With all the hubbub around superhero characters getting "Practical" "tacticool" or "modern" redesigns lately...

With all the hubbub around superhero characters getting "Practical" "tacticool" or "modern" redesigns lately, do you think we'll ever see the reverse? A character getting a classic superhero makeover from their "modern" look?

No. 70s Marvel is gone forever.

Not while movies exist and superhero comics keep trying to be serious business.

only in the sense of reverting to a classic costume.

Those are some unfortunate shadows. It looks like she's got a boner.

The fuck? Why did they redesign fucking Crystal, the cutest, most feminine character of all Inhumans, to look like a fucking military dyke? Fuck these new gen artists.

Poor choice of character for your topic, Crystal has always worn a full-body jumpsuit.

Control over the classical elements, user; she's about to beat a man to death with her gushie.

Feels bad anons

Don't worry too much about it, comic designs follow fashion trends just like real world culture.
And it's somewhat cyclical so someday skin will be in, again.

I don't think this is about skin

If it's not then there's not much chance artists will go back to drawing clothing that's painted on, we've crossed some strange threshold of depicted realism here.
From now on they're going to draw fabrics.

It's been attempted. After Grant Morrison's run on New X-Men and Warren Ellis's time with X-Force, etc, which all shared a fairly common aesthetic, Chris Claremont and Allan Davis returned to the X-Men books for a while, and gave the characters very "back to basics" looks which were just so out of pace with the general aesthetic that we'd grown used to that it just looked absurd. An aggressive attempt by old men to make things look like the 1970s again, and it didn't ring true at all.

We still get plenty of cool new superhero outfits. It's just a few hopeless comics trying to be "hip" that are still clinging to the Project Rooftop shit.

What about Batman going back to his original black/grey colors?
Even a Robin showing up in the original red/yellow/green palette is a throwback.

wheres the bottle?

D S L
S
L

People don't like change, especially that odd core of semi-autistic fanboys who wants to freeze time at the moment they became fans.
Nothing more conservative than a comicbook fan.

Original Nick Fury. Fantastic Four. Plenty of mutant characters, all on a cover celebrating Marvel's history and setting.

How long has it been, man? How long has it been.

Undoubtedly.
The "practicool" look is this generation's equivalent of pouches 'n' guns, or Kon-El's weird jacket-over-spandex look.
I'm not sure if we're going to see an explicit reversion to the super-simple spandex look, but it seems like a natural way that things can go from here, no?

Original Nick Fury is the one that actually hurts. The FF at least haven't been supplanted by a shitty version from other media.

Wait, those are the "back to basics" costumes?

They look great

They do, that guy is just a MUH QUIETLY fag.

I'm actually down with the current trend if only because I really dislike the painted skin look. Fabric is more interesting to me, both in terms of looking at and drawing myself.

Half the Baxter Building's rent must be paid with the profits Reed makes from selling unstable molecule suits to every Tom, Dick and Super-Harry.

Addendum: truth be told, I've had the idea for a superteam that just wears fatigues and bulletproof vests for a while now. Don't think I currently care enough to do it though.

Please never do.

Stop projecting. She's still feminine, she looks like fucking Tinker Bell.

>A character getting a classic superhero makeover from their "modern" look?

Of course. Everything comes back into style if you wait long enough.

>Implying pixies aren't the cutest, most feminine haircut.

sex