happening already or is it just guessing?

Anyways, if we actually have some plot continuity, we're already getting 45% of the issues with the MCU fixed. If not, then not even the change of powers with Marvel Studios can help us.

This movie was a piece of shit. Lets hope Doctor strange isn't half as bad.

>"""quotes"""
I thought you got b& for Sup Forumsshit.