Homestuck and Sburb

How would you have handled sburb vs how it was presented to us as readers?

Well, let me get my d20 out...

rose plays the rain

Will davekat shippers ever stop putting their shit fucking everywhere

More interactive flash shit with things that actually changed the story
i.e. if John put things in the mailboxes for X% of readers, Thing would happen, wheras if he didn't, it wouldn't.

Are we looking at the same thread? That's a picture of Rose

will davekat haters ever stop shitting threads up with absolutely no provocation?

troll session and human sessions stay seperate until the humans manage to defeat jack

make lord english and condy the villains of the troll session

more focus on quests, less drama

the kids and trolls only meet up near the end, although they can correspond through messages up until then

no dream bubbles

No.
I'm starting to see a bunch of shit where Jade is their godmother or surrogate shit. It's stupid.

MORE DENIZEN STUFF GODDAMMIT

Make denizens something other than snakes with sun faces

I actually liked the way it was presented, how we got to see bits and pieces from 5 different sessions (Main Kids, Alternia, Beforus, Alt Kids, Caliborn). The main cast could have used more attention (as opposed to all the characters Hussie introduced way too late in the game to matter) but I actually think, despite a very real drop in quality, things were going fine right up until the retcon.

>tfw no harem fics ever

oh hi it me michael bobobowman ask me about my buttockjs

Do any of you ship internationally regularly, by chance? I'm currently looking at cost to ship and it's looking like up to $10 in the US, and >$75 literally anywhere else in the world (excluding Canada). Am I just looking in the wrong places?

There are at least a few. Before it got taken down there was Karkata Hari (non Sgrub Edition) where he was inducted into Condy's harem as a fuckslave. There was also the one where Feferi kept all her troll friends as fucktoys. Then there was one on the kink meme about warlord Karkat keeping a bunch of pale sluts to calm him down when he got upset.

I don't think that's the kind of shipping we do here, friend

is this 3d printer user

Am I really gonna have to commision a John centric harem fic
smhtbqh

>paying money for fanfiction

just write it yourself famulimus

Talk to the purrfessional.

But user
I'm to intoxicated to write

wanna pet the puppy

why is everyone in these threads so drunk all the time

Drunkenness has no effect on writing ability. Hussie was sober while writing Act 6, as evidenced by his inability to understand alcohol and alcoholism, and look at how that turned out.

What exactly did he get wrong?

to forget

h3h...noth1ng p3rson3l k1d
-k1lls u w1th r4d sk4t1ng sk1llz-

Liveblogger was complaining about it a while back, the part in Vriskagram where Vriska gets Rose to stop drinking by bullying her is the opposite of how it works in real life

I know that. But was there anything else? I thought you were referring to Roxy.

Aradia's rumble spheres!

I'm not saying it's good writing but that's obviously not the whole story. If you read the Rose/Roxy conversation it turns out that was the catalyst for Kanaya to help Rose get over her drinking.

Seaking as an accomplished druinker myswlf
You cant just bully someone into not being an alcoholic,
It doesnt work that way. If someoen is at that level where its a problem then they are either dependent on it or have convienced themselves they need to be depended on it.
Being an ass and knocking drinks out of their hands just makes them better at hiding when they do drink among lots of other bullshit
Giod fuck vriska and fuck hussies for making that cunt do that shit

do you think hussie is one of those people that think you hallucinate when you smoke weed

>hiding
>from vriska

I know. I just mentioned that I know. Don't go on a soapbox about it. I just asked for any other example.

hussie seems to have a pretty low opinion of weed in general so probably not

Which we saw none of, just being told things happened isn't sufficient story telling and is one of the biggest complaints about the retcon given how vastly different some of the characters act after their unseen journey.

hussie drinks coffee and beer but he does not smoke

karkat is the kind of guy who sits when he pees

Hussie is probably an adderall popper

he said that one of his vices is sleeping too much so I doubt it

Did Erisolsprite deserve a better faith?

Come on, I KNOW he's the one that almost burnt his house down. Byron is too pure.

>Surprise 0.97363
is there a story behind this or

nope
in byron's last podcast he said that he was the one with a smoking addiction

BYRON HOW COULD YOU

YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THE BETTER HUSSIE BROTHER

ANDREW IS SUPPOSED TO GO BANKRUPT FROM HIVESWAP AND LIVE IN A BOX WHILE YOU MAKE MAD BANK OFF BARTY ANDERSON: THE MOVIE

why would that mean a probably not

for what it's worth he quit

Youre going too deep with shitposting my pal.

I presume he meant both a low and muted opinion, in so much as perceiving people who smoke weed as just sitting about, doing nothing whilst incredibly chilled out.

>google this
>the top is from a russian textbook
now i'm even more confused

John Rose is honestly so cute with some really good banter
i don't understand the hate

>i don't understand the hate
It's straight

homestuck stopped being about banter

its the first ship that people first saw in the comic, and people think its automatically bad

It's because it's boring and vanilla, the first male character and the first female character

At least Dersecest has some cachet

it's from some english textbook for russia

Nervous investor bullshit and Rose being the comic's quintessential lesbian who don't need no man. It's fucking stupid, Rose and John had fantastic interactions throughout, particularly early on, that didn't rely on the lowest common denominator of main guy main girl automatic attraction.

>first male and first female is automatically boring
Downie logic.
>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yeah, that's cool I guess.

Byron won already since he's married, has a real job, no adventure game looming over his head, and seems fine with having only a dozen people lisyen to his podcasts instead of having a giant autistic fanbase. And you could probably shoot the shit with him about ALF on his podcast, since I think two fans got on it already.

Straight, would supposedly break up a popular lesbian ship, and would unquestionably involve the dirtiest kink known to man: consensual sex in the missionary position for the sake of procreation

Mostly dumb reasons. Not that I straight up ship it, of course, as you all probably know my headcanons in regards to John's love life by now. Still would be cute and doesn't deserve any hate.

8IG

>Rose being the comic's quintessential lesbian
no that's kanaya
there's no real reason to believe that rose isn't bi

thats a pretty shallow reason tbqh
God it sucks how true that is
>tfw rose and john will never wingman for each other
look m8 you dont need to tell me that dersecest is objectively the best ship, john rose though is still really good
Fuck I mean Rose is propbablt closest to kanaya>dave>john>roxy>jade>everyone else by time the comic ends sadly
He looks kind of like tarantino
I'm glad we agree
Cute jade!

Rose and kanaya had funny interactions, but look how that turned out.

Whether it was John and Rose or Kanaya and Rose; it's the same shit, funny interactions which would inevitably be ruined by shit writing.

At least we got JohnRoxy as a consolation price, right lads?

>Downle logic.
it's literally hussie's justification for not pursuing it
stop being such a PLB :^)

There was a fantastic idea last thread involving a Lalonda mix up with sexy shenanigans that you may be interesting in making a note of, seemed your sort of scenario.

Oh God, what happened to Rose's neck in that picture? Is that a permanent side-effect of going Grimdark or something?

No.
No. X2.

I'd argue Rose is considered to have that role by a larger majority just through main girl reasons amusingly enough. It's not enough to be the outright lesbian, you have the be the outright lesbian main character to be important in the eyes of the rabid masses.

>better girl
>consolation

>shit opinions
>in greentext

Not really. John and Roxy didn't have even a fraction of the entertaining dialogue John and Rose did. And it came off a significantly less organic, it was less banter and fun and more "rogue teen babe" and "boyfriend material?"

I guess, they're very cute together but I'd have liked to have seen a bit more of a range of interactions to see how good their chemistry is. But that same sentiment extends to nearly every fucking character in the story so there's no real winning option.

>whynotboth.jpg

Oh? Must have missed it...can you link me?

by the time andrew decided to make her gay she was no longer a main character

Did you stop reading Homestuck in 2011?

Did you read it at all? Johnroxy is shit. Roxy is a trash character.

Sure, it starts at and goes on in the replies. Thought the scenario was right up your alley, especially after the beach story.

>the ring granting complete immortality had nothing to do with LE's identical complete immortality despite the fact the ring was given to his sister who could be possesed by him after she heard his name, and was in the presence of his minion
this is the most bullshit thing about the ending
there was a perfect reason but Hack decided not to give reasons for anything.

Christ you're right as fucking sad as that reality is to admit. But even still being one of the firm main characters introduced will always leave you as a staple character in the fandom.

So. You did. That's good to know.

ultimately the best choice, although sadly not canon

This is sadly true
they didn't have anything as funny as John threatening to smack the horrorterrors out of roses convulsing orgasiming body
Was there any reason given why those 2 specific rings were suddenly imporatent?
Like was their an in-game sburb reason why they existed or were they just bullshit paradox space mcguffins?

Ebin meme.

>Like was their an in-game sburb reason why they existed or were they just bullshit paradox space mcguffins?
they exist because they were supposed to exist
same as way too many other mcguffins

JohnRoxy would have been much better if given some more space to develop. It literally came at the last quarter of the story, but some of what we got was pretty cute. I'm not gonna call it better than JohnRose, but it's certainly different.

Reminder that the Pope and FUCKING GOD are Undertale fans and Hussie's only remaining fans are Tipsy and ipgd.

will hiveswap take place on some bullshit universe c version of alternia? one of the only revealed things about hiveswap is the portal looks sort of cheruby which makes me think it relates to calliope being alive

i mean obviously the game will never be finished so we won't know but still

Aranea was the main source of info on them and from what I recall she states there isn't an in-session connection with the rings, like there is with the white/black royal rings. They just exist for whatever reason.

>hating a character introduced after you stopped reading

How are you supposed to know if you even hate them or not? It defies all logic.

It's a cute idea, though I'd probably go with the Lalondes doing it as a sort of prank and seeing how far they could take it before either John or Kanaya caught on rather than ignorance ruling the day. I'll try to remember it for later, but I've already got a couple smutfics lined up and in planning at the moment.

Dunno what you're talking about, John impregnating both Lalondes is canon as far as I'm concerned.

>tipsy
Tipsy's old news, icels is the new fujoshit to hate