This scene is genuinely unwatchable, it's just Tarantino screaming "I'M WRITING"

This scene is genuinely unwatchable, it's just Tarantino screaming "I'M WRITING"
youtube.com/watch?v=Mnb_3ibUp38

Tarantino's filmography is basically him screaming "I'M WRITING"

Yea, but that's why it's good. That style was really new and has been done a lot now. It's like saying citizen kane ia bad because it uses panning a lot.

what

>thinks Citizen Kane was the first film to use panning
You're about 30 years off

hello summer

Kind of like how when your mother is vigorously throating dong it screams, "I'M WORKING."

what

>decent dialogue
>that style

the fuck you on about

Panning is a broad term, It's how he used panning that was so innovative retard.

>resorting to mother jokes

Cmon user you're better than this

But other directors already innovated it before him

Say what you want about Tarantino, but I think Pulp Fiction is a masterpiece of a film. Don't care too much for his other filmography but Pulp Fiction is great.

Get your head out of your ass. The scene has great dynamics and Jackson's delivery was excellent.

Tarantino's earlier stuff does tend to seem a bit autistic at times, but nonetheless he's a fantastic filmmaker.

>muh dead nigger storage
>muh cool edgy wallet

>It's like saying citizen kane ia bad because it uses panning a lot.

check out the pleb over here

Not even his best film.

>Tarantino's earlier stuff does tend to seem a bit autistic at times
Yeah, just his earlier stuff is autistic

I'll describe a Tarantino film and you have to guess which one it is:
>a revenge fantasy
>about 3-4 monologues
>a tense standoff
>a camera shot from inside a car trunk.

Tarantino has a few moments like that where it actually takes me out of the movie. The very beginning of The Hateful Eight in the stagecoach. That dialogue feels very awkward and forced to me. But it eventually settles down and the rest of the movie is pretty damn good.

I think any other actor doing the dead nigger storage scene would have been better. It is the only low point in the film and even then it isn't that bad.

The wallet thing is fine if you can ignore all the nerds who buy that wallet.

Griffith for example

Okay, let me clarify. His earlier stuff can be uncomfortably autistic. The autism in his later work is much more tolerable, and even enjoyable.

No it's just tedious crap.

Does he really use shots from inside car trunks that often? I've never noticed.

I'm pretty sure there's at least one in Jackie Brown and Reservoir Dogs, and Kill Bill wouldn't surprise me. Can't quite picture one in the others though.

>Cmon user you're better than this

Usually, perhaps. However, I'm drunk. This is about the best I can currently muster.

But panning can be used to tell any story. "I'M WRITING" can't.

Most of the famous scenes in the three you listed are trunk shots. The one in Inglourious Basterds is just the ending shot of Landa looking up at Aldo and Little Man. I can't think of the one in Django Unchained or The Hateful Eight.

You forgot
>a feet fetish scene

Kill Bill was the closest he came to Kino

Yeah Django and Hateful Eight didn't have cars to use. Can't recall any trunk-like shots from the stagecoaches.

So it's bad because the dialogue is interesting, well performed and keeps you invested in the scene. Okay, got it.

Put the Pei Mei training and buried alive stuff in Kill Bill 1 and then you'd have kino.

The shot at the end of IG is them looking at Landa when he's on the ground, not in a car.

...I know that. The upward angle is mimicking the trunk shot.

But that Pei Mei and buried scene is in Kill Bill...because it's one movie. It's a four and half hour long movie.

I'm mainly talking about the upward angle he uses. Some scenes he uses a trunk show is of a character in the trunk looking up at the characters (like From Dusk Till Dawn and RD).

Tarantino has a few good moments but most of his stuff is pretentious shit that only impresses 11th graders.

That isn't entirely true. I know lots of adults that are impressed by his movies.

What is every diner scene for $200, Alex?

Why did I forget about Death Proof??? I feel like a fucking dumbass. Except that is under the hood looking at the engine.

>tfw I have that wallet
>tfw it has a fake Jules ID in it
>tfw I keep it on the opposite side of my real ID
>tfw it makes people laugh everytime

Same kind of shot though.

I don't really want to nitpick, the the guy originally said a shot from inside a car trunk.

lmao

I know, so it's all hood. I even mentioned the IB shot just because of the upward angle mimicking the same kind of shot. There's gotta be one in Django Unchained and The Hateful Eight, I would just really have to think (or google).

In Django you have the Django looking down before executing one of the brothers while at the plantation, and Walton Goggins looking down at Django when he was going to cut his dick/balls off.

I guess this counts for Hateful Eight.

Ayo I bet a wyboi be suckin on dat dick

WARM

>They didn't went to films

>hamburgers, fries & soda at 7:30am

What was Bret thinking?

one of the dullest franchises in the history of TV franchises. Seriously, each episode following the boy FBI agent and his pals from Twin Peaks Sheriff Department as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Lynch vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing an episode; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his meditation. The Twin Peaks series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least FWWM was good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the script was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a fire walk with me, the author wrote instead that the character "had the fury of his own momentum".

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Lynch's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Twin Peaks by the same Chris Carter. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching Twin Peaks at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to watch X-Files." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Twin Peaks" you are, in fact, trained to watch X-Files.

I always think of LA like New York in terms of its lifestyle... like a 24 hour city in its most bustling areas. So, there's not really a proper time for breakfast or dinner.

oi cunt u posted in the wrong thread or somethin m8? Bet you hav u look like a right muppet u wanker.

Wrong thread, bro?

I've had times in my life where I completely lose track of normal hours, body clock, etc. and just eat when I'm hungry.

The dead nigger storage part was definitely the lowest and awkward point in the movie. I can see he can get away with that kind of dialogue in reservoir dogs, cause it's a bunch of hard white guy criminals and the way the used it made sense, and it's believable those guys would be talking like that. They're not worried about trying to be politically correct around each other

But the scene in pulp fiction was awkward cause Tarantinos character would not be throwing the word around in front of someone like Jules and everyone act like it's no problem, also it just looked awkward the way the dialogue was done in general. I guess in a way it sounds better if he wants the character to say something along the lines of "do I have a sign that says dead___storage?" And nigger just seems to be the one that rolls off the tongue better, like " dead guy storage, dead asshole storage," don't sound right.

Maybe dead man storage would've sounded better and made more sense. But I mean if he really wanted to use nigger instead then he should've casted a black guy instead of trying to shove his ugly mug in the movie

If good writing means "LOOK IM WRITING" then yeah this is that

Kicks the shit out of Lynch or Mallick's writing

Good writing connects viscerally with an audience in one way or another. Art is like that.

Writing one line pot-shots, however, not-so-much.

Anytime Tarantino inserts himself is awkward.

Das rite. If dat Tarantino wyboi said dat to jules he would get his peckerwood ass beat

Everytime some kid on Sup Forums points out a great scene and says it sucks i imagine this whiny jewish nasal voice that turns up and starts screeching his autism all over the most beloved movies around.

Jules is toying with those guys, what would you prefer him to say? It's already pretty visceral to the audience because we can sense his malice through the performance.

>Good writing connects viscerally with an audience in one way or another.
Well obviously Pulp Fiction succeeded at that because tons of people loved it regardless of all the contrarians in this thread trying to take a dump on it.

>Making character assumptions about the credibility of ANY person comfortable enough to be consorting with hitmen.

Come on, man. These people were generally the underbelly of society. These were scumbags doing deplorable things. Throwing around racial epithets is probably the least of crimes, you dipey-wearing nu-male.

>another member of a gang in foreign territory that that main characters are completely relying on would NEVER say nigger in front of Jules!

You wasted a ton of time writing about how in reservoir dogs it's realistic because it's criminals talking to criminals when it's THE EXACT same thing in Pulp Fiction. From the talk that Jules has in the car with Vincent one can infer that Jimmy is a criminal acting within another outfit that is at least neutral with Wallus in a sea of people who are hostile or who couldn't give a fuck.

Oh wait, why am I bothering, this won't make sense to you because you're retarded.

I've misunderstood, I think. I'm more in the camp saying that the writing in the scene was rather effective.

I think you missed the obvious part where Jules is BLACK.....and everyone in reservoir is white.

Let me put it in simple terms for your tiny brain

White guy talking about "niggers" to other White guys =okay

Frail weak ass WHITE guy yelling angrily about "dead NIGGERS" to a BLACK hitman= trouble and not good or realistic

Think before you speak up next time you mongoloid

Implying any black guy wouldn't get pissed about a white guy yelling niggers at him wouldn't remotely piss him off, regardless of their fucking criminal career.

You're clearly too stupid to converse on topics like this. Maybe you should stick to the game of thrones, walking dead and marvel threads

>tfw you can buy the wallet easily in real life
>still can't find a Dead Nigger Storage sign for my garage

Currently watching Jackie Brown, There's a trunk shot with Ordell and Beaumont Livingston.

Reservoir Dogs is his only good movie.

do you fucks unironically dislike pulp fiction?

its fun and funny and cool and innovative.

>it's good because it's shit

Well then they have the maturity of 11th graders. Which is actually true of a lot of adults these days, given how the Jews have fought nonstop for decades on all fronts to infantilize humanity.

Clearly. Making unfounded character assumptions based on three sentences of conjecture, while posting on Sup Forums of all places, has allowed you to not only ascend to another arguing echelon but a different level of societal superiority. Enjoy it, user. You've won the day.

What the fuck is Jules going to do? If Jules kills Jimmy or attacks him for calling him a nigger Jules is going to get fucked by whoever Jimmy works for and on top of that the fucking police since he has a corpse in the back of his car and is covered in fucking DNA.

Jimmy has the power to do WHATEVER he wants here and say WHATEVER he wants and he knows it.

Think before you speak up next time you mongolid

>I have no black friends and have never grown up in an urban area
>I have also never left my parent's basement

White dudes in Chicago call their niggas niggas all the time.

you know that's not how he says it though

>parents basement, real original kid
>comparing how ghetto kids use the word in a positive like manner around each other is the same as an asshole white guy yelling it at a black guy that kills people for a living is the same.

Think it's time you get fit for a new helmet

Once again jimmy is some weak ass looking guy, and Jules is a Hitman (someone who kills people for a living)

You really think jimmy is shaking his hands together going " oh good now I get to talk as racist as possible cause he needs my help"

Just cause the rest of you neckbearda throw the word around on the internet all the time doesn't mean actual normal people throw it around in front of each other especially white guy saying it to a black guy. Get out of your house for once and stop trying to be an edge lord on the internet and you'll see what I'm talking about

Also...
>Using the same comeback I used on you.
Jesus kid at least try to think of something yourself

Can somebody explain how Jules and Vincent weren't immediately arrested? Or how cops weren't there after the first shots were fired?

you're actually retarded, but thanks for the essay cupcake.

Nice argument to help prove my point that you're retarded and don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you should walk away now while you can still convince yourself you're right and not a moron

It's a fucking comedy, you retard. The moment is meant to be overblown and frantic.

they were already driving when the gun shot

White people could say nigger in the 90s with relatively little backlash. cuck

>But the scene in pulp fiction was awkward cause Tarantinos character would not be throwing the word around in front of someone like Jules and everyone act like it's no problem,

You don't really know any niggers that well do you? You damn straight you can throw it around when your nigger body comes to your house with a dead body to clean up & your wife coming home.

It was very realistic from my experience but I'm not a pussy white boy who's only contact with blacks was eye contact, followed by crossing to the other side of the street so as not to pass him.

I meant back at the apartment when Jules/Vincent waste that guy on the couch

The only thing I hated about this scene was the complete lack of muzzle flash when Jules shot the guy on the couch.
Very unprofessional and simple goof in an otherwise excellent movie.

It's a comedy? Jesus Christ this argument is useless with you tards

You really think pulp fiction is meant to be taken as a comedy. Just cause there's humorous parts in it doesn't make it a comedy.

Regardless that's not the point of the argument. Try to stay on point and not embarrass yourself next time.

Just tap out already, you lost the argument kid

yeah I didn't like that either because they stuck around for a couple of minutes while pondering over divine intervention

Yeah there definitely wasn't riots in the early 90s from racism/police brutality on black people. lol way to show your age numb nuts

>kid

I guarantee that you are barely 18, you little homo. At the very least, your mentality is that of a teenager. Let's hope it's the former.

Pulp Fiction is a black comedy. This is not open for debate. There is so much intentional comedic irony in this movie. Go get your tendies.

Again....this isn't the internet where you edgelords think you can just say it to any black guy and they won't be pissed about it, or you'd be as comfortable to say it cause you're behind a computer screen

Regardless how Jules would or would not have acted, I doubt anyone around that time period would just be spouting it out in front of a black guy and no one would find it strange.

damn i feel like bad that you cant enjoy that scene its great