The Top

What that fuck was this guy's problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pURJDToKA0k
youtube.com/watch?v=4AqjNDM8I-g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Didn't they brainwash him for a while?

He's bugfuck crazy, possibly on the autistic spectrum, and has great difficulty relating to others. The other Rogues hate him because he's weird and a pain in the ass, which has left him isolated and even more anti-social. And he has an inferiority complex which he covers by acting superior to everyone else.

He also happens to be my favourite DC character.

Yes, because he knew Barry's identity and was being an asshole, and had just proven himself to be unkillable.

Definitely one of my favourites too. I really hope we can see him and Lisa together again, but unless Lisa and Sam split up and the Roscoe that existed during DCYou is retconned, it'll never happen.

Yeah the Identity Crisis story Johns did. It was revealed that the Top then went around and brainwahed the other Rouges so he could undo everything Loebs/Waid did with the Rouges.

Which was basically " Hey kid we're not really that interested in arching you, we had a thing with Barry not The Flash."

Does he have a boyfriend called The Bottom?

Yeah, unfortunately I think that ship has sailed. Which sucks because I love Roscoe and Lisa together and really hate the pairing with Sam.

I guess that's one way of looking at it. I think Johns wanted to explain away why the Rogues had acted so inconsistently for so long, but yes, it may have also been for that reason too.

What the fuck is wrong with Flash's feet? They're fucking melting, man.

Speed Force.

>What that fuck

We will enjoy the Identity Crisis storytime of the Top's brainwashing.

>What that fuck was this guy's problem?

What?

Some guys only like laying the pipe, not receiving. Nothing wrong with that, whatever floats your boat.

> I loved more than speed itself
ugh

Here Johns recaps but slightly rewrites an old Bronze Age story in which the Top did indeed possess Henry Allen's body.

This bit is all new, though.

He's become aware of his popularity in the gay community

This doesn't seem good.

Barry dun goofed.

MEANWHILE

>Erasing memories is too dangerous an unethical
>So lets just completely rewrite his personality
Yeah, i'm sure this will have no negative side effects at all.

I think Barry's heart was in the right place, but it was a stupid thing to do. And when the Top asked to have his memories taken away, the request should have been honoured.

Next: things don't work out as hoped.

youtube.com/watch?v=pURJDToKA0k

I love the hell out of this splash page. Notice that it's the Wiggins toy factory, which was owned by Captain Boomerang's dad.

He's only "the top" and not "the dradle" so he's not really on top.

Do not get on the wrong side of Captain Crazypants.

youtube.com/watch?v=4AqjNDM8I-g

Well now you're fucked.

You guys are just making him madder.

And there we go, this sets up Rogue War.

MEANWHILE

This ties with Identity Crisis even more overtly. The Rogues have a funeral for Captain Boomerang in the next issue.

I fucking love Captain Cold

You're not alone, user.

And that's the Top's last appearance until he shows up in Rogue War. Unfortunately I can't guarantee I'll stay awake long enough to storytime that, so I'll stop and let someone else do it if they want.

Do you all think that he could have come back again had Flashpoint not happened?

Absolutely. He'd come back three times before and there's no reason to think that he wouldn't again.

Man, what is the Atom's deal? If I were Hawkman, I'd be really uncomfortable having this tiny little man walking and climbing all over my bare chest and arms all the time, especially when he could very easily just assume normal human proportions and stand there like a normal guy.

I'm not going to make this a sexual thing or anything, but there definitely seems to be some odd boundary issues going on with that guy.

They're friends, so I guess Hawkman is okay with it.

In summary: Hes an asshole Sup Forums user with stupidly strong powers.

It seems to be a Flash tradition to call out how shit the other heroes are at their jobs.

Bingo.

Man I hate that they did that, I loved the chapter where the Rogues invite Wally to a dinner and Wally actually shows up.

Couldn't he think of some other way to have them get a grudge against Wally?

He was forever a bottom...

Reminds me when they try to put recorded minds in different bodies

Dishes makes her so tired

Most of Johns' Rogues don't have a genuine grudge against Wally, though. They just feel annoyed that he gets in their way.

Hey thanks for th upload, that was breddi gud. Got any more?

Jesus Christ look at the Flash's fucking face, he looks like he's going to rape Linda right through her clothes.